Reversing prolactin-induced gynecomastia

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
I had prolactin four-fold above max and testosterone on the lower end due to prolonged use of SNRI (venlafaxine, 150mg/d for many years) and morphine for three years. As a result I (m/34) grew slightly visible tits, even when wearing a shirt one can see that it's not normal. Some overweight persons have it worse (I also have some fat around the stomach now) of course but I'm not happy with it. I think to having read that gynecomastia doesn't reverse itself, is this true? That the tits will remain even if I started to do a healthy exercising routine? Are there any meds which might aid, like e.g. dopamine agonists? Does substance-induced prolactin reverse on cessation or not?

Sorry to say, but once the tissue has had time to differentiate somewhat (eg grow ducts etc), you'll rarely reverse it entirely without surgery. That shouldn't stop you from trying first though, as you may still be able to shrink it to a level where you feel comfortable.

@plumbus-nine

You should get bloodwork and see if your Prolactin is still high.
If that's the case you could go with Cabergoline or another dopamine agonist, but that would not affect your gyno.

Raloxifene has helped some people shrink their gyno, it is a SERM and has side effects so do some research before you try it, but from what I recall the protocol was like 1 month at 120mg per day and another month at 60mg per day.

like @CFC it's only reversible within a certain amount of time, but that time is different for everyone... months/years... different for everyone

if it's irreversible, losing a lot of fat weight can make it more apparent, because it doesn't burn away like normal fat, but building pecs (chest muscle) can make it less noticeable

the only other option is surgery