Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Racemic Ketamine / 120MG - First real dose - Utter Distaste, Lesson Learnt

Firth

Bluelighter
JUST SAY NEIGH TO KETAMINE

PDF much easier on the eyes: http://www6.zippyshare.com/d/18388920/48179/MyFirstK-Hole-UtterDistaste.pdf

My First K-Hole - Utter Distaste, Lesson Learnt

Intro

A few weeks ago I tried ketamine. I had gotten in from work, got changed and showered and then relaxed in my room listening to music. Later on this night I would be trying Ketamine. I had used a small amount earlier that day in order to test the waters, it wasn’t enough for full blown effects, but gave me an idea of what to expect when I had a larger dose, everything was slow, I processed thoughts slowly, I was experiencing some mild analgesia and slight sense of nausea. It was pleasant in a way, but in no way could it prepare me for what I was going to experience later on.

I had heard about ketamine a while back, I never had an interest in trying it, though. One night, me and my two cousins were sat in my cousins’ back garden smoking a few joints, and were discussing various drugs. We brought up ketamine and one of my cousins, says “It’s proper scatty - you feel so weird on ket, everything slows down”, my other cousin who studied animal care at college responded with “I’ve worked with that stuff in college - It’s used as a horse and animal sedative you know, I reckon you need to be careful with it - it’s powerful stuff, I wouldn’t use it myself, I could get hold of it from college if I really wanted to, though”, anyway, that was it, I never asked him to get me any, I wasn’t at all interested at the time.

Around 8 months on I was speaking to a work colleague about drugs, he enjoys going out to clubs, and I asked what he likes to use on nights out, “MDMA and ketamine” he tells me, I asked if he mixes them, “Yes! I like mixing them, they seem to go well together. Ketamine makes everything very slow, like bullet time from the Max Payne games”, I said I wouldn’t mind trying it, the conversation regarding ketamine ended there. Later that day, I went home, and went about procuring 1 gram of racemic-ketamine. After doing some research, I found that r-ketamine is not as powerful as s-ketamine, but the effects tend to last longer. [1]

"[Ketamine Subthread] Isomers: R and S Ketamine Bluelight." 2013. 30 Jun. 2014

<http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/447697KetamineSubthreadIsomersRandSKetamine>

Into The K-Hole

Using a set of very accurate milligram scales, I measured out a dose of 0.120g, I weigh 125lbs, I tipped the crystals onto a flat, smooth surface, and crushed it down to a fine powder. Using a razorblade, I separated the powder into four lines of similar size. I insufflated 2 lines, one into each nostril. What I have found with ketamine is that you do not feel the effects at first, the take a few (probably around five) minutes to come on, and then they slowly build up for 5-10 minutes, until you are properly feeling them. After around 5 minutes, I insufflated the two remaining lines of powder, put on my headphones, and waited. I prepared another line in case I wanted more but wouldn’t be able to prepare it because I was too inebriated, this would prove to be a waste, as I ended up discarding it on the floor due to how disgusting I felt after these four lines.

I don’t know how much time had passed, but I was very, very out of it. I wouldn’t say it was unpleasant at this point really, but I was extremely dissociated. I didn’t have a clue what was going on. I was experiencing the full ‘tunnel vision’ and everything I could see was extremely blurry. I couldn’t pay too much attention to the music I was listening to as I was so out of it.

As I said, I had no sense of time, I somehow ended up putting on Gravity in 3D, I’m not sure sure how I managed to work the TV remote while under such heavy intoxication, and I put on my 3D glasses. The lights in the room were already off, I decided to get into bed and relax watching a film. This just didn’t happen. From then on, everything went tits up.

I stood up, it felt as if my body was lagging behind by a few seconds, it felt very, very strange, it was like alcohol intoxication in a way, but much much worse. My perception of distance was completely gone. I quickly got into bed, it seemed as if my bed was miles away, again, my body lagged behind and I flopped down onto the mattress, I got my legs under the covers and reached out for the duvet to pull it over me, my perception of distance at this point was even worse, it seemed like I had to extend my arm a hell of a lot in order to pull the duvet over me.

