security error while updating signature

sekio

Bluelight Crew
I'm trying to update the URLs in my signature but trying to apply changes gets me a 403 with:
Security Error

The firewall at bluelight.org has blocked your request for security reasons.

Any idea why?

Any recent software or hardware changes on your end? 403 is generally an antivirus/security issue on your end causing the server to reject your browser or could be an htaccess issue for BL but that makes less sense if it's only you

403 is generally an antivirus/security issue on your end causing the server to reject your browser
In this case it's not on my end. The 403 is being returned by the Cloudflare proxy used to protect BL from DDOS etc.

It turned out it was the old http://www.bluelight.ru URLs that were causing the error.

Now the links in my signature are finally working once more.

403s are also what we are getting when our server vomits on a proposed url to post.

Can you tell which url is giving you the issues? I don't know what browser you are using, but for chrome the three dots at top right > More tools > Developer tools opens a pane on the right. The 'console' tab is where it will tell you the offending url.

ok...I'm slow to reply, seems you sorted it. Yeah, .ru may cause issues, though we used to have a redirect rule for those. Maybe it expired.