Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Revenge

what is god?

who are you?

God is Love
Love Comes from God
15Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.…

I'm just a servant of God, purchased with His blood. I was born into captivity in a world full of unclean spirits masquerading as angels of light. He suffered greatly to set me free. His Love is real - it is not of this world. This world has a false love and a false light. It is sad that so many accept what is in front of them. They are captives of the rulers of this word. The rulers of this world (fallen angels) look to take away faith (which is counted as righteousness and causes God to act on our behalf), Love, Life, Light, Purity, and try to get people to set themselves up as gods worshiping idols. Even though all someone has to do to learn the Truth is ask God to reveal it in faith, most people accepted what was in front of them and conformed to the world. Having a form of godliness but denying its power, they became deluded and believed they themselves are gods. As a result, they so often believe the lie that they evolved from single-celled organisms. Eloquent wording is used to convince people of a blatantly false theory with 0 objective evidence. Everything used to argue for evolution can be used to argue against evolution. It violates the Law of Entropy, which is the result of the fall. People look for any excuse to accept what is in front of them..

I don't accept what is in front of me, and I certainly don't follow any of the leaders of the world. But I also don't believe that god is an entity with a consciousness that has any amount of human-like tendencies in it (as described all throughout the Bible: jealousy, revenge, a need to be worshiped, etc), or that judges humans. I believe that god is in all of us, in the sense that it is simply the force of consciousness/awareness in all life. Biblical descriptions of God are simply anthropomorphizing that force, personifying it, making it relatable, and giving it the ability to instill fear in the masses).

Reality is infinitely complex, and we will never really understand it. But there is more evidence that we evolved from single-celled organisms than there is that the Biblical God exists (of this we have literally no proof - and you can't claim the Bible as proof because it's a book of mythology no different from any other mythology in any other culture, written by humans).

This doesn't mean you can't live your life with love and be a good person. Real love does exist in this world, if you open your mind and soul to it and emerge from your repressions and fears. There isn't some grand play of angels and fallen angels affecting the world... humans have affected the world all by ourselves, and our choices are our own. It's a powerful and important thing to realize that we have power over our own lives, and only we have power over our own lives.

But anyway that's not really what this thread is about.

Revenge. This is something I have been thinking about a lot lately. For me personally, I struggle with the opinion of it never being necessary, though in most cases I suppose it is not. Usually if I am seeking revenge on one or more persons it is because they have hurt me in some way, usually mentally or emotionally.

This is an instinct that I have always had. I recall playing sports as a kid, and whenever I was fouled by someone and the ref did not make the call, I notoriously took matters into my own hands by taking that person out the very next play. Retaliation. Basically justice was not served in my opinion, therefore for prides sake I had to do something about it. A protection of one's self identity and the way they see themselves. Pride, ego. Not to say I am right, just that this has been my own human experience, and it has stuck with me. In the end it always best to simply let go, be the bigger person. This is easier said then done.

If the situation were as extreme as one of my family members being hurt/killed, or someone that I loved very dearly, I would act on impulse/natural instinct and seek revenge immediately. That may just be who I am though. In my experience I you don't stand up for yourself then you will get walked on. Forgiveness takes an immense amount of strength, but usually is perceived as a sign of weakness by others, resulting in continuing abuse.

Revenge. (...)

If the situation were as extreme as one of my family members being hurt/killed, or someone that I loved very dearly, I would act on impulse/natural instinct and seek revenge immediately. That may just be who I am though. In my experience I you don't stand up for yourself then you will get walked on. Forgiveness takes an immense amount of strength, but usually is perceived as a sign of weakness by others, resulting in continuing abuse.

Very true! If you look for forgiveness - by the time you get that strength- you would already be killed in the meantime. The world today is like the Lounge. Except that in TL I just don't care. Lots of cowards hidden by their PC.

An eye for an eye works, otherwise people wouldn't do it.

That isn't very good reasoning. People do lots of things that are stupid.

But when you say "works", what exactly do you mean? How is it effective as a solution to what?

But it has to be in proportion. I also support letting people fight out their differences, if they want to. In Canada if someone hits you and you hit them back, you can go to jail. It's ridiculous.

That does seem ridiculous. If someone hits me, I will hit them back immediately, probably more then once. Revenge though would be getting them back a few days later. I see no benefit nor point to that. Its that sort of revenge (real revenge) that we are discussing.

In nature if any human is stupid enough to incur the wrath of other humans, then they have chosen to put their survival at risk.

Where do you see humans "in nature"? I'm afraid that I think that is the furthest thing from the likes of you or I.

Revenge is unnatural. It can become a preoccupation that is actively detrimental to survival. You don't see animals wasting resources for years, planning to take down another animal who threatened its survival years ago. The actual law of nature makes that sort of preoccupation negative to the creature, who expends energy on a goal that will not compensate that expenditure. If revenge was natural, it would be broad and obvious amongst the animal kingdom. It isn't because it neither assists procreation nor strengthens survival in the long term. It serves very little evolutionary function and, as it plays little role in survival of a species, perhaps we can discard it as an obsolete principle. Life has no time for revenge; only humans.

Idealism isn't practical in a world where power is all. Power cares not for love or peace. It only cares to be able to manipulate outcomes no matter the method or cost to all those involved.

People are so idealistic when they talk about this subject. Everyone is trying to be a saint or act like the better human. It doesn't occur to people that revenge is built into us because we have a sense of right and wrong, and having been wronged. Human laws are about governance and civilization, they have little to do with justice. The legal system mostly fails miserably at delivering justice, but it does reinforce governing power.

An eye for an eye works, otherwise people wouldn't do it. But it has to be in proportion. I also support letting people fight out their differences, if they want to. In Canada if someone hits you and you hit them back, you can go to jail. It's ridiculous.

If someone is acting offensively and going out of their way to be a total prick to my face, or shows great dishonour, I have no qualms about punching them square in the nose. People in today's world do not understand consequences for their behavior. They are entitled, arrogant, selfish, and increasingly sociopathic. The system itself is violent, oppressive. And tyrannical.

Revenge is fair game. In nature if any human is stupid enough to incur the wrath of other humans, then they have chosen to put their survival at risk. Social justice works on reciprocity. If you're kind to people then you get respect. If you manipulate, harm and abuse others, you are likely to get eliminated. I support this natural order. If it were one we still used then corrupt scum currently running governments and corporations would've been lynched already.

Well said sir, well said.

i dont think its idealistic if it can be put into practice and if it is with the intention of reducing the amount of hate that people spew into the world.

revenge is a pretty polarizing topic