• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Recreational dose of amphetamine?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Assume you've got high quality speed, dried it, given it a good acetone wash.

And that prescribed dose of amphetamine is at most 60 mg per day.

Is it anything similar to a meth dose, between 50 to 100 mg?

Never done meth. Only take (dextro)amphetamine as prescribed but even at therapeutic doses of 10-15mg I've noticed a buzz that would be worth chasing if I were that way inclined. It's a good, sociable, chatty buzz with hints of loviness in there. So, assuming your amphetamine is pure and 50-50 levo-dextro you could start around 20-30mg and go from there?

Also methylphenidate is dogshit next to amphetamine. Tho I only had that as concerta. Snorting 4f-mph was fairly euphoric until it turned very anxiety inducing. Maybe there's something there idk but I wouldn't recommend it.

There’s really no dose of regular dexamp that compares to the recreational value of (m)dexamp. I mean you can take a stout dose of regular speed but it’ll feel harder on your body and will just be less enjoyable in general compared to the alternative imo

Also, methylphenidate vs amphetamine - how does the "buzz" compare?

Snorted dextromethylphenidate (focalin) has a better buzz than standard doses of dextroamphetamine. But reuptake inhibitors aren't for everyone. Dextromethylphenidate is far more enjoyable than 4f-mph, probably a factor of 4x (then again 4f-mph isn't really euphoric at all).

I've never taken more than 80mg or so of dextroamphetamine, not sure what day 120mg feels like.

With amphetamines imo less is more. I wouldn't go higher than maybe 30-40mg with purem racemic amphetamine if you have no tolerance. Amphetamine isn't fully comparable to meth, the latter is additionally serotonergic and harder on dopamine, more euphoric at first and then depressive rebound. Too much stims give you an anxious, speedy high and then a crash. A good dose is slightly stimulating and wakefulness promoting and slowly subsides.

Methylphenidate will have more of a rush when insufflated because it's shorter acting but overall I prefer amphetamine, it has less cardiac load and robo-focus.

You have wiggle room with Amphetamines regarding your safety. You're not so much trying to avoid death from too much Amphetamine as you are having a bad time, akin to say, psychedelics. The right dose of speed can have you dancing the night away with your best girl or going into full-blown psychosis. I would definitely keep it under 100mg Amphetamine until you know actually what you're dealing with.

40mg-60mg should give you a proper taste. Use this as a benchmark for higher or lower doses on future occasions.