Positive Schizophrenia somehow controlled and nearly cured by clozapine

PaulAxe

Greenlighter
Hi everyone! So in late 2015 I started developing paranoid schizophrenia because of cocaine abuse and I was still a teenager in a development phase which caused me to develop this disease.
I even posted a thread here when I was around 15-16 but got kicked out because I was a minor and I needed help because I overdosed and had a panic attack.
I'm very familiar with Bluelight, I've known this forum ever since I was new.

So I continued to consume drugs even after the panic attack and it came to a stage where I felt like I was in hell and I saw demons everywhere in my room. Tactile hallucinations were the breakfast of the day when I suffered from the symptoms. I even heard a demonic voice scream into my face when I was trying to sleep at the age of 18. In 2019 things got worse. I started getting more paranoid and I started being seen by a psychiatrist that literally saved part of my life for 2 years. After sectionings and sectionings in the worst mental hospital of the world (Sobral Cid, in Coimbra, Portugal) which has 16 sections all divided (one is forensics, for criminals) I finally learned my lesson and was prescribed with 250mg of clozapine at night. I started gradually reducing with the help of my new psychiatrist and now I'm at 50mg per night.

I still have hallucinations such as the coffee bumbling from supposed poison but I simply ignore it and drink the coffee. Sometimes I get tactile hallucinations before sleeping but I ignore them aswell. I'm currently very conscious of my disease because of the medication I took and due to my hard work not touching the cocaine.

What I'm trying to say is that clozapine is the best medication to treat schizophrenia. You can die from it if prescribed at a high dose, but luckily now I'm at a very small dose and hopefully I will not die from it.
My long path of drug abuse lead to me to develop depression, anxiety disorder and schizophrenia. I still suffer from depression and a very aggressive anxiety disorder in which the smallest thing of things causes a full blown anxiety attack.

Glad it works for you. I’m sure it can be additionally tweaked with combo of other meds to be even more effective but as you describe how you can deal with what little symptoms are left probably no need for that. I’m sure some day, and as you are young I’m sure you’ll live to see it, safer and even more effective meds will be provided to you.

As for depression and anxiety keep trying to improve things in all possible ways and little by little it’ll get better.

Hi everyone! So in late 2015 I started developing paranoid schizophrenia because of cocaine abuse and I was still a teenager in a development phase which caused me to develop this disease.
I even posted a thread here when I was around 15-16 but got kicked out because I was a minor and I needed help because I overdosed and had a panic attack.
I'm very familiar with Bluelight, I've known this forum ever since I was new.

So I continued to consume drugs even after the panic attack and it came to a stage where I felt like I was in hell and I saw demons everywhere in my room. Tactile hallucinations were the breakfast of the day when I suffered from the symptoms. I even heard a demonic voice scream into my face when I was trying to sleep at the age of 18. In 2019 things got worse. I started getting more paranoid and I started being seen by a psychiatrist that literally saved part of my life for 2 years. After sectionings and sectionings in the worst mental hospital of the world (Sobral Cid, in Coimbra, Portugal) which has 16 sections all divided (one is forensics, for criminals) I finally learned my lesson and was prescribed with 250mg of clozapine at night. I started gradually reducing with the help of my new psychiatrist and now I'm at 50mg per night.

I still have hallucinations such as the coffee bumbling from supposed poison but I simply ignore it and drink the coffee. Sometimes I get tactile hallucinations before sleeping but I ignore them aswell. I'm currently very conscious of my disease because of the medication I took and due to my hard work not touching the cocaine.

What I'm trying to say is that clozapine is the best medication to treat schizophrenia. You can die from it if prescribed at a high dose, but luckily now I'm at a very small dose and hopefully I will not die from it.
My long path of drug abuse lead to me to develop depression, anxiety disorder and schizophrenia. I still suffer from depression and a very aggressive anxiety disorder in which the smallest thing of things causes a full blown anxiety attack.
Welcome back to Bluelight. Thank you so much for sharing part of your story with us. I am sure some people who suffer with psychosis and/or schizophrenia will benefit and gain some hope from reading your experience. It fucking sucks that you're still struggling so much with your anxiety and depression though, but it is amazing and wonderful to hear you've got a handle on your schizophrenia symptoms.

Do you also see a therapist as well as your psychiatrist? Just curious.

Welcome back to Bluelight. Thank you so much for sharing part of your story with us. I am sure some people who suffer with psychosis and/or schizophrenia will benefit and gain some hope from reading your experience. It fucking sucks that you're still struggling so much with your anxiety and depression though, but it is amazing and wonderful to hear you've got a handle on your schizophrenia symptoms.

Do you also see a therapist as well as your psychiatrist? Just curious.
I see a psychologist. It helps with getting things out and clear subjects that I'm susceptible to.

My mom was GREAT on Clozaril. Similar medication?

Best of luck with your healing and so happy you found something that works for you!
Well, clozapine gives you euphoria. Heroin like euphoria. After 30 minutes you can't get up from your bed or couch and if you do manage to get up to eat something you can trip and fall because it's an extremely strong medication even on a low dose.

I'm glad clozapine is working for you. I've been on the stuff for 11 years now, and while things have improved, it's not a cure-all. But yes, I've been on olanzapine, quetiapine, and chlorpromazine, all of which did nothing but knock me out. Thus clozapine became a "last resort" antipsychotic.