Mental Health Rx meds ( antidepressants etc.) after a grid down or emergency?

Hannah Capps

Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So
I don’t know if this has ever been asked but does anyone have any ideas about how to prepare if there were an emergency or extended period of time where an individual who was on either life-saving medication‘s for example for diabetes or an illness or disease?

I’m on an antidepressant an anti-convulsant how do I get these medications or how do I deal if I’m not able to obtain what I take on the regular in order to combat depression and anxiety?

Ideas and thoughts on this topic how much appreciated I think it’s necessary to consider this because it just could save someone’s life.

There really is no way to prepare unless you start now and hold back some every month from your script in order to give you an emergency stash. In a power outage or another catastrophe the first places that get looted are pharmacies. And electronics stores.

If you are able to take a few pills each month and set them aside from all your scripts within a year you would at least have enough until everything got up and running again. I can't see any other way to get a stash of RX meds short of looting the pharmacy yourself should the occasion arise.

IF you are really anxious about such an event and your Dr. was willing to do it he could write you a script for a comparable med and you could fill it each month but not take it. Because you really wouldn't need it. In other words you get your regular meds filled each month but also the one that you DON"T need so that you can put it away. Since you're talking about AD's or AP's and not controlled meds if your Dr. thought you were extremely worried about it he might help you out. It won't work with controlled substances because I don't think any Dr. will let you build up a stash with those but some meds they may be amenable to helping you out. Lots of AD's and anti convulsants are similar so he could choose one that's close and just let you stockpile it. You'd have to have a pretty good relationship with your Dr. and he would have to see that this is a real issue for you. I guess all you can do is ask.

There really is no way to prepare unless you start now and hold back some every month from your script in order to give you an emergency stash. In a power outage or another catastrophe the first places that get looted are pharmacies. And electronics stores.

If you are able to take a few pills each month and set them aside from all your scripts within a year you would at least have enough until everything got up and running again. I can't see any other way to get a stash of RX meds short of looting the pharmacy yourself should the occasion arise.

IF you are really anxious about such an event and your Dr. was willing to do it he could write you a script for a comparable med and you could fill it each month but not take it. Because you really wouldn't need it. In other words you get your regular meds filled each month but also the one that you DON"T need so that you can put it away. Since you're talking about AD's or AP's and not controlled meds if your Dr. thought you were extremely worried about it he might help you out. It won't work with controlled substances because I don't think any Dr. will let you build up a stash with those but some meds they may be amenable to helping you out. Lots of AD's and anti convulsants are similar so he could choose one that's close and just let you stockpile it. You'd have to have a pretty good relationship with your Dr. and he would have to see that this is a real issue for you. I guess all you can do is ask.
Good advice! Thanks 🙏🏻

Another thing is I’m only on two meds that I take daily.. I've stopped my night med
(so much clearer thinking)

Going to an herbalist and taking a supplement form of an antidepressant, and eating nutrient dense foods is the best long term path for healing ❤️‍🩹