• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet [rapid, unintended weight loss and ketoacidosis/feeling ill as hell]

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Never tested positive for ketoacidosis [note: acidosis, NOT lipolysis] until 15 days ago but have off-and-on since then.
Feel like shit almost all the time. Like I ended up going to bed at 4pm yesterday and slept until 9pm tonight, with only occasional wakings to chug the water I keep next to my bed or to shit my guts out.
I've also gone from 122lbs to 111lbs on ~3000 calories a day in two weeks.

I did go to hospital 2 weeks ago but they seemed extremely unconcerned. I wasn't even given a doctor to see, the nurse just tested by vitals etc and said I was fine to go home.

I dunno what to do? Sick of feeling SO shitty.

That’s. Ten percent weight loss in two weeks, combined w keto-acidosis and gut issues, terrible feelings —- I’m concerned for you. What were you in hospital for last? Are there any other symptoms - fever etc.

Imo your clinicians are not having your best interests in mind, and about as good as the ones who refused to see my last 14 day impaction /illeus as an emergency.

You know you don’t feel right, 3k Cals a day w no movement and still shedding 10% is not right. Somewhere you aren’t absorbing things correctly. If it were me, I’d be firing docs and getting a second opinion. They work for you. Never forget that.

Last edited:
Never tested positive for ketoacidosis [note: acidosis, NOT lipolysis] until 15 days ago but have off-and-on since then.
Feel like shit almost all the time. Like I ended up going to bed at 4pm yesterday and slept until 9pm tonight, with only occasional wakings to chug the water I keep next to my bed or to shit my guts out.
I've also gone from 122lbs to 111lbs on ~3000 calories a day in two weeks.

I did go to hospital 2 weeks ago but they seemed extremely unconcerned. I wasn't even given a doctor to see, the nurse just tested by vitals etc and said I was fine to go home.

I dunno what to do? Sick of feeling SO shitty.
new onset diabetes?
were you using amphetamines or stims?

That’s. Ten percent weight loss in two weeks, combined w keto-acidosis and gut issues, terrible feelings —- I’m concerned for you. What were you in hospital for last? Are there any other symptoms - fever etc.

Imo your clinicians are not having your best interests in mind, and about as good as the ones who refused to see my last 14 day impaction /illeus as an emergency.

You know you don’t feel right, 3k Cals a day w no movement and still shedding 10% is not right. Somewhere you aren’t absorbing things correctly. If it were me, I’d be firing docs and getting a second opinion. They work for you. Never forget that.

Good points! Think I'm gonna see what my G.P has to say, rather than the hospital this time.

already have diabetes (from pancreatitis, not type 1 or 2). No drugs.
so that's the explanation, isn't it?
if you have some kind of inflammation then it's much easier to get into keto-acidosis, for example if you have some illness or even high levels of stress...
if you use insulin then maybe once the insulin could fail, for whatever reasons, I needed to throw into the rubbish can some "pens" and sometimes it fails for no reason. I stayed once without injecting the basal for a couple days (stupidly thinking that I really didn't need it ((pot smoker psychosis we could call it)) and then I went into keto-acidosis, it was a horrible experience...

If you don't use insulin maybe u need it now, just saying, I barely don't know about your case.