Salvia banned in California?

StarOceanHouse

Bluelight Crew
I heard some rumors that Salvia has been banned here. I couldn't find any information on it. Does anyone know if its true?

there was a bill (AB 259) introduced in 2007 to classify salvia as a schedule I substance in california, but i didn't think it passed. salvia was still being sold in several shops around here last time i checked. i believe the ban you might be referring to applies to minors only. check this out:

California Outlaws Salvia Divinorum For Minors Under 18 Years of Age

according to the article, it's that same assembly bill 259 in action. evidently the most they could get out of the legislation was criminalizing the sale of salvia divinorum to minors.

snap i need to get some from a headshop before they ban it! never tried it.

there are 11 states that now have anti-salvia laws on the books.

Missouri, Delaware, North Dakota, Illinois (among the first to classify salvia as a Schedule I hallucinogen)
Louisiana, Maine, Tennessee (restrictions on distribution)
Kansas, Virginia, Florida (bans effective as of July 1st, 2008 )
and it's now evidently banned in California if you're under 18

More States Ban Salvia

from what i can gather, Indiana, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Ohio, Alabama, and New York are looking into legislation as well.

States move to ban hallucinogen salvia

way to be discreet, youtube kiddies 8)

@lterEgo said:
there was a bill (AB 259) introduced in 2007 to classify salvia as a schedule I substance in california, but i didn't think it passed. salvia was still being sold in several shops around here last time i checked. i believe the ban you might be referring to applies to minors only. check this out:

California Outlaws Salvia Divinorum For Minors Under 18 Years of Age

according to the article, it's that same assembly bill 259 in action. evidently the most they could get out of the legislation was criminalizing the sale of salvia divinorum to minors.

aha, that must have been what happened here in california. so I guess it is still available..just not to minors.

Another ludicrous attempt to ban a freakin plant?

All life in the universe exists for a reason yet somehow man is the only arrogant being I know of who would put himself above God and try to erradicate something which in all likelyhood existed before man and will exist after man.

cannabis, psilocybin fungii,salvia. I say ban fucking lawn grass so I don't have to pollute the planet with my noise and fumes mowing the grass.

I have done salvia 10x extract with my spouse. All I got out of it was a 5 minute paralysis and a headache.
She had an out of body DMT type experience and found it well worth the headache after.

I support anyones right to grow and consume any plant in existence on this earth as long as they keep it in and about their home

It's still available in Atlanta. I bought some and tried it last week for the first time. I have tried about everything and I did not believe everything I read online. I did *one hit* and within 30 seconds I was in another world I have never experienced. That is some freaky stuff. I was out of my body, it was intense.

Salvia is still legal in California. They tried to make it illegal, but their efforts failed. I go to Venice Beach every couple weeks and was there last weekend, and all the glass shops had signs saying "Salvia sold here".

Salvia is a shitty drug anyways...