• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Sedating power: alprazolam >> temazepam >> clonazepam > triazolam ~ zaleplon

The.Ghost

Bluelighter
Sedating power: alprazolam >> temazepam >> clonazepam > triazolam ~ zaleplon

My question is, what's going on here? This order makes no sense.

For those not familiar with the notation, > is 'greater than', >> is 'much greater than', and ~ is 'roughly equal to'.

The king here is alproazolam. 2 mg of that hits me a lot harder than 30 mg temazepam, and that's after being on each for about the same amount of time (few years). Clonazepam is more an honorary mention, though triazolam is particularly confusing: 2 mg of that (yes, that's 8 pills) is comparable to 10 mg of zaleplon (insufflated).

I should mention that I take all of these with a generous amount of ethanol (I know, bad idea), though that still doesn't explain the trend. What's going on with my brain chemistry?

Your zaleplon may "feel" stronger due to you snorting it. It is hitting you quicker via that route, but the duration is shorter. Afa the rest, body chemistry dictates how each drug effects you. foe a lot of people, 2 mg triazolam would knock them out. Depending on the route of administration and how often you ingested the triazolam , could be a tolerance factor. Alcohol seems to wreck tolerance to GABAergic drugs. I would like to point out that just because you have a tolerance for a few years, does not mean that any of these drugs still can't hit you sideways. All those medications are very dangerous anytime alcohol is consumed, tolerant or not.

The only thing the least bit surprising from your post is what you've said about triazolam, but its known to have paradoxical effects at a higher rate than other benzos. And drugs can affect everyone in slightly different ways, thats just a fact of life. Not to mention there is set, setting, what you did that day, whats on your mind, whats in your stomach, how you've slept the previous week, etc. etc.

It sounds like an issue of ROA and dosage. What dosages are you comparing. Of course 30mg of temazepam is going to be less powerfully than 1mg or 2mg of alprazolam given the dosage conversion. Temazepam is probably my favorite benzo, but I have to take about 150mg to get anything really recreational out of it (it only takes a mg or two of alprazolam or clonazepam to get recreational effects).

Have you looked at the benzo equivalency chart in the directory/threads of importance in OD? That will help you make sense of this.

Also z-drugs tend to be more hypnotic than benzos like alprazolam, and some people find those effects more desirable than more generalized anxiolytic effects of alpraz.

If you think alprazolam is the king of benzos, then i believe u never tried flunitrazepam or inj. Midazolam...

I like diazepam and bromazepam myself..

If you think alprazolam is the king of benzos, then i believe u never tried flunitrazepam or inj. Midazolam...

I like diazepam and bromazepam myself..

Midazolam is king benz

Your zaleplon may "feel" stronger due to you snorting it. It is hitting you quicker via that route, but the duration is shorter.

Unlike benzos, Zaleplon also undergoes extensive first-pass metabolism, reducing its oral bioavailability to just 30%, whereas benzos typically have an oral BA of around 90% or higher.

In other words, snorting is greatly going to potentiate it, not just because it comes on faster, but also because you don't lose 2/3rds of the dose to your liver enzymes.