• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Quit Diazepam in January - still can't concetrate!

Eryximachus

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,

I started taking Diazepam in August of 2015, and really began to focus on quitting in August of 2016. I was only taking 10mg per day at the most, and got that down to 2.5mg EOD by January. It's been a struggle since that time to quit the drugs, in no small part because of my job. Once the new year hit, I realized I had to get off the stuff. Three weeks go by, and work gets difficult again. So late February, I order some Etizolam off the internet. I realize this was not a good idea, but the withdrawal was seriously affecting my ability to work. April 1st came around, and I decided to quit once again. Things were not going well at work, and I found out today that they wanted me to leave. I made a couple stupid mistakes the past few months since the withdrawal hit in full force. So, I'm not surprised.

The good news is that I have a job lined up, but it will require a move. This is fine. I'm in New York City, and the stress here is so great I wonder if I could ever quit using these drugs elsewhere.

Here is the issue. I have to do well at this new job. Do I just resound myself to being an addict? Go to a new psychiatrist and try to get back on the pills? Are there ANY other drugs that help with concentration and cognitive issues? I read about Remeron, but I don't like the idea of eating all the time. Then there is gabapentin, which it sounds like is hard to get. Is there something else I am missing? Should I consider something like Prozac? I'm open to anything

These drugs are not easy to find good information on. You either have Benzobuddies, which is filled with seemingly crazy people who undergo withdrawal for years and clearly have other mental issues. Or, you have sites like this that are more general, but include serious abusers too. One thing I have found funny about Benzobuddies is it would seem most forum members are women, and have someone to look after them while they deal with this. I tried posting over there, and half the responses were like "Take off 6 months". Yeah, that's not an option for me.

Thank you dear Bluelighters! Success stories are encouraged as I feel like there is no hope!

I would try and quit, taper down and keep just a few that you can take for emergencies like a super stressful situation coming up or and interview etc. But eventually you'll have to quit and the better the sooner. I was taking xanax for about 2 months and the withdrawals almost killed me, and that was just two months. But I got through it and so will you. I still get rebound anxiety every now and again because of it but I would never take them again for a prolonged period. I could not go through those withdrawals again. Toughest thing I've ever had to do.

Oh also, vallium has a longer half-life so the withdrawals will last longer than xanax but be less acute, so it may feel like it won't go away but it does