• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Safe to take LSD after a dose of Clonazepam?

sadmachine

Bluelighter
Once every blue moon I take 0.5-1mg of clonazepam recreationally to just enjoy being relaxed and free of stress. I took 0.5mg a couple hours ago and have been feeling very in tune with myself and wanting to trip. Have had some tabs sitting around for over a year but the right day has just never come up. (it's also been sitting in a baggie with dexamphetamine so I hope that hasn't damaged the tab).

I know that people can take benzos during trips to calm down but what about taking it before? The clonaz has put me in such a great mindset today I feel it would be perfect for tripping. Would it be safe but just a potentially lessened experience? Am I at risk for serotonin syndrome or anything nasty like that?

If anyone could clue me up real quick that would be super appreciated.

EDIT: just ate the tab, some friends said it would ruin it others say it might be low enough to just take the edge off and LSD will overpower it.

Update: 45 mins in, I don't usually have much of a comeup from any drug really (don't even get nausea from opiates), feeling a bit heightened but no obvious signs yet, hopefully the tab hadn't degraded from spending 2 years in a bag with a bunch of dexie crumbs.

1:15 in, feeling a bit giddy and pupils a bit dilated, saw some shadows dance a little bit but no really obvious visuals yet. I feel extremely clear headed from the benzo, normally on lsd I get very very confused.

Last edited:
Just wanted to put my thoughts on the experience out there now that i'm coherent enough to do so.

Was by leaps and bounds the best trip i've ever had. Completely removed a ton of the confusion I get whilst tripping and I felt like I was really able to experience it properly, a lot of my past trips have been very fun but very tense, I never really was able to do any deep thinking whilst tripping because i'd be stuck in thought-loops/anxious rumination which I tend to do even when sober. Without that there I was able to really let myself go into the trip. Match made in heaven for me, I took another .5mg 8 hours in and it pretty much killed the trip, now I'm just in the really pleasant, relaxed yet still psychedelic state. I could do something I couldn't do whilst tripping (like follow a movie or do some gaming) or I could let myself go into psychedelia and enjoy that a bit more, choice is mine it seems.

One of the biggest revelations I had was that recently I spent literally thousands on a few boxes of oxycodones trying to get that warm, perfect euphoric buzz and I never ever once got it. At one point in the trip, I just started thinking about opiates and I felt warmth, euphoria and relaxation, almost as if I had taken some. At other points I felt the rush and empathy like I would get from mdma.

Overall cannot believe how well the two synergised for me, would never trip again without some benzos around.

Maybe you got lucky and it was a just good trip

especially if .5mg of klonopin pretty much killed it later

idk but i probably wouldn't do that again