• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Saftey of taking ambien while on hydrocodone

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
I took about 15mg of hydrocodone about 3 hours ago and was wondering if it was safe to take about 40mg of ambien in about 30 mins or so. I dont feel the opiate much anymore, and also took a 20mg adderall at the same time of taking the hydros so im feeling that a bit more now then anything. So would it be safe so mix that much ambien after taking painkillers hours before? My tolerance is relatively high for both ambien and hydros.

you sound like a slob, but anyways, you will be fine. Just don't take 40 mg of ambien like moron -- do 10 or 5.

shpongle1987 - What is your normal dose for hydrocodone and for Ambien? It's safest not to take Ambien that soon after taking an opioid. Also the Adderall could be masking some of the effects of the hydrocodone, making you not realize how much it's still affecting you. If you are going to take the Ambien I would not take 40mg. I am hesitant about this combo because someone on here died recently from taking Ambien a few hours after taking an opioid.

Tussmann - Not sure why you would say the OP sounds like a "slob" or why you would think that was a useful thing to say :?

Thanks for the advice, i took 20mg and am fine. All Tussman wtf? wake up on the wrong side of the robotussin bottle or somethin jeeesh love ya man

Why would you take 20mg adderall if you knew you would be going to sleep in 3½ hours time?
No offense, but it doesn't make sense to me.

before bed? come on man smoke some weed pop a benzo and ambien is ok keep dose low (because U AND................ I never know if u will sleep walk very common with ambien?> peace ..............................blitzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

^sleep walking isn't the issue, it's dying. I believe a BL member died a few weeks ago from taking too much ambien along with oxycodone, be very careful mixing z-drugs, benzos and opiates, so many people have died from doing this.

Hate to bump an old thread but this seems most appropriate for my issue at hand, rather than start a new one. The issue at hand is a sloppy one as OP can relate to and that Tussmann has quite bluntly pointed out. One has to be in a kind of sloppy state to even think about combining such chemicals hahahhaa.

So if you find yourself in a sloppy situation where the thoughts of combining hydrocodone with ambien seem like a very plausible idea, not to speak of adding adderall to the mix which simply takes one to an all new level of sloppiness OP lol I'm sure it wasn't your best day, but anyways ya I just popped a 325/7.5 M366 tab. Also had about 3 mixed drinks and decided to pop 5mg of zolpidem after reading this thread. You could say things are sloppy over here right now, but fret not as this is the last absurd cocktail I will be taking and am going to neaten up this mess because I really don't like getting sloppy anymore.

The issue is the respiratory depression that results from getting "sloppy". Do what you're gonna do but I wouldn't take two fairly powerful and sedating sleeping pills with alcohol and opiates, the doses you listed aren't big but that's four CNS depressants, which is dicy; but to add adderal on top of that just seems irresponsible. That's alot of pushing and pulling in different directions for your heart. Also seems like a redundant combination to me, and I find it odd that reading of the dangers associated with stacking downers led you to stack some downers. be safe.

The issue is the respiratory depression that results from getting "sloppy". Do what you're gonna do but I wouldn't take two fairly powerful and sedating sleeping pills with alcohol and opiates, the doses you listed aren't big but that's four CNS depressants, which is dicy; but to add adderal on top of that just seems irresponsible. That's alot of pushing and pulling in different directions for your heart. Also seems like a redundant combination to me, and I find it odd that reading of the dangers associated with stacking downers led you to stack some downers. be safe.

What I have taken is alcohol, 1 M366 7.5mg hydrocodone tab, and a 5mg half-tab of zolpidem. Very low doses, and I am certainly not taking adderall lol, that was in the first post of this thread.

I suppose some nicotine might be in order to get the CNS sped up a bit, I assure you though no more downers are being taken. The dose of ambien and hydrocodone was minimal. So it was 3 downers, ambien technically being a hypnotic and not as sedative as your classic benzo.

Of course it is all dose dependent, this combo would be suicide with higher doses.

My bad, mis read that bit. Half tweaked speed reading bahahThought you meant you'd had some drinks with all of that and we're gonna add adderal >.< about the upper+downer thing it's actually more unhealthy to have uppers and downers in your system together as it causes more stress to your cardiovascular system that said a cigarette shouldn't be your bane tonight haha. Enjoy the buzz

Thanks. The buzz is what I like to call a 'safety walrus silkly fur lined net' of killing off any anxiety and worry so we can get our head back on straight and get some things done today, although I can feel the walrus starting to take over the effects as I popped 5mg more of ambien, but that's the last of it! The next half hour should be interesting to say the least...dependening on what the walrus has in store...

Oh yes, please do not combine any of the drugs you see people doing here in this thread, hopefully most if not all are very very experienced users and have performed similar combo's and remained safe and healthy in the past.

You may start to get a better understanding of the sloppiness of the situation when I tell you it is morning right now here, well now it's 1pm EST but I dosed the first pill about an hour and a half ago. Anyways Wallie the Warus is here and he wants to play so I gotta go play guys! Toodles, and remember do no react any drug combo's you see taking place in this thread! Unless you find yourself in a direly sloppy situation. %)

Haha nice! Ima be needing some downers later on, I got a pretty special buzz going aswell! Popped 60mg oxy earlier with a cap of g and a couple bowls of rather high quality speed, topped up with a 40 mg snort of oxy and a couple bumps of speed. Whoooosh. Now to smoke a joint before I gotta get ready for work lmao.

Haha nice! Ima be needing some downers later on, I got a pretty special buzz going aswell! Popped 60mg oxy earlier with a cap of g and a couple bowls of rather high quality speed, topped up with a 40 mg snort of oxy and a couple bumps of speed. Whoooosh. Now to smoke a joint before I gotta get ready for work lmao.

Lmao, have a nice day at work.