Quitting opiates for my 12th time......wish me luck

theotherside

Ex-Bluelighter
I have been on opiates(30mg of hydrocodone and 30mg morphine IR), plus all the other opiates I add on and justify every month. I know some people laugh in the face of hydrocodone, but it has been over 5 years since I have been prescribed them and I am on day 2.....and at work :( I showed up at my doc's office like normal thursday morning and she was closed down..no warning or anything. I live in Texas and Rick Perry is doing some leg work for his next campaign.

Although I need the opiates for a legitimate reason(car accident) I have made the decision to get off. I have soft gel loperamides, tylenol, dxm and plenty of 5 hour energy shots to make it through the next few days of work. Much love bluelight--------as I'm writing this my stomach feels like it its burning from the inside out :(

Is that all you're on? Not trying to minimize your wds but more am trying to motivate you in the fact that those amounts shouldn't cause you unbearable pain. Plus you should be over the wds fairly quickly.

I think the 30mg hydro will be way worse than the 30mg morphine. I mean 100mg of codiene feels stronger to me than 30mg of morphine. Those hydros all though people say they are the same strength wise are not. And I think most of your wds will be from them with a smaller percent from the morphine.

So why did you decide to stop? Is it creating problems in your life? In your wellbeing?

I'm more curious about the opiates you didn't list, because 60mg of weaker opiates a day shouldn't really cause a whole lot of problems. I would think after a month you wouldn't even know you were on them.
Definitely be liberal with the loperamide, you should be able to quell a nice majority of wds if you use enough. If you were coming off a 300mg oxy habit that would be different, so take advantage of the lope whenever you can.
I'd try dosing like 25-30mg ever other day. I found it still works the following day and if I redose at that point I get far too constipated/headaches and all.

Wish you luck!! I'm 8 days off opiates and I can tell you freedom alone is not something a single person in this world can put a price on. Its truely invaluable what it does for your well being.

^^^Thanks that actually is the exact response I want....no big deal. Trust me it took me year to get down to the dosages I'm talking about. My pain doc closed down...... :( How much loperamide should I take every 3 hours or so???

Wow this thread was quite some time ago. I didn't even remember it cause that was the same day that paws kicked in for me. Made it 7 days that on day 8 it came full force. Made it to day 23 and went back to using.
I'm very curious how he's doing myself, I didn't even notice his response till now lol. Make me feel kinda bad for not answering it.

If you're still around otherside give us an update. I went back to using but its all a process, so don't feel bad w/e the outcome wound up being. Theres no room for shame or guilt with opiate addiction as its a proven medical illness. You need to treat it very unpersonally like you would diabetes or highblood pressure. Its not a moral failing in the least you just gotta battle those brain changes for sometime untill you get somewhere back to "normal".

Wow this thread was quite some time ago. I didn't even remember it cause that was the same day that paws kicked in for me. Made it 7 days that on day 8 it came full force. Made it to day 23 and went back to using.

If you're still around Otherside give us an update. I went back to using but its all a process.

It is such a slow painful process. It tears you down mentally and physically. Not to mention your body's water works continually running, even coming out of your butt LOL. Hang in there buddy. If you would like to, I would like to hear updates on how your doing, like if you decide to quit again. I could be a support system over the internet :)

I am new to posting in Bluelight, so I'm also looking for some friends.