• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 416: Morning (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED)

Here's a gloomy, almost eerie shot from this morning.
I was hoping for fog on the mountain.

I love clouds when I get to see them. And the silver behind them is illuminating. Very Nice !

Did you get the airplane picture before the Canada smoke and fires ? I love morning airplane.

the red eyes were always horrible. lool. 👍

I love clouds when I get to see them. And the silver behind them is illuminating. Very Nice !

Did you get the airplane picture before the Canada smoke and fires ? I love morning airplane.

the red eyes were always horrible. lool. 👍
I think that was from Dec 19 2022 iirc.
Before the fires.
Mom told me to take my phone with me on walks while they're gone.
There are some neat pictures in the morning walking north on 92.

That's most likely my entry.
What one of yours are you leaning toward? @kiely
Your drive on Ursa Minor is probably your best.

That's most likely my entry.
What one of yours are you leaning toward? @kiely
Your drive on Ursa Minor is probably your best.

Entry: Driving on Ursa Minor looking out towards Ursa Major in the a.m.

LIKE !! 👍👍👍 😁<3

lJGsKbM.gif
I was organizing photos and found these. Same skatepark as the first. These guys were nuts! Thrashers indeed!

Taken the morning I had to go back to work after getting married, felt like a new person and yet really wasn't ready to leave that place.
2A72I888_t.jpg
Great shot! I know it was your honeymoon, but I have to ask. Did you get any fishing in?

Great shot! I know it was your honeymoon, but I have to ask. Did you get any fishing in?
It was actually just where we got married in central/upstate NY. There was a bit of fishing, I think she probably did more than me in that department (she's always enjoyed fishing more than me - I'm just there to catch a buzz generally speaking).

I more prefer kayaking/hiking/cliff jumping in my free time over fishing (unless I plan on eating my catch - I always get fucked up about tricking some poor creature into thinking it's got a free meal and then yanking it up into an environment it can't breath in just to toss it back. I almost always think about what it would be like to see a nice vial of LSD or or a packet of mxe just chillin next to my loungin' spot and when I go to grab it I get yanked into outerspace to get fucked with by some aliens for what feels like forever while choking on the lack of atmosphere only to get tossed back to my couch. Although, now that I think about it - that sounds better than giving my life for some sick alien fucks to nourish themselves on).

Last edited:
It was actually just where we got married in central/upstate NY. There was a bit of fishing, I think she probably did more than me in that department (she's always enjoyed fishing more than me - I'm just there to catch a buzz generally speaking).

I more prefer kayaking/hiking/cliff jumping in my free time over fishing (unless I plan on eating my catch - I always get fucked up about tricking some poor creature into thinking it's got a free meal and then yanking it up into an environment it can't breath in just to toss it back. I almost always think about what it would be like to see a nice vial of LSD or or a packet of mxe just chillin next to my loungin' spot and when I go to grab it I get yanked into outerspace to get fucked with by some aliens for what feels like forever while choking on the lack of atmosphere only to get tossed back to my couch. Although, now that I think about it - that sounds better than giving my life for some sick alien fucks to nourish themselves on).
I feel ya. I'll fish to eat every once in a while, but only if they're biting. Fifteen minutes without a nibble and I'm out. But all that really doesn't matter anymore since you painted that picture about those poor fish getting fooled just to be smothered in tartar sauce and eaten! Lol! I believe my fishing days are over. It's boring as hell anyway.

I've never been much of a hunter either. I tried turkey hunting a few times. I really did like calling them, and I got pretty good at it. My problem was, I would get comfortable at the base of a big tree, start calling them, next thing I know I'm waking up and the suns going down! I don't care that I never shot one, so it turned out good for every body.

I've heard upstate NY is a beautiful place. I never got to make a trip up there, but Levon Helms told me the area was the only place he'd live outside of Arkansas...and that's saying something!

Last edited:
You actually met levon or was that in a song?
I met him when he was recording at Muscle Shoals. A good friend of mine was a studio musician and sat in on some of Levons solo work. I couldn't play the whistle in a disco band, but I could repair sensative pick up equipment like nobody's business so I got to hang around the studio. He was just a guy, as down to earth as anybody can be. I actually asked him what the hell he was thinking moving to Woodstock. He was gonna freeze to death! At that time I was fairly ignorant of anyplace north of the Mason Dixon line. I quickly changed my mind when I heard him talk about it. He made it sound like a little bit of heaven.

I also drove Jerry Lee Lewis (aka The Killer) to the Knoxville airport from Gatlinburg, Tennessee one time. We got lost along the way. What a "long strange trip" that was...

P. S. I don't get to tell that Levon Helm story very often, so I jump on the chance when it comes around. It was 80 or 81 when I met him, which is good because if it had been a few years earlier I probably wouldn't know it. The 70's are a blur, but folks told me I had a good time, and that's all that really matters.

Last edited:
Badass, yea Woodstock is a cool little town, my uncle in law had a homestead out that way which I unfortunately never got to visit until he passed away but it was lovely.