Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Salvia) My First and Only Salvia Trip

aujiraman

Greenlighter
This actually happened a few years ago, but I remember it like yesterday.

A friend and I purchased some Salvia from a nearby head shop (I believe it was enhanced with 15x extract). We returned to his house. It was dark outside - 8pm or so. I sat down in a camp chair at the end of his room next to the door, loaded a fairly large bowl into a glass pipe and eagerly volunteered to go first.

Here is what happened from my point of view:

I took a hit, and feeling extremely confident, I torched the entire bowl, taking nearly all of it in one huge inhalation. I held it in for what seemed like minutes. As I blew it out, I almost felt duped.

Then, suddenly it was daytime. I was outside, standing on the small porch outside my backdoor, looking at my backyard. I saw my mom standing there, along with a group of people who vaguely reminded me of the Village People (a fireman, a cop, etc.).

The outside wall of my house fell on top of me, crushing me and burying me underground. as I tried to crawl out from under it, the ground started to swallow me up. It threatened to suffocate me, harshly rolling and sucking me into its depths. I frantically tried to climb up out of this abyss, screaming for help. No one would help me. It swallowed me up.

The next thing I remember is my head being split apart in four ways (both horizontally and vertically). I don't mean a headache - I mean, I could *feel* my face / head being sliced and pulled open like an orange. It would get to a point that seemed terminal, and then it would start over, cycling again and again.

The first coherent thing I saw was my friend's face, in the top half of my vision, from across the room. I called his name, a few times, frantically. He said "I'm here, bro." Slowly, the splitting subsided. I then proceeded to have a vicious hot flash. It was like my body temperature had raised itself to an unbearable level. My friend asked if I was OK. I said "Yeah, but I need to go outside and get some air." I did. The hot flash finally subsided.

Here is the story as my friend tells it:

Apparently, shortly after I took my huge hit, I fell over sideways and hit my head on the door. I then punched the door as hard as I could, and proceeded to try to claw my way up the door, kicking, screaming, flailing, and freaking out for several minutes. When I finally managed to stand up, I looked around frantically for a minute and finally seemed to catch sight of him. I called his name. He responded. The rest is as told above.

Salvia... Never again.

It was the first time I truly felt the way drugs can make a grown man lose his mind (I was 22).

I had a second moment like this on 8 HBWR seeds, chewed and swallowed. I gave up on the trip after an hour and a half, fell asleep, then woke up in the middle of the worst panic attack of my life. My heart rate felt impossibly high. Not sure if it actually was, but it seemed over 250. I used Xanax to abort.

Hallucinogenic drugs are not to be played with lightly.