• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Question about smoking methamphetamine- has never gotten me high

percozakk

Bluelighter
I have been injecting crystal meth for over a year, although my use has been on and off. I have an extensive history with drug use having been an IV opiate addict for at least 2 years prior to my introduction to meth.
It is very strange, but I have never been able to get high from smoking meth. Alot of people say its because I inject it, but it was even before that. Up until I injected meth for the first time I had used it maybe 5 or 6 times. Every time except once I used crystal meth, the other time it was shake and bake. Now on all of these occasions I had smoked it either on tin foil or in a spinner. Not once did I ever experience anything that resembled a high. While my friends would be at least fairly high I wouldn't feel anything.
Because of this I lost interest in methamphetamine and didn't care to use it for at least 6 months prior to me injecting it.
Well up to this point I have ingested meth a number of ways. I have smoked it on a number of occassions with no results. I have taken it orally, which did work okay, much more subtle but lengthy high. I have snorted it, which is probably my next route of choice beside injecting. Snorting it gives me somewhat of a rush and for the most part gets me high. Then of course I've injected it, the rush being damn near heavenly it has been my choice way of administering the drug.
There was one occasion where I achieved any effects from smoking. Me and 3 others smoked probably about .3-.5 of some shake and bake dope. By the end of it I was noticeably stimulated but what really got me was when I smoked a joint after. I was incredibly more high than I should have been off the weed. I was stoned but with an amplified speedy effect. It was odd, considering since then I have smoked very clean shards without effect.
Can anyone explain to me why I am unable to get high from smoking meth? Is it possible that perhaps my lungs just aren't capable of processing methamphetamine for some reason? Has anyone else experienced this? Any info would be great

Smoking meth never works right, unless you can truly vaporize large hits properly. In other words, with the glass most tweakers have, NOT worth it.

IMO don't use meth ESPECIALLY "shake and bake". Would you use poorly synthesized "krokodil" shit? I didn't think so. How about bathtub liquor that has methanol? Also, didn't think so.

Must be the quality of the meth, given that you seem to be using the stuff they make in soda bottles, chances are its pretty bad.

^^^ ditto. either that or your doing it wrong. always works great for me. even with my little glass dick.

I'd guess its a combination of multiple things. First off if you wanna smoke it then Get a bowl. Second off your meth prob isn't of the best quality (as everyone else said), and finally also as you said because u used to use iv. Now your body is used to such high doses directly into the blood stream, but you shoild still be able to get high

I'd guess its a combination of multiple things. First off if you wanna smoke it then Get a bowl. Second off your meth prob isn't of the best quality (as everyone else said), and finally also as you said because u used to use iv. Now your body is used to such high doses directly into the blood stream, but you shoild still be able to get high

Word.

My guess is combination of:

1) Poor choice of smoking implement.
2) low quality meth
3) tolerance / expectation

If you IV, you wouldn't go back to smoking. Less intensity and duration. Rectal even oral is much better.

1)Have you tried the rectal ROA?
2) my $0.02, I have experienced the same rush I got from IVing methamphetamine by using the rectal ROA, it is 99% BioAvailable which is like = to IVing,
a] it is way smoother, both the experience, and comedown vs smoking and/or shooting, and
b] it takes skill to properly vaporize shard. I don't like this ROA because I find it to be too fiendish and it wears off way too fast and it's just my least favorite way of taking methamphetamine.

To correctly and efficiently vaporizing crystal, it really does take the skill of an ice veteran as most people don't know how to properly heat, cool, and execute the process of vaporizing it in a glass tweak pipe