• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

question on Hydrocodone

Dodger Guy LA

Bluelighter
I have been taking Norco 5/300 off and on for 8 months. I usually take between 20-30(max) mg a day for a few days and then take a few days break, sometimes a week break. I'm down to my last four 5mg pills and think for best I use something else for my pain. I do have addictive behavior to add to this and I'm an x drinker( I don't drink). I take more than recommend on my dose but I don't exceed my daily dose I split it into one or two does (15mg usually , if I take 20mg it's over a few hours) that are higher in MG's. I have had breaks recently in between taking the pain pills but it's creeping t be a few days on and a few off. My Q is will I have bad withdrawals/withdrawls or am I over thinking it. I tend to think tooooo much as I have anaxiety.

Last edited:
Overthinking. Its neither a lot or frequent. May want a bit but that should be easy to overcome.

Still not really that much. I hate saying you cannot experience WD as I dont know your history but seems unlikely. Very mild at worst.

So approx 25-30 mg a dose several times a week for eight months isn't high dosing and I might avoid bad withdrawls...... I pray!

How bad have your withdrawals been before? Expect much of the same, although if they were really nasty previously when you might have had a bigger habit, they probably won't be as bad. But they will essentially be the same thing, just slightly less acute.

IMHO like 75% of most people's withdrawal issues are psychological and behavioral in origin, so if you can get your head in the right place for kicking, you'll be most successful and much better able to deal with the physiological symptoms of acute withdrawal.

You nailed it! I do more mental damage I think than physical damage. I am paranoid of getting too deep into the opioids, i.e. Norcos. My dose isn't very high and hasn't been in the past ( because I'm scared). However my psychological thoughts take over and I can make something outta nothing. I know that I need to not take them. One day at a time.....

Not high dosing at all, in fact that's approximately what I used to do (oxycodone, 25-35mg for a few days on then off). No physical withdrawals here, just a lot of cravings, which I still get to this day. Best of luck.

Gotcha DG. You will experience the same intensity of withdrawal as the last time you kicked in this case, as it seems like the most painful part of the kick will be the psychological component in your case.

Get some loperamide for the runs, take it until it settles your GI system when you're kicking, or until you reach 60mg. I don't recommend going over 20mg, but you know how it goes. In your case you probably would only need 10-40mg of loperamide to stop your gut from getting all messed up during the kick. Start low and work your way up until it works (remember it can take up to 45 minutes for it to have any effect on your withdrawal symptoms).