I sat looking at the screen on my television saying to myself “I don’t like this. Not one bit. Why did I take so much? This is fucking disgusting, I feel sick, Ketamine just isn’t fun or pleasant at all”. I couldn’t make any sense of the film at all, I didn’t have a clue what was going on, I couldn’t make sense of the voices or the picture one bit. I sat pinching my arms and legs, I couldn’t feel a thing at all, my body was completely numb, ketamine is clearly an extremely powerful anaesthetic, even when used on humans. I took a pen-knife from my bedside table and lightly pressed it into my fingers, (please do not try this, especially when intoxicated, it is clearly very dangerous and you may seriously hurt yourself, it was very stupid and irresponsible of me), and again, I could not feel it. I have never experience such strong analgesia, except when under the influence of local anaesthetic, but back them, I was completely anaesthetized in a hospital environment.

I laid down and closed my eyes, from this point on I don’t remember a thing, no thoughts, no feeling. Occasionally I would roll around and notice that I was experience extreme nausea, like no other, when I did manage to collect any thoughts, all they consisted of were; “oh god, please don’t throw up and choke on your vomit. That would be terrible”.

Probably around an hour to an hour and a half passed and then I seemed to come back to reality slightly, but I still felt terrible, I sat up on the edge of my bed with my head in my hands asking why I don’t this to myself. I told myself that I would never be doing a huge dose of ketamine again. I still felt extreme nausea, and everything was still lagging behind. I went on the computer and tried listening to music. I just couldn’t do it, music was horrifying, I just wasn’t enjoying myself one bit. I couldn’t make sense of anything on my computer screen, so I just switched it off. I sat, still, waiting for the effects to end, they just seemed to go on forever and ever.

I ended up getting back into bed, still feeling terrible, I was confused and couldn’t sleep, I wanted to go to sleep, but my body and mind just wouldn’t let me. I have woke up feeling this kind of confusion before and normally just get a drink of water then go back to bed after collecting my thoughts, but I just couldn’t this time. This confusion is hard to describe. It was horrible. I don’t remember anything else, eventually I just fell asleep.

Hangover/Next Day

I woke up the next day feeling very cloudy and a little sick. I had an underlying headache. I went downstairs and got a drink. I didn’t remember much from the night before, just that it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I seemed to feel back to normal at around mid-day. Never again will I try this amount of ketamine. It was truly horrible, and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. I have some ketamine left, and I will use it in small doses as and when I feel like. I may even give it to my work colleague. When it is gone, I will never be purchasing it again. Ever. What a waste of money.

Last edited:
Ketamine is also used on humans - often children and elderly actually - in clinical settings, I don't know what argument it is supposed to make that it also has veterinary use. It is not insanely potent and dangerous like say fentanyl is, you don't have to be scared of getting anaesthesia meant for a horse, that requires a pretty serious amount of it.

Also, you do know that R-ketamine does not stand for racemic ketamine, right?

Reading this report and looking at the dose, you were not really anaesthesized but dissociated (not feeling pain would be analgesia yes). Yes it is a very effective dissociative drug indeed :) And trying to keep participating in activities or expecting to understand where you are and manage what you are doing, none of that is recommended.
Yes some people can feel a little sick / nauseous, I kind of forgot what that was like for me, but maybe you took a little much and would have to get used to it. Or not of course, just not everybody gets what is so nice about being dissociated so it is just not for everyone. If you do ever take it again - and it doesn't sound like it, don't move around so much... a 'party' dose is considerably lower unless you have tolerance.
The confusion can be profound if you are unfamiliar with dissociatives, I have seen people getting unpleasantly surprised with that before. But personally I always found it pretty fascinating and if you know how to use it better (by learning to do that) IMO there is nothing like it.

But yeah I acknowledge you felt horrible, sorry you did.

I guess I may go for small doses occasionally, I find them fun to dance around to, or I may try mixing a moderate dose with a psychedelic drug, as it seems the effects may go well together in some settings, but I am certain that I won't be taking such a large dose again - It just wasn't for me, I didn't enjoy it in the slightest.

To enjoy ketamine I find the right dose is key, and then lay in your bed with the lights off and some really chill music blasting in your earphones and you will get taken to another planet. Make sure the music is chill, and your mind will follow it and you will be able to travel with your eyes closed and float around the city or wherever you can imagine and you'll feel warm and euphoric. That was my experience with ketamine, but I was had just snorted a line of meth which probably made it more euphoric.