• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Rapid detox using suboxone

Jdrogers1215

Greenlighter
My wife and I are trying to get off pills using suboxone. We both currently take 100/200 hydrocodone 325/10 daily. We do a cold water seperation where we aren't ingesting so much acetaminophen in the mornings but pop pills throughout the day. I've got a Dr appointment on the 21st to get on suboxone. We can only afford for one of us to see the Dr so it's going to be me. We're not looking to take subs as a maintenance medication only to detox and help with opiate withdrawal. I'm looking for firsthand experience doing this in a 5-7 day period. Ideally looking for us to stay comfortable and maintain work but get through pill WD and not get hooked on subs. This addiction came on rapidly after a surgery in Nov of last year. We are both familiar with recovery support groups and attend AA for our DOC. We know what it takes to stay sober just trying to get through WD and move forward with life. Thanks in advance! Any dosing schedule will help tremendously

Welcome to BL! That is a truly incredibly hydrocodone habit you guys have! I have no idea how much buprenorphine would be necessary to make that comfortable. Well, I have an idea...

When I was coming off heroin I would basically take 8mg over the course the day each day for seven days and not experience much in the way of withdrawal. You may need more than that, but I suspect you could get away with each off you taking only 8mg/day.

Because of the size of your habit I'd strongly suggest using them for around 10-14 days, lowering the dose after the first week considerably. Also look into getting gabapentin, clonidine, is possible a benzo like diazepam or clonazepam, and some kind of sleeping med. Those will really help you make it through a week of withdrawal more comfortably (particularly the gabapentin and clonidine).

Today is your lucky day cause im an expert in this category lol...ive been clean for a couple of weeks now ..im a habitual relapser but anyways ive used suboxone to detox over 10 times and ive used it for long term maintenance..heres how it should go. And trust me i used to slam up to about a gram of very good Tar and snorted Roxi 30s for about 2 years ..i feel no pain after this taper..good luck

Day 1 = 8 Mg Sub
Day 2 = 8 Mg sub
Day 3 = 6 Mg sub
Day 4 = 6 Mg Sub
Day 5 = 4 Mg Sub
Day 6 = 4 Mg sub
Day 7 = 2 Mg Sub

Do a 12 day taper on subs. Wouldn't recommend anything longer, hydrocodone detox was a stroll in comparison to detox from long-term sub use..

Omg what in gods name ? 500-1000 mgs of hydrocodone ??!?!? Lucky!!!
My favorite opiate just too expensive to maintain I have to use sleepy tar to stop withdrawals.

Fuck me man are you sure you didn't mean 10-20 of them a day ? Shit 500 mgs hydrocodone can't even imagine that, isn't there a histhamine release at that level that would cause problems ? Either way I'm in a similar boat I gotta quit I got 20-24 mgs saved ,
2 of my strips are expired in 2014 and one is in a pill form I was wondering if it would work still?
I'll stay posted here , if I were you just try to get your mind right first

No matter how gentle you make your taper using Bupe, your still going to feel uncomfortable. withdrawls period. So don't expect this to be a cure all. It will actually as a crutch