• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Sciatica

BehindtheShadow

Bluelight Crew
Hi Ya,
Currently suffering from sciatica in my right hip.
Pain has been quite intense starting in my lower back, into my butt cheek, hip leg and knee.

I've just given birth a few months back and suddenly got this....

Anyone got any tips or advice on what I can do to ease pain without taking medication?

I get sciatica quite a lot. Physiotherapy will help a lot (and actually doing the exercises they give you, of course hehehe). Stretching helps me immensely. If you do get physio done, ask them to give you some good stretches to do. Otherwise I am SURE you can just find some videos on youtube to show you some good stretches.
Also make sure you're moving around/walking plenty. A lot of people make the mistake of resting when they have sciatica nerve pain, and in my experience it just makes it a lot worse.
Massaging the area will also help. Do you guys have Tiger Balm in the US??
PovHnsxtTiCzFQg8lYuSFhq0ozCRLPbGWj5s-PNEPAugfPyW2TjTynuJSaurNO7n2aXlIytiyejeh6MkDu4q-l6A4Ajv_L0MyJmKyqd0o3WfBUlFCcf3KG56jnFr95MBlbYKNIdoPlPsrozOvLprZOTlMTZFUf2E

A lot of people make the mistake of resting when they have sciatica nerve pain, and in my experience it just makes it a lot worse.

I have had sciatica for years. My worst time for it was waking up in the morning with that pain down my right leg. Sometimes it shifts to the other side. I do stretches and things. I am also prescribed gabapentin and I can swear it works as I have not had a lot of pain in a good while. Sometimes it creeps back and then leaves. But It is miserable. I seemed to have been blessed with a few rarer ailments that cause pain. Cluster headaches and sciatica. I can proudly mention I grew out of my cluster headaches and have not had any in 15 years. I would love to grow out of my sciatica but don't think it is the same.

Guys, a simple and very effective all round body strengthening practise I learned from a retired Swiss chiropractor at a Welsh juggling convention in 2000, roll a not too firm, not too soft tennis ball under each foot, up and down from heel to ball over each area, or in straight rows back and forth, then other direction between toes and ball or foot.

Keep as upright as you can, but may need a nearby steadier like surface or anything easy for one hand, which is okay.

Because it's self applied reflexology using the accupressure points in the feet, working out the crystal build up in the feet in connection to affected areas of the body.

2-4 minutes each foot, 2-4 times a day.

So like exercise, and this is primarily a while body muscle strengthening exercise, which really works I testify, and this Swiss chiropractor on the day he introduced us during a class at this juggling convention to this particular technique he was very emphatic about it he said that it was the very first thing he sent his patients away to do and that 90% of them simply didn't need any more treatment he quoted sciatica as being one of the conditions which responded very well and quickly from his experience.

Losing my thought trails always lol!

Like exercise, 2 minutes each foot 2 times a day, makes a very noticeable difference to body strength agility, flexibiity, strain and pain, neck aches, stiffness etc,

So much so, that it's easy to just sit back in the armchair again and reep the benefits of the easy 20 minute walk.

Or, keep at it. It feels like exercise, so it isn't effortless, but is an another sense.

It's just application and commitment. Try it I swear.

Just a couple minutes, once a day, each foot, I notice a great difference and benefit.

I am lazy though. Years past I practised it much more often and I was incredibly fit, agile and strong until 2005.

Last edited:
Topical, transdermal Magnesium oil too. Incredible pain reliever.

Infrared massager, with vibration option simultaneous with IR or either alone, very good for real pain relief, soothing, anaesthesia effectively, but slso actual direct healing stimulation of all soft tissue.

Again, I swear.

I get sciatica quite a lot. Physiotherapy will help a lot (and actually doing the exercises they give you, of course hehehe). Stretching helps me immensely. If you do get physio done, ask them to give you some good stretches to do. Otherwise I am SURE you can just find some videos on youtube to show you some good stretches.
Also make sure you're moving around/walking plenty. A lot of people make the mistake of resting when they have sciatica nerve pain, and in my experience it just makes it a lot worse.
Massaging the area will also help. Do you guys have Tiger Balm in the US??
PovHnsxtTiCzFQg8lYuSFhq0ozCRLPbGWj5s-PNEPAugfPyW2TjTynuJSaurNO7n2aXlIytiyejeh6MkDu4q-l6A4Ajv_L0MyJmKyqd0o3WfBUlFCcf3KG56jnFr95MBlbYKNIdoPlPsrozOvLprZOTlMTZFUf2E
I'm in South Africa, we don't have tiger balm but we do have this thing called deep heat.
I'm trying to walk but the pain is so bad I want to cry!
I shall google some stretches and see if those help

Guys, a simple and very effective all round body strengthening practise I learned from a retired Swiss chiropractor at a Welsh juggling convention in 2000, roll a not too firm, not too soft tennis ball under each foot, up and down from heel to ball over each area, or in straight rows back and forth, then other direction between toes and ball or foot.

Keep as upright as you can, but may need a nearby steadier like surface or anything easy for one hand, which is okay.

Because it's self applied reflexology using the accupressure points in the feet, working out the crystal build up in the feet in connection to affected areas of the body.

2-4 minutes each foot, 2-4 times a day.

So like exercise, and this is primarily a while body muscle strengthening exercise, which really works I testify, and this Swiss chiropractor on the day he introduced us during a class at this juggling convention to this particular technique he was very emphatic about it he said that it was the very first thing he sent his patients away to do and that 90% of them simply didn't need any more treatment he quoted sciatica as being one of the conditions which responded very well and quickly from his experience.

Losing my thought trails always lol!

Like exercise, 2 minutes each foot 2 times a day, makes a very noticeable difference to body strength agility, flexibiity, strain and pain, neck aches, stiffness etc,

So much so, that it's easy to just sit back in the armchair again and reep the benefits of the easy 20 minute walk.

Or, keep at it. It feels like exercise, so it isn't effortless, but is an another sense.

It's just application and commitment. Try it I swear.

Just a couple minutes, once a day, each foot, I notice a great difference and benefit.

I am lazy though. Years past I practised it much more often and I was incredibly fit, agile and strong until 2005.
Let me try this idea with the tennis ball thank you

Let me try this idea with the tennis ball thank you
You are welcome and thank you for being open. No matter what one person's issues are, This tennis ball practice will benefits any body which is simply capable of performing it and benefiting in any typical manner in a systemic way so it will indirectly help anything it may not necessarily directly so.

Hope it brings some relief. Keep plugging (I don't mean plugging LSD lol, probably wouldn't help, but Microdosing might?)

Oil of oregano is a good natural pain killer too.

Peppermint essential oil inhaled in sinuses, has a pain relieving effect too.

I do both of these things daily for severe allergies, so have just taken the pain relieving action for background granted, having learned of it so long back.

I'm in South Africa, we don't have tiger balm but we do have this thing called deep heat.
I'm trying to walk but the pain is so bad I want to cry!
I shall google some stretches and see if those help
Ooh we have Deep Heat here in Aus too, I love it! Massage it DEEP in to your butt cheeks where the sciatic nerve gets pinched, massage it in as hard as you can. It hurts like hell but it helps unlock the nerve.

Ooh we have Deep Heat here in Aus too, I love it! Massage it DEEP in to your butt cheeks where the sciatic nerve gets pinched, massage it in as hard as you can. It hurts like hell but it helps unlock the nerve.
I actually went to the Drs rooms today it's gotten so bad
I waited the whole day only to be turned away sigh
Got to love Africa

I get sciatica pain only when driving and sleeping on my right side. Other than that, no issues. It started about 13 years ago on a long road trip and has never left since then.