Question Regarding Hormone Levels While on Methadone

5meoh

Bluelighter
I figure you guys would know more about this,

So as you know Methadone lowers Testosterone, they keep offering me shots but I've heard that if you use them for too long that your body becomes dependant.

Is this true?

I've gone from 230 (not fat) to 165 in the past 2 years, pretty depressing if you ask me.

Methadone lowers testosterone production. So does exogenous testosterone.

When people say your body becomes dependant on the shots, they mean that your body will stop producing test on its own so you'll need them to maintain normal levels. But your body has already stopped producing test and your levels are below normal.

I recommend you do get the shots.

I figure you guys would know more about this,

So as you know Methadone lowers Testosterone, they keep offering me shots but I've heard that if you use them for too long that your body becomes dependant.

Is this true?

I've gone from 230 (not fat) to 165 in the past 2 years, pretty depressing if you ask me.

Stop doing methadone and other opiates that cause you to have lower Testosterone?

I understand that, but 2 years of methadone maintenance? I'm just saying you can't have your cake and eat it to.
Guido is still on mmt and has/had no plans of coming off anytime soon. Personally I'd go on trt if on mmt.

I understand that, but 2 years of methadone maintenance? I'm just saying you can't have your cake and eat it to.

Was going to say about Guido though aero beat me to it.
Get on trt mate, and if the doctors don't prescribe you, go get your own. Don't let them give you the cream or gel make sure you get the injections, the cream has low absorption rates and is very is inconsistant in dosing.

Methadone has only been shown to decrease level of testosterone at any significant level when taken at over 40 mgpd. There is significant low associated with its withdrawal at many levels including those below 40 mgpd if i remember correctly. Also please consider adding a vitamine D supplement if you are not already taking one and have your level checked periodically. I think weightlifting is a fine addition to MMT, but as been kinda expressed, it may have negative effects so something like a competition level may never be possible, but who knows.