• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Salvia Nostalgia or "Here we are again"

the jungle mind reels at the attrocity of shaggy bipeds filling carts with dying fruit in aisles at supermarkets, near chilled animal parts in shiny bags or boxes.

it's bananas!

Cool comment.
I have a theory for the becoming the chair.

Fist, the psychonaut after a breakthrough dose of salvia has no preconception of anything. No information will be old.
In fact, it feels like we are feeling our senses for the first time.

In this context, the trip flows in the rhythm of the heartbeat. We are specially sensitive to the sensation of blood flowing and arteries pumping.

At each heartbeat we feel our muscles gently stretch and contract. This gives us the sensation of planification.
Meaning that our senses are indicating a lateralization of our body.
Another important fact is the natural pressure our bodies must exercise to counter que atmosphere pressure, which is also relevant and contributes to the sensation that we are exercising a force in 2D plane.
Yet another point worth of noting is that when we achieve a certain point during the trip we start to map our own bodies and suddenly realize this weird kinetic sensation of the chair touching our skin and the continuous pressure of the weight of our bodies over the chair.

All of this together contributes to the sensation that we are being stretched laterally and it's easy to say that "I became the sofa".
So you gave it some thought. lol Excellent man. Nobody talks about this stuff. But as far as becoming an object I cannot comment as it never happened to me. But I dont see anything except darkness and the Salvia trip. The 2D plane feels like the opposite of dimensions that open up in say DMT, but yet the SD plane has its own dimensions that unfold and wash over. Its has its own windows but nothing ike DMT. Completely different. Kappa doens't really explain anything or Perntazocine would also produce the strange but familar effects but it does not seem too. Although further experiements from people could prove different. Who knows. Kappa does have some pain killing properties as if you had a pain and enters Salvia you would not feel it anymore and has that anesthetized feeling for me. One time on morphine I smoked Salvia and there were some similarities but i came out of the Salvia trance into a nod and it seemed seemless.

The gravity in Salivia land is strange too. It is what keeps me pinned to the couch but I can see it swooping someone up in and moving that person across the room. Seems like the physical laws of consensus reality don't apply in Salvia and it has its own physical law. To have those sensations mentioned above to turn someone into a sofa shows we are taking in reality different.

Lighter Salvias trip can be so refreshing and clearing I am surprisd more people that use all kinds of things dont use it. In my 22 years and 200 or so trips on it I was always in dark silence as I notice even the slightest noise can snap me out of the trance. And oddly enough to get snapped out can cause anger because you don't want ot be snapped out of it. Something as simple as the house settling can take your attention from it for a second until it reasserts itself. So it never occured to me to do it in light. I will say my eyes are usually open in that total darkness watching the show. It is strange how closing eyes can sometimes blur what you are seeing.unless you are on a larger dose. Then it does not matter. While DMT I do with darkness but with candle light and eyes closed.

Lastly leaf I bought in 1999 works as well today as it did then. Salvia is stable stable stable.

Last edited:
I used the tincture when you take do you feel like you are tumbling thru your mind to the old childhood memory?

I think the gravity is just the compounding of sensations as you lean, each bit of pressure is amplified, the body position is confused, muscular effort feels compounded. all from slower fading or stacking up of frames of experiencing.

I think the becoming objects is related to our "artificial" sense of our position in space.
without corrections, just based upon the amount of nerves that can be maximally sensed, our uncorrected image of self would be like this homunculus:
C0176826-Sensory_homunculus.jpg

Note, much more sensation and control in hands than at the back of head etc., but with the ability to interpret our presence in 3-d space (so that we can plan moves etc.) we reshape this homunculus or re-interpret it's shape to suit the more consensual reality that our bodies appear to be.

this gets messed up partly from the frame stacking, as we are experiencing the chair, or touching it that sensation keeps resonating and the proprioceptive signals come in from parts of our skin touching the insides of our shoes or our buts on the chair or the collar around our shirt, and make up the 3-d map as per usual. However, as we occupy this map correcting for the homuncular distortion, we drag in residual space of the chair as well and just as we feel our own feet we also feel the feet of the chair, we reconstruct the whole thing and occupy it in 3-d space visualization.

I noticed also that if I swivel in my chair, with eyes still open, the visual frame stacking is 3-d mapped into a view of 360 degrees and I actually can see all around me without moving. it is just as shocking and enjoyable and compelling as the becoming of the chair.

So been feeling in a total funk this week not knowing which way to turn and I read in Dale Pendell book Pharmako/Poeia that the leaves work best when one is in a funk with no way out. So I pulled out some leaf I got years ago. These leaves were just in a tupperware in a drawer. Other leaf is stored better. So I figure I would crush up a leaf and use a small amount to aid meditation and to get use to it again. It had been a full year sice I asked for Salvias help so I was sheepish. Anyway close the light was just in the bedroom, not basement as usuall where it is dak and silent. It was raining and figured a small amount would reaquaint myself. Took a small hit (all the while rememberig @pupnik saying a hot flame is not needed) pulled the lighter away, took a bigger one and can feel it coming and decided to take a third.

Well what happened next was unbelievable. Before I put the pipe down I was like wait hold up, I wanted a ligher trip as it totally comes on and engulfs me. A wave of cathefral type beings talking to be by name pulls reality in this wave and more come out mixed in. The nostalgia part this time was Salvia comes out to me the same way most of the time. It goes back to a famililar type effect each time. Like nostalgia is built in. But last night I got a little nervous how strong it was thinking maybe I OD on exttract. But it was plain leaf and I stayed on the bed at least pinned to it. I believe at the point Salvia will not let me get up as it is showing me its thing.

Such a fascinating experience. My funk is gone, I have the afterglow. Actually I learned the funk is not totally gone, I just feel better about that funk and it separated it from me (probably a dissociative effect)

I realize Salvia is strong, like it takes an acid trip and sticks it on a rocket. But it is beautiful what it does. I can never believe it when I come out of the trance. But it is so valid, important and needed. I may type up a trip report for practice. Lately I have had little to time to do anything but grunt a post of two out for BL.

I always scratch my head, this has to be more than kappa effect. I dont think we know anything on why it does what it does. But however it works it is stable. Leaves from 20 years ago are just as strong.

Last edited:
So been feeling in a total funk this week not knowing which way to turn and I read in Dale Pendell book Pharmako/Poeia that the leaves work best when one is in a funk with no way out. So I pulled out some leaf I got years ago. These leaves were just in a tupperware in a drawer. Other leaf is stored better. So I figure I would crush up a leaf and use a small amount to aid meditation and to get use to it again. It had been a full year sice I asked for Salvias help so I was sheepish. Anyway close the light was just in the bedroom, not basement as usuall where it is dak and silent. It was raining and figured a small amount would reaquaint myself. Took a small hit (all the while rememberig @pupnik saying a hot flame is not needed) pulled the lighter away, took a bigger one and can feel it coming and decided to take a third.

Well what happened next was unbelievable. Before I put the pipe down I was like wait hold up, I wanted a ligher trip as it totally comes on and engulfs me. A wave of cathefral type beings talking to be by name pulls reality in this wave and more come out mixed in. The nostalgia part this time was Salvia comes out to me the same way most of the time. It goes back to a famililar type effect each time. Like nostalgia is built in. But last night I got a little nervous how strong it was thinking maybe I OD on exttract. But it was plain leaf and I stayed on the bed at least pinned to it. I believe at the point Salvia will not let me get up as it is showing me its thing.

Such a fascinating experience. My funk is gone, I have the afterglow. Actually I learned the funk is not totally gone, I just feel better about that funk and it separated it from me (probably a dissociative effect)

I realize Salvia is strong, like it takes an acid trip and sticks it on a rocket. But it is beautiful what it does. I can never believe it when I come out of the trance. But it is so valid, important and needed. I may type up a trip report for practice. Lately I have had little to time to do anything but grunt a post of two out for BL.

I always scratch my head, this has to be more than kappa effect. I dont think we know anything on why it does what it does. But however it works it is stable. Leaves from 20 years ago are just as strong.
love how you articulated the effect, the surprise, the resonant depth/weight, and nostalgic connection - and the delight that plain 20 yr old leaves rock on.

It's an interesting concept, drug nostalgia. I think I get a degree of it with most compounds, but Salvia definitely has such a completely unique feel to it, that I think it is strongly nostalgic, even when I go years in between doses.

I tend to get this feeling more so on the tail of the trip vs the beginning. In the beginning, I am still trying to figure out what is going on. I almost always forget during the experience, that i just smoked salvia haha.

One of my most interesting trips, I was with a group of friends. They wanted to smoke, I didnt really, as my previous trip was traumatic. They had never tried and wanted me to go first. I reluctantly agreed but was secretly super determined to not actually get high/resist the effects. As I was taking my toke, in my head I kept saying "I'm not going to get high, I'm not going to get high". At some point I was in a salvia game show, and that was totally normal and I "wasn't high". PICK A DOOR ANY DOOR a loud voice was saying, and theres all these doors/windows everywhere. One of the doors was vibrating and shaking violently with white light shooting out the cracks. "I'm not going to get high, I'm not going to get high", everything's cool. I wasnt brave enough for that door and chose a normal looking one, I opened it and I could see my friends peering intently at me.

"Oh fuck, I just smoked salvia, and it tricked me AGAIN"

that is my type of salvia nostalgia. Realization that I am the subject of an interdimensional prank of sorts..

For this reason, I only rarely use it. Maybe once every 5 years.

I also get strong sense of nostalgia on heavy doses of n2o, ketamine, and once even MDMA..

Before continuing reading, and loosin my thought. If there is a link between Salvia (5x extract/ smoked) and childhood. For me it would be the resemblance to my fever dream's in my early year's.

Salvia manifested itself. After i blacked out and Dropped to the ground. So I woke up in a world that was flat with no consciousness in the sense off self. A sensation of being pierced by something metal, my leg was laying against the table. Along with screeching metallic, echoing sound's.
I felt a burning sensation round my facial area, which although i wasn't aware that I had a face turned out to be the fabric of my synthetic rug.

Weird drug, almost totally indescribable.

Fuck that reptilian brain shit, no way I am a reptile.

Especially not me brain, the Lizzard's should shutter there mouth's and stop bothering menkind with their bullshit.

Dinosaur's belong in babylon.