• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Quick question about Oxycodone

GarlicKnottz

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, I am a little new to this forum. Sorry if im posting this in the wrong section. Before my question, here's a little background information; I only take oxy like once every 1 or 2 weeks, with some few month breaks from time to time. Now for me to get high off of them now it takes about 60mg. So my question is should I snort them instead to save some money and get more use of what I get here and there. I usually am able to get 30s. Usually a white pill with a M on the front and a 30 on the back and the other common one I get is blue with a A I think also with a 30 on it. I have only tried to snort them once (I think it was like 15mg), and I didn't really feel anything at least not quick enough so I just eat more after like 10 minutes, but I did not have the clearest nose that day. So what do you guys think, If when eating/chewing them takes 60mg to get my high, how much should I snort to get the same desired effects? Thank you in advance for anyone who like to give me some insight on this. I'm not knowledgeable about this stuff, I just know to eat em and I feel good haha.

Your body absorbs more oxy orally then nasally. People think nasal is better as it works quicker. Try it regular dose snorted, you should be fine

This^

Each drug is different in terms of what method of ingestion is the most efficient.

You can find the numbers for each drug by googling "oxycodone bioavailability" or the name of the drug you are curious about.

It's good to know, that way you know your getting the most you can out of your stash

To answer the question, more oxy absorbs through the oral route.

Snorting pills isn't a very good practice either.

Eating oxycodone on an empty stomach (e.g. wait about 2hrs after a meal) is even more effective than snorting, believe it or not. Almost as rapidly absorbed.

Oxycodone is unique in that it has a higher oral BA than basically any other way, effectively it's almost 100%.

It's up to you if you want to try it or not, but if you're trying to save money then you probably shouldn't. Personally I think it's way more addicting when you snort oxy because the whole pill hits you all at once and you get a nice rush, but it doesn't last as long. You will need to sniff another pill in about 4-6 hours. Personally my addiction really began when I started sniffing. Let me just say this, no one swallows oxy and wakes up one day and says "I think I'm going to IV heroin daily now." It's all baby steps. I know your thinking "oh that won't happen to me". Well put it this way, I was in your EXACT same position 4 years ago

I pop them under my tongue for a few minutes then swallow the remainder with white grapefruit juice and some hydroxyzine/diphenhydramine. Dunno if sublingual use helps but for me it appears they hit faster and harder.

when you snort oxy because the whole pill hits you all at once and you get a nice rush

Lol,a rush from snorting? Oxycodone barely has a rush when shot into the vein, unless you do at least a 400 mg shot then it has somewhat of a Dilaudid type rush.

Your post sounds like you have moved on to IV use, you must be aware that once you start injecting heroin,morphine,Dilaudid and fentanyl, Oxycodone becomes almost useless in doses under 160 mgs in my opinion.

Early in my IV career as a teen I was very dopesick one day,I was injecting about a gram of morphine sulfate a day (I was cut off high dose methadone, my family doc temporarily gave me 6 200 mg MS Contin daily until I could find another methadone program)
All I could find were low priced 40 mg Oxycontins.I prepped only one at first and shot it and literally got next to zero relief...I ended up getting a good hit using a 3cc rig to prep 6 of said pills.this ended up feeling like a decent lil dilly shot. That was the day I realized how overrated Oxy is.

Last edited:
Lol,a rush from snorting? Oxycodone barely has a rush when shot into the vein, unless you do at least a 400 mg shot

Yeah what is up with that? Ive shot 90mg when sick, and not even felt the small wave of relief that comes from a .05 shot of tar.

Oxy is garbage once you've graduated farther up the opiod ladder.

Also guys remember that snorting a pill is NOT the same as snorting the drug in a purer form. Pills have alot of mass that isn't the actual drug, things such as talc that are bad for the lungs/nasal passage. When you snort a pill, all that extra mass has to dissolve without the aid of stomach acid, so even when you think you've peaked or that your "rush" is fully developed, there is more than likely still pill matter in your sinuses that has yet to absorb.

One should only snort a pill thats active drugs nasal bioavailability is higher than its oral.

Come on people this is day 1 stuff, utse!

Just joking btw :)

Last edited:
Agree. Oxy is pretty crappy compared to IV heroin. But honestly... Opioids are only worth it if you don't get addicted. Once you get addicted its just hell...

But yeah...snorting oxy is a waste IMHO. There shouldn't be a rush really... I mean.. I do enjoy snorting the IR formulas from time to time but honestly eating them is a better bet. More bang for your buck.

Before I started my iv use, I LOVED snorting dilaudid! I could trade weed for the 8mg malinkrodt(sp?) Pills and weed was always in abundance back then. I would snort those things until I puked and puked. Ah the good old days.

lol @ the people who say snorting is a waste.

people, we are talking to someone who DOES NOT HAVE A HABIT; whether he snorts, or eats orally, he will get the feeling. snorting will have the pill hit much quicker than eating orally. also, w/ snorting comes this "rush" sensation which is all mental but people still think they get that rush. back in my pill days I would sniff around 8-10 30's a day.

I've been IV'ing for a long ass time now; it's only dope at this point.. 30's would be pointless.

lol @ the people who say snorting is a waste.

people, we are talking to someone who DOES NOT HAVE A HABIT; whether he snorts, or eats orally, he will get the feeling. snorting will have the pill hit much quicker than eating orally. also, w/ snorting comes this "rush" sensation which is all mental but people still think they get that rush. back in my pill days I would sniff around 8-10 30's a day.

I've been IV'ing for a long ass time now; it's only dope at this point.. 30's would be pointless.

The BA of insufflated oxycodone though is lower.. you will get a small rush.. (I always did when I snorted the 20mg IR) but honestly I'd rather have the longer high.

forget about the BA when sniffed; let's talk real here, peeps! he's asking if he should sniff the full pill and what would be the outcome. well, there is a reason a majority of those of us who "abuse" the drug SNIFF the drug.. yes, it hits you quicker. you getting what you THINK is a sensation/rush of energy or whatever you want to call it. so yes, being that he is completely NEW to this game, sniffing will be just as good as eating.

longer high from eating!? yes. but lets not act like we are talking hours upon hours here. also, the "high" we speak of is nothing special when eating rather than sniffing.

so, to someone who is somewhat NEW to this game, yes, just sniff the FULL PILL and you will feel it.

forget about the BA when sniffed; let's talk real here, peeps! he's asking if he should sniff the full pill and what would be the outcome. well, there is a reason a majority of those of us who "abuse" the drug SNIFF the drug.. yes, it hits you quicker. you getting what you THINK is a sensation/rush of energy or whatever you want to call it. so yes, being that he is completely NEW to this game, sniffing will be just as good as eating.

longer high from eating!? yes. but lets not act like we are talking hours upon hours here. also, the "high" we speak of is nothing special when eating rather than sniffing.

so, to someone who is somewhat NEW to this game, yes, just sniff the FULL PILL and you will feel it.

Can't say I disagree. You're right on point. I still prefer sublingual. I get a mild rush and it seems to last a lot longer for me. But you're right.. for a newbie insufflated is probably the best bet.

Damn it. I never knew this, I've always snorted oxycodone. I was taught that snorting it, will just make it hit you faster and harder, but won't last as long, thanks for sharing that. Now I know

Damn it. I never knew this, I've always snorted oxycodone. I was taught that snorting it, will just make it hit you faster and harder, but won't last as long, thanks for sharing that. Now I know
lol, keep snoring it, brotha. esp. if you are doing it daily. hell, even if you are not doing it daily, you are better off snorting. dont always listen to what you read on message boards; or what the nitty gritty actually is. yes, the feeling will last LONGER but you will have a better/faster feeling when snorted.