PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancedancedancex

Greenlighter
I've never tried shrooms, but its on my to do list. my favorite drug of choice is rolls, but thats a bit irrelevant. this may be a stupid question, and im sorry if it is, but will someone explain how you feel when you take shrooms??

this is a very broad question
I suggest checking erowid, you seem to have no knowledge on psychedelic mushrooms, and I wouldnt advise doing them until you are a bit educated.

Know what you're taking, not just what it "does to you".

Thats really hard to explain, like I said, go read up on them. We have a Big and Dandy mushrooms thread here for all your questions. Id advise you to skim through that as well. It is accessable through the PD directory at the top of the forum.

Word of the wise: You should NEVER do a drug without properly researching it first. Be a responsible user, or dont use at all.

the mindfuck aspect of it is important...at least in my case it changes your moods quickly, going from depressed to happy. Other people can creep you out, especially people you are not familiar with.

the most important things i'd say to keep your trip a good one: be with people you are comfortable with, in a comfortable safe setting, with BUD, and more bud..not swag please lol.

i agree with HFROSE.......... first couple times should not be in a populated area. Do go outside though if possible during the day if you are near woods or a park......no driving......and people who arent doing them (even if friends) that are around you bring you down a little bit. also usually with me if i become depressed about something it ruins the whole thing. my best experience was eating a bunch and taking a nap. slept through the awkward beginnings and when i woke up it was full peak.....i thought i was dreaming until i remembered what i did 10 minutes after i woke up (but those 10 minutes felt like 10 hours). I love it................

aha.. um

you see stuff
you laugh at stuff
you think stuff
and then you forget you are tripping.
don't look directly at the sun..%)

You won't ever understand what tripping is like let alone what an individual drug is like till you try it. You just need to dive in. Mushrooms are physically safe, and with the right set and setting you have nothing to be worried about. Read a few trip reports and understand the dynamics of the drug and you'll be good.

what does it feel like? yeah i really don't know anything about them.

uhhh what do you mean? Feel like how? As far somatic bodily effects or as far as emotionally/psychologically. I geuss the bodily effects are a little more predictable. As far as how your mind feels I can't say because i'm me. It is all based on you, your personality, past experiences and soooooo many other factors. The experience will be uniquely you though.

Best way I could describe it is it puts you in a dreamlike state with visual distortions

If you eat enough... you should feel like you are losing it for a while. i usually get a high increase in anxiety during the beginning of the trip... and coming up. It was never too much too handle. It mostly happened when i was younger and first started using mushrooms. After dozens of times of use the anxiety thing isn't really a big deal... it just means they are kicking in. As the anxiety grows, you get a weird feeling... almost of detachment from the objects and the world that surrounds you. Finally when everything has reached its most intense level, it all vanishes and you are left with an awesome and amazing euphoria. The detachment changes to appreciative sense of all things. On mushrooms, I usually see everything as in the most perfect placement. This gives me tremendous amounts of joy. I look at the simplest things, and i take part in the simplest of actions, and I am ecstatic about all of it.

Other people bug and argue with themselves for hours. i have a friend who does that, and he doesn't want to eat mushrooms with me for that reason. i keep telling him there will be no need to argue with himself if he is with me. we'll go to the woods and stack rocks or throw them. We'll dance. We'll climb trees. Simple things that are lots of fun. Hell... running through the woods on a good dose of mushrooms is one of the best things ever. Laughing just to laugh is amazing on mushrooms.

You only battle yourself if you want to. Think of why you want to use mushrooms. Don't take them in your room just to see what happens. Go outside eat a bunch of them and watch the world get real beautiful.... unless of course you want to battle yourself. Then do it... I've done it before. Mushrooms can get pretty nasty if you use them in this way.

I always felt as though it was a choice... but most people don't think so. People either have a bunch of awesome experiences and a couple weird ones, or they have a few weird ones and then they keep themselves in that mindset every time they eat mushrooms. Every time i eat them I say here we go, here comes the next best day of my life.

This turned into a weird post... but basically if you wanna feel good on mushrooms... then feel good. If you wanna battle yourself and arouse a whole bunch of weird feelings... then go for it... Both will turn out to be interesting experiences I am sure. mushrooms can be the most pleasurable thing ever... or they can be hell... You decide.

A wealth of information:

in our own Big & Dandy mushroom thread
And just google 'psilocybe mushroom FAQ' for basic questions.

One FAQ can be found here.

Happy info hunting, please find your own way though...

If you have trouble with that here in bluelights PD:

Here's a guideline for initiates:
  • please read the rules, you will benefit yourself from proper conduct,
  • use the search engine (this is in the rules) first to check if the subject of your question or remark has not already been covered or devoted a thread to,
  • use the Psychedelic Index to find your way around, major topics are covered there and they include subthreads for more in-depth focus on specific subjects. The Psychedelic Index can be found at the top of the main Psychedelic Drugs page with a big link. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.