• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Running...

Not competitive except in the sense that I am always trying to better my last (PR) time. I run anything from 1/2 marathons on down to 5Ks.

And just 1 reply...oh well. Good to PR!

I'm not much of a runner these days. Hell, I've never been much of a runner, but these days I just don't anymore. My workouts are strictly strength and muscle endurance, and that's if I even manage to fit one in every couple of days.

Working a manual labor job pretty much takes care of my fitness regimen for me. I only work out/exercise if I'm super stressed, have a ton of energy or when I get a little buzz going on and decide to go a few rounds with my heavy bag. It happens often enough, but not as often as I'd like or as frequently as I used to.

To speak on your username, though, I love cardio when I'm high off maybe a bowlpack or two. It's easier for me to tap into a "runners high" when I'm already high, and once those endorphins start flowing it's like you can go forever.

I try to run a couple times a week, but now that my dog is old and can't keep up I usually just settle for nice long walks. I'm a bit heavier than I was when I really enjoyed it (210-220 now, 190ish when I enjoyed it) so my knees take a beating. I'm more likely to take a nice long bike ride to the waterfront if I can these days.

Never anything competitive. I used up all my competitive drive in high school / university sports. Now I get my kick in old men hockey and soccer leagues...