View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Redosing on mushrooms.

Meow1243

Bluelighter
So I just got me some mushies ^.^ I haven't tripped in about four years. I had two separate experiences that were relatively close together (about four months apart). So I have a bit of experience but like I said it's been years since I've done them so I'm looking to start really small. I'm a 115 lb female and any drug I've ever taken (shrooms, "molly", weed, and alcohol) has hit me much harder and faster compared to my friends, so I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to drugs.

I was thinking that I'd just take .5 grams and then take another .5 if I felt like I needed more. My question is will redosing have any effect? A friend of mine told me that I need to take everything at once otherwise the extra .5 will have no effect. Any input would be appreciated, thanks :)

Let me start and say I'm in the same boat as you were I always find everything hits me harder than my friends , I've also redosed shrooms once it was great I had maybe about 15/20 nice sized fresh p. semilancias , in the morning when I woke up I ate half then later in the day at about 6 I ate the other half and it brought me to a slightly higher peak :)

Redosing with mushrooms does not work. Take them all at once. You aren't going to feel much from 1/2g of mushrooms, regardless of species. What mushrooms are you using? If those are a potent species (azure, cyan, libs), then I'd take a 3/4g to a gram. If they are a mid-strength (gyms, cubes), maybe 1.5-2 g. If they are weak (pluteus species), 4+ g.

Not sure what species I have :/ Ik that they're safe at the least because my buddy has already consumed them. He's a lot more experienced with psychedelics and in his opinion were "pretty good" he took 2 grams. But I'm fairly certain that I will trip off of .5 grams as my first experience I ate 1.5 and was tripping my balls off lol. Believe me when I say I'm sensitive to drugs I can inhale the tiniest wisp of smoke from pot and be completely blazed for 2 hours.... Lol

Usually people in my area take an 8th at once so I think you'd be safe with 1.5 or 2 grams but do what makes you comfortable. Also, maybe don't smoke any weed during your trip.

Yeah I'd just rather under do it than over do it. According to erowid a threshold dose is .25 grams. I was just wondering if redosing would be effective or a waste of shrooms.

Yeah I'd just rather under do it than over do it. According to erowid a threshold dose is .25 grams. I was just wondering if redosing would be effective or a waste of shrooms.

I find that as long as I redoes within 2 hours I get a boost. Beyond that time not until day 7.

0.5 isn't bad to start. When I started regularly using shrooms 3 years ago I started with 0.67g

Tom

Not sure what species I have :/ Ik that they're safe at the least because my buddy has already consumed them. He's a lot more experienced with psychedelics and in his opinion were "pretty good" he took 2 grams. But I'm fairly certain that I will trip off of .5 grams as my first experience I ate 1.5 and was tripping my balls off lol. Believe me when I say I'm sensitive to drugs I can inhale the tiniest wisp of smoke from pot and be completely blazed for 2 hours.... Lol

What you describe sounds like they were a fairly potent species, possible P. azurescens or P. cyanescens, however if you took them 4 years ago, what you have now might be a different, less-potent species. 1.5g of Azures would be equal to 3g of Cubes or 9g of Pluteus salicinus, which are common medium-strength mushrooms and low-strength mushrooms. I'd start at 3/4g or 1g if you don''t know the species and work your way up. Redosing won't help. I don't need to smoke much marihuana to get high because I am not an addict like a lot of marihuana users. If you use marihuana occasionally and responsibly, you will need to smoke much less than an addict to get an equal high because addicts smoke so often that they build up a tolerance. The alcohol strength makes sense, as you are lightweight. Again, with molly, it depends what type of molly you used and its purity.

Last edited:
Well I've been smoking marijuana daily for four years and still all I need is a hit or two I was just using the other drugs as an example because I just seem to be quite sensitive to drugs in general so I feel like a little goes a long way with me hehe.

You can redose within the first hour - but seeing as you won't have noticed much of an effect from the first dose by then it seems a little pointless.

I had one night I was drinking and doing shrooms. It was during the FSU Vs. Auburn national championship in 2014. I took like 1.7 grams....tripped decent. Then I took an 1/8th, then I took the rest which was like 7 grams. I must've thrown up a gram or 2 at one point too. But there were 14 grams and I kept doubling the dose until it was all gone. The third trip was the most intense but it wasn't THAT much more intense. if I had taken 1.7 grams each time I would'nt have tripped that hard. But doubling the dose made me trip just as hard as if not a little harder because the other shrooms were still in my system a little. That was a good night even though I lost $100 betting on the game.

I dont redose on shrooms. I usually eat around 10 big freshly picked shrooms followed by psychedelic perfection, total experience lasting 8+ hours. Perfect come up, perfect solid peak and blissful comedown.

I dont bother weighing my shrooms, the natives didnt use scales. But i absolutely weigh other drugs like mdma of course.

Well last night I ate .5 grams followed by another .5 grams 40 minutes later. I tripped pretty decently, had some mild hallucinations. Next time I think I will take more though because I had some anxiety, I read a thread about low dose shrooming and many people reported that they felt anxious as well on low doses.

Well last night I ate .5 grams followed by another .5 grams 40 minutes later. I tripped pretty decently, had some mild hallucinations. Next time I think I will take more though because I had some anxiety, I read a thread about low dose shrooming and many people reported that they felt anxious as well on low doses.

I've heard that some people get anxious on low doses; kind of a foot half in, foot half out of water thing. But please do be careful when increasing the dose. Taking 1 g all at once may be perfect for you. Taking 1.5g may be more than 50% stronger. Knock on wood, but I've yet to have a bad trip.

Tom