Recommend an Album

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hi Bluelighters,

The idea of this thread is to recommend any album of any style (the idea is to expand to new musical genres) that is above average. I do not know if there's a similar thread, in that case: fuck me and delete this shit.

I'll start: "Z" from My Morning Jacket. A perfect record, I could even recommend the entire discography of these guys because it is how good they are. It is much more experimental than his previous albums, but without forgetting the greatness of his melodies. Also I love Jim James' voice. The album even has some reggaes and dub touches. 4.5 / 5

MMJ-1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Nicolas Jaar - Cenizas

Fairly ambient (as in intensity levels) electronic album with strong monastic vibe. Fairly dark and contemplative, with a blend of electroacoustic samples and synthesized tones.

Nicolas Jaar - Cenizas

Fairly ambient (as in intensity levels) electronic album with strong monastic vibe. Fairly dark and contemplative, with a blend of electroacoustic samples and synthesized tones.

Did you know that Nicolas Jaar also has Chilean nationality? I don't know how old he lived here, but it's cool that Chilean artists become more known. What do you think of Space Is Only Noise?

Did you know that Nicolas Jaar also has Chilean nationality? I don't know how old he lived here, but it's cool that Chilean artists become more known. What do you think of Space Is Only Noise?
Yeah, I vaguely know he is the son of a Chilean filmmaker.

I really enjoy Space is Only Noise. Honestly everything he puts out is like of high quality. Have you heard his side project Against All Logic? It is more dancefloor oriented. There are 2 albums, the earlier one is disco oriented and the later one is more abrasive and heavy. Both really good.

One thing I love about searching for new music is discovering new genres, especially as they relate to new cultures. Sure, the style may not be entirely new (what genre is?), but, what IS fresh is hearing familiar musical ideas through a foreign culture's lenses. And when the music matches the vibes, it's guaranteed to resonate with me. Lately I came across this album by PERMSKY KRAY titled Дорогой Человек. No I don't know how to pronounce it. No, I don't know exactly what neat little box to put the album in. The best I can say is . . . indie Russian 80s new-wave downtempo? Either way, I fuck with it heavy.

Here's the title track:

Yeah, I vaguely know he is the son of a Chilean filmmaker.

I really enjoy Space is Only Noise. Honestly everything he puts out is like of high quality. Have you heard his side project Against All Logic? It is more dancefloor oriented. There are 2 albums, the earlier one is disco oriented and the later one is more abrasive and heavy. Both really good.

Sincerely Nicolas Jaar I don't like him very much. I don't understand much of its experimental electronic genre? I heard Space Is Only Noise when it first came out and it received rave reviews. Maybe my expectations were too high. Maybe I should listen to it again. At this time my mind is much more open than ten years ago. I didn't know about their projects, but they sound really interesting (dancefloor is a personal favorite). Actually, the only song by Nicolas Jaar that I like is this:

Last edited:
Sincerely Nicolás Jaar I don't like him very much. I don't understand much of its experimental electronic genre? I heard Space Is Only Noise when it first came out and it received rave reviews. Maybe my expectations were too high. Maybe I should listen to it again. At this time my mind is much more open than ten years ago. I didn't know about their projects, but they sound really interesting (dancefloor is a personal favorite). Actually, the only song by Nicolas Jaar that I like is this:

It is really pensive music. I really enjoy that stuff, definately try it out with the expectation that it just fills a space.

Although he has a more dancefloor oriented project called against all logic that is pretty good.

I've been listening to the first one for the past hour. They have many more mixes on YouTube that are good too.

It is really pensive music. I really enjoy that stuff, definately try it out with the expectation that it just fills a space.

Although he has a more dancefloor oriented project called against all logic that is pretty good.

Yeah man I imagine listening to its music on a rainy day and smoking a Red Marlboro.

I will definitely listen to that project you are talking about, it sounds really interesting.

Yeah man I imagine listening to its music on a rainy day and smoking a Red Marlboro.

I will definitely listen to that project you are talking about, it sounds really interesting.
The first album 2012-2017 is disco-y, the second album, 2017-2019, is harder more industrial sounding (and more diverse).

For now from this year, hip-hop/alternative style:

Pink Siifu - GUMBO'!
Armand Hammer & The Alchemist - Haram
R.A.P. Ferreira - Bob's Son
Mac-Hommy - Pray For Haiti
PremRock - Load Bearing Crow's Feet
Paris Texas - BOY ANONYMOUS
ZelooperZ - Van Gogh's Left Hear
JPEGMAFIA - EP2!
Evidence - Unlearning Vol. 1
Akai Solo & Navy Blue - True Sky
Ruzto & Soul AM - Manglar