• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Question for IV users

Eligiu

Moderator: TDS; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
What are the necessary conditions/only acceptable reasons or scenario for you to agree to show/teach another person how to use drugs intravenously? As in, what is your line?

For me, I have two questions I ask use contextual information I've gathered to judge their answers and if they fail either I refuse to do it.

1. Are you going to do this anyway if I don't help regardless/are you going to continue to fucking wreck your arms and veins if I don't step in to teach you?

If no, I refuse to be that person who makes it possible. If yes we proceed to question 2.

2. Do you understand, acknowledge and accept that once you are able to regularly successfully use on your own in this way, your drug consumption will increase exponentially, you will use more, compulsively redose, your tolerance will go up, and your life will be similarly be affected and you will have to somehow figure out how to compensate for that? It may well ruin your life completely, and you need to be prepared. Do you accept that you are not a special exception to this rule? Very very few are.

If no, I tell them I won't until they learn to respect the consequences of the choice they're making. If yes, I will do it.

The only other people I'll teach are people who already do it, but who just fucking suck at it and I have to step in to improve their technique as they're doing damage.

I refuse to inject anyone unless they are already an IV user.

I won't do anyone's first shot.

I won't source equipment for anyone who just wants to try, although I'll tell them where to go.

I will tell people who cannot learn that they need to stop trying.

Interest in hearing from others. I do believe that there are some instances where it is proper harm reduction to step in with IV use.

Yep pretty much this. Are they gonna do it whatever, and will they take responsibility for any associated risks ; not just that it's an easier fast - track to a big habit but also importantly the greater risk of OD, bacterial infections and other possible health implications.

Under those circumstances I actually would do someone's first shot if they straight - up asked me. I mean yeah ultimately if you're gonna do it you need to have the guts to do it TO YOURSELF, but it's easier for a lot of people to have somebody else stick them the first few times, if only by way of demonstration of how to do it right.

If somebody was an established IV user but just had a shit technique I'd show them too, because the less damage the better and nobody wants to wreck their lines if they can help it. I'll also point out better hygiene practice where achievable.

I've also helped out on occasion if somebody was badly in withdrawal and too shaky to properly place the shot, either by doing it for them or guiding their hand. I mean before they put more holes in themselves than a fucking colander....

Yep pretty much this. Are they gonna do it whatever, and will they take responsibility for any associated risks ; not just that it's an easier fast - track to a big habit but also importantly the greater risk of OD, bacterial infections and other possible health implications.

Under those circumstances I actually would do someone's first shot if they straight - up asked me. I mean yeah ultimately if you're gonna do it you need to have the guts to do it TO YOURSELF, but it's easier for a lot of people to have somebody else stick them the first few times, if only by way of demonstration of how to do it right.

If somebody was an established IV user but just had a shit technique I'd show them too, because the less damage the better and nobody wants to wreck their lines if they can help it. I'll also point out better hygiene practice where achievable.

I've also helped out on occasion if somebody was badly in withdrawal and too shaky to properly place the shot, either by doing it for them or guiding their hand. I mean before they put more holes in themselves than a fucking colander....

I mean, I won't do anyone's first shot if they aren't deadset on doing it, like if they just 'want to try and see what it's like'

When I made the step to IV use I had never used meth or heroin ever. I'd used endone, OxyContin, and speed, but not those drugs. But I had literally just run away from my childhood home and my first or second stop after dumping my belongings where I was staying was the city centre to sell my gold bar i got for my birthday 4 months prior, buy the most addictive drugs I could find, and head to the closest exchange. I arranged to meet a woman who I'd sourced pills off a few times over the past couple months and she randomly asked me if I could spare a bed for her. I saw an in, and said I could as I was house-sitting and there was no shortage, but in return she had to shoot me up. Either she did it, or I'd figure it out myself.

She... Very enthusiastically agreed. Very enthusiastically. We are still friends and she correctly states that I was just going to do it regardless, but there is a part of me that really wishes I at least got a warning about how addictive it is because she skimmed over the negatives and went straight into doing it for me. I don't know if I would have reconsidered, but I do wish I at least got the chance to make a more informed choice as I was only 21.

1. Are you going to do this anyway if I don't help regardless/are you going to continue to fucking wreck your arms and veins if I don't step in to teach you?

If no, I refuse to be that person who makes it possible. If yes we proceed to question 2.
Has anyone actually answered question 1 with a “no”? Doesn’t seem like anyone would ask this of someone and then answer no to that question, but maybe I’m wrong about this assumption.

2. Do you understand, acknowledge and accept that once you are able to regularly successfully use on your own in this way, your drug consumption will increase exponentially, you will use more, compulsively redose, your tolerance will go up, and your life will be similarly be affected and you will have to somehow figure out how to compensate for that? It may well ruin your life completely, and you need to be prepared. Do you accept that you are not a special exception to this rule? Very very few are.
I like how you make it seem these are official Terms of Service, lol. Seriously, that’s kinda cool and funny, but in all seriousness, does it ever worry you that perhaps thsi second, rather long and compound question(s) may be in fact planting this idea in others who would’ve otherwise been able to avoid said pitfalls had they just been warned instead of predicted to fail with “very, very few” chances of escaping this fate? IV administration does not guarantee drug use increase nor wanton self-destruction.

Just a reminder: correlation does not imply or prove causation.

At any rate, I recognize the moral dilemmas inherent to what you’re saying and I also submit that introducing a new drug to people carries a somewhat similar sense of responsibility for the individuals taught. However, I honestly think that teaching proper RoA is more harm reductive than anything else. Whether someone is going to do it or not is beyond the point. The information and its spread is what counts, I think.

I mean, I won't do anyone's first shot if they aren't deadset on doing it, like if they just 'want to try and see what it's like'

When I made the step to IV use I had never used meth or heroin ever. I'd used endone, OxyContin, and speed, but not those drugs. But I had literally just run away from my childhood home and my first or second stop after dumping my belongings where I was staying was the city centre to sell my gold bar i got for my birthday 4 months prior, buy the most addictive drugs I could find, and head to the closest exchange. I arranged to meet a woman who I'd sourced pills off a few times over the past couple months and she randomly asked me if I could spare a bed for her. I saw an in, and said I could as I was house-sitting and there was no shortage, but in return she had to shoot me up. Either she did it, or I'd figure it out myself.

She... Very enthusiastically agreed. Very enthusiastically. We are still friends and she correctly states that I was just going to do it regardless, but there is a part of me that really wishes I at least got a warning about how addictive it is because she skimmed over the negatives and went straight into doing it for me. I don't know if I would have reconsidered, but I do wish I at least got the chance to make a more informed choice as I was only 21.
Pfff, weird. Took me 2 or 3 tries to master my technique. I learned by myself( I've always shot up pure pharmaceutical morphine) so I was never scared of getting abcesses or bad gear, or oding. Also the quality was consistent, I've done it around 3k times and it's always felt as good as the first few times. Pure dope is awesome.

I go to playgrounds and look for bored 5&6 year-olds and say to them:
"Hey kids wanna try something fun?"
I draw the line at 4 year-olds. I'm not a monster.

Pfff, weird. Took me 2 or 3 tries to master my technique. I learned by myself( I've always shot up pure pharmaceutical morphine) so I was never scared of getting abcesses or bad gear, or oding. Also the quality was consistent, I've done it around 3k times and it's always felt as good as the first few times. Pure dope is awesome.

What's weird about it? It's actually really normal to ask someone to teach you how to shoot up, it's smarter than fucking around doing it yourself, like all the people who ask me to teach them when they see me hit a shot in 5 seconds with shaking hands on my first try. They all do shit like not use alcohol swabs, not filter their gear (as in street grade meth), and reuse needles, plus continue to inject when they are obviously missing.

Am I missing something here? I'd actually wager that you're in the more unusual category of teaching yourself. I was going to, but I decided to do it the safer way and have someone literally demonstrate how to do it on me until I figured it out. I saved myself a lot of issues doing it like that and learning the correct subtle aspects to it plus safe injection practice and harm reduction instead of being one of those guys who just sticks a pin in their arm and goes fishing until they hit a vein or miss a shot.

I mean, we can both sit here and compare metaphorical dick sizes as to how many times we've shot up, but I actually haven't counted how many times over 7 years it's been. It's not exactly something I keep track of or want to brag about to be honest. It just is what it is and I don't think I'm better than another person because I've shot up drugs more times lol. I'd actually prefer to quit.

I have not and would not turn anybody on.
It took me a second to realize what you were saying here, lol. Taken out of context that statement could have a sexual connotation. I thought, Geez somebody doesn’t have much confidence in their attractive appeal to others; I’m sure there’s someone out there who you could turn on … 😂 As an aside: I’ve always liked the way your username has one character too many for just one line in the username placeholder, and it spills over defiantly. Iconoclastic in a way 🙂

What are the necessary conditions/only acceptable reasons or scenario for you to agree to show/teach another person how to use drugs intravenously? As in, what is your line?

For me, I have two questions I ask use contextual information I've gathered to judge their answers and if they fail either I refuse to do it.

If no, I tell them I won't until they learn to respect the consequences of the choice they're making. If yes, I will do it.

The only other people I'll teach are people who already do it, but who just fucking suck at it and I have to step in to improve their technique as they're doing damage.

I refuse to inject anyone unless they are already an IV user.

I won't do anyone's first shot.

I won't source equipment for anyone who just wants to try, although I'll tell them where to go.

I will tell people who cannot learn that they need to stop trying.

Interest in hearing from others. I do believe that there are some instances where it is proper harm reduction to step in with IV use.

I’ve always had a strong rule within myself to never EVER show anyone how to shoot up & not to introduce anyone to heroin no matter what. My (very close) best friend Elle (who was pretty much my girlfriend) & I used to get high together. We got close & started living together when we were about 20. She had already been addicted to opiates since 18 when we met & so bad I. I remember when I started shooting up, she asked me to do it for her. I was a natural when it comes to shooting up, believe it or not & she really wanted to try it. I absolutely refused. I wouldn’t even show her how to do it herself. I wouldn’t allow her to do it, period. Flash forward to December 2021, Elle overdosed alone on fent laced heroin & lost her life at 29. She had texted me just days before saying “Please save me from this nightmare” & never responded to my multiple calls. I’ll always wonder if I had shown her how to shoot up properly & safely years prior, if that would’ve had any impact at all on her dying so young.

I’ve always had a strong rule within myself to never EVER show anyone how to shoot up & not to introduce anyone to heroin no matter what. My (very close) best friend Elle (who was pretty much my girlfriend) & I used to get high together. We got close & started living together when we were about 20. She had already been addicted to opiates since 18 when we met & so bad I. I remember when I started shooting up, she asked me to do it for her. I was a natural when it comes to shooting up, believe it or not & she really wanted to try it. I absolutely refused. I wouldn’t even show her how to do it herself. I wouldn’t allow her to do it, period. Flash forward to December 2021, Elle overdosed alone on fent laced heroin & lost her life at 29. She had texted me just days before saying “Please save me from this nightmare” & never responded to my multiple calls. I’ll always wonder if I had shown her how to shoot up properly & safely years prior, if that would’ve had any impact at all on her dying so young.
No, u can't blame urself for that at all, it wasn't the lack of knowing how to shoot it but the substance itself that killed her so it woulda made absolutely no difference whatsoever. Sorry for ur loss, I lost my best friend to a heroin overdose too