• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quitting Adderall.

Limited

Greenlighter
Been about 7 months clean. Quit taking in around May. Was abusing it pretty badly as a student, taking up to 150 to 180 mg IR within 10 hours. Was also abusing a benzo. Quit both simultaneously cold turkey. Had a little withdrawals, but easy for me to will power through. Can elaborate if anyone wants, but won't do so unless requested, as would take LONG time to write about how to do.

Been trying to up my productivity gradually. It killed my productivity to stop adderall, and I failed classes in college too. But I figured my grades weren't worth my health. So, yeah, quest to get to 4.0 GPA consistently without stimulants.

Becoming productive without it, developing discipline again, etc. Right now, I think the problem is more mental than physiological. I don't know how long it takes brain chemistry to adjust to losing adderall, I know the mechanism (my degree is science) that the body builds up a tolerance to adderall, but the reverse I'm not sure of, or if 100% recovery can even occur.

Benzos caused memory issues. Not sure if that can be resolved 100% either. Was taking for years every single day, abusing every so often, but not that often. Most was 90 to 120 mg a night, but that was extreme.

I've been through both adderall and benzo withdrawal. Adderall withdrawal after long period of use sucks, nothing like benzo or opiate withdrawal but any withdrawal sucks. I feel lifeless, irritable, depressed and can't stay awake. I ended up getting back on adderall and klonopin. I honestly feel my quality of life is better with them. If you don't mind elaborating I'm kind of curious

How are things going OP?

We don't have many people detailing their struggles with stimulant use here, it is mostly issues with opioid and gabaergic (benzodiazerpines, alcohol, etc) substances.

It would be awesome to see someone detailing their experiences attempting to get off stims! You'd be doing a greater service than you know to our community as well as those more generally.