Recovering IV Pill Junkie... worried?

floating

Greenlighter
Hey bluelight. I've been extremely anxious lately about some past habits I've been recovering from. I've been addicted to opiates for the last two years and have just gotten on methadone. For the last month or two of my addiction, I was injecting morphine sulfate pills. I think I probably shot around 100 in total. I never put much thought into the risks of this until now. I wasn't aware these pills contained talc, and now I can't get out of my mind what kind of irreversible damage I may have caused to my pulmonary/circulatory system. I was never able to filter the solution very well either which adds to my fears. I'm also worried about a glob of fillers getting loose one day and giving me a stroke or heart attack.

I know there are thousands of people who shoot pills all the time and I haven't heard too many real life stories of severe consequences. I never plan on shooting a pill again; I greatly regret ever doing it. I'd just like to know if anyone thinks my worrying is justified and if I should see a doctor for an xray or something. What could a doctor do in my situation about this anyways (if anything)? I just really need some peace of mind.

I'd never really experienced any symptoms when I was still shooting them, except a few days before I'd decided I had to stop, I'd wake up and my chest would feel a little bit sore. It'd only last until I'd force myself to cough and I wouldn't notice anything for the rest of the day. As of now, I'm experiencing a bit of shortness of breath, but I've also been smoking a lot more out of stress.

Would really appreciate any thoughts on this matter.

By the way, I hope to soon be a regular member of this great forum; I've been reading BL for years and it's helped me out in a ton of situations. So thanks everyone.

What brand of morphine pills where you shooting? Ive been a IV drug user for about a year now and ive had bad habits on both IV dilaudid (the name brand 4mg pills) and morphine SR's (kadians, generic mscontins, esslons, a few times purdue brand IR's which are really awful) and i havent run into any really serious problems yet as a result. Ive injected alot more then 100 of them too sadly enough. No doubt ive put alot of crappy fillers in my veins over the past year or so and hopefully that won't come back to haunt me years down the road.

I doubt you have anything to worry about actually. How long has it been since you last IVed a pill by the way?

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask by the way.

Last edited:
I had a chest xray and from shooting a lot of ritalin and oxycontin i had a lump of talc or something. basically it destroys the alvioli (little air sacs at the end of bronchial tubes to exchange air into the bloodstream). THe body finds new pathways. I think i have pulmonary edema (?) -- not 100% sure. im ok, it just reduces my lung capacity.

the important thing when shooting pills is to not have it clot ur vessels bc u'd probably suffer something immediately.

I think u have nothing to worry about. Seriously, the fact that u are concerned and have changed ur behavior and attitude and ur chest has stopped hurting (I assume) means that u have learned ur lesson and are on a healthy path. i believe ur body can heal itself if u keep healthy practices.

His chest could have been hurting for a number of reasons. I know withdrawals sometimes give me panic attacks and make my heart feel fucked up. This is when i used to get chest pains. If he has only IVed about 100 of them thats not a whole lot really as ive known people including myself who have shot about 4 morphine pills everyday atleast. It's still very fucking bad for you though as there is alot of shit in those pills and it only takes 1 bad shot to fuck you up.

I had a chest xray done after i caught pneumonia the spring and it came back ok and this was just after the height of my IV pill use. So ive gotten lucky there for sure.

I had a chest xray and from shooting a lot of ritalin and oxycontin i had a lump of talc or something. basically it destroys the alvioli (little air sacs at the end of bronchial tubes to exchange air into the bloodstream). THe body finds new pathways. I think i have pulmonary edema (?) -- not 100% sure. im ok, it just reduces my lung capacity.

the important thing when shooting pills is to not have it clot ur vessels bc u'd probably suffer something immediately.

I think u have nothing to worry about. Seriously, the fact that u are concerned and have changed ur behavior and attitude and ur chest has stopped hurting (I assume) means that u have learned ur lesson and are on a healthy path. i believe ur body can heal itself if u keep healthy practices.

cuz, I really hope you don't have pulmonary edema... that's some very deadly stuff there...

thanks guys, exactly what i needed to hear. i'm glad that i'm enough of a hypochondriac to keep me from banging anymore.

the brand was pharmascience. a canadian company i'm assuming.

thanks guys, exactly what i needed to hear. i'm glad that i'm enough of a hypochondriac to keep me from banging anymore.

the brand was pharmascience. a canadian company i'm assuming.

Where they the pharmascience morphine SR's? The ones that are basically generic MScontins. If so yeah they are really bad to inject because MScontins and the generics are some of the most godawful pills you can possibly inject. So yeah just stop while your ahead and nothing bad has happened from injecting yet.

Out of everyone i know around here that injects MScontins i am the only one i know that has not gotten a abcess or any other complication as a result of it. Im trying to quit shooting up as well so hopefully i can quit while im ahead too.