• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Quitting MJ today .

Mickfoley

Greenlighter
I am a 30 year old man and have been smoking up every day for about 4 years. I just went out of town for 8 days to work and didn't smoke at all. Aside from the occasional nightmare and the occasional sleeping troubles (I'm not even a great sleeper when high) it was completely fine I even had way more energy and motivation. I did take an otc sleeping medication every night because I was paranoid about sleeping.

I have been usually smoking shatter usually about 2 grams a week. I thought I would have a lot more trouble than I did as I've felt pretty anxious sometimes when not having it available. Tonight I came home and since I had some laying around (I know this was a mistake) and smoked it. Since I've felt I've had a lot more energy and motivation the past week I took out a black garbage bag and smashed my bongs, threw out all my lighters and torches etc.

Any advice on staying motivated? I wish I hadn't smoked today. Part of me feels like I've had the opportunity to experience life as a stoner, it's time for me to move onto the next chapter. I'm tired of spending all the money on it although I have really enjoyed it, spending $400 a month on weed is beginning to seem irrational to me. I'm also tired of having to make sketchy deals to buy in other countries just because I get too paranoid about having it to go without. Example: Mexico , buying from sketchy people in the states when on vacation there.

I also should mention that I've kicked fentanyl before after having a 6 month addiction that nearly destroyed my life after repeatedly being offered it from a co-worker for free as "oxycodone" that stuff is a killer, most addictive euphoric thing I've ever felt. But tolerance builds like crazy and withdrawals are crippling and set in unbelievably fast. After kicking that I feel like I could do anything but weed was also the crutch that got me out of that.

Anyways any advice for any vitamins and supplements would be appreciated. I also appreciate ideas on how to stay motivated as I tend to convince myself that marijuana isn't a big deal after a while

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to find motivation to be a very personal thing. But there are definitely some common things that I've noticed which keep me and others from feeling motivated. They include:

• Stress
  • Anger
  • Hatred
  • Resentment
  • Bitterness
  • Abandonment
  • Betrayal
  • Frustration
  • Fear
  • Shame
  • Guilt
  • Loss
  • Anxiety
  • Helplessness
  • Confusion
  • Depression
  • Sorrow
  • Sadness
  • Loneliness
  • Rejection
  • Alienation

Any of these difficult emotions keep one from feeling passionate or genuinely motivated. It can seem like they can be directed or projected outwards, towards another person, task or challenging thing, but in truth this is a reflect of their internal manifestation. E.G. when I am feeling anxious about what is going to happen at my interview for grad school, it isn't my anxiety vis a vis grad school that is holding me back, but my anxiety about who I am myself.

Which of these difficult emotions resonates most with you? Choose three that epitomize what you are currently grappling with right now in the present course of your life. They will be related to difficult emotions you struggles with earlier during young adulthood, but they are not necessarily one in the same. Remember, there are no right answers. Just choose the three that jump out at you first and reply without thinking about it too much :)

Best of luck; I probably use the same amount of shatter, if not more. I have no plans to quit.

Let us know what it's like for you. <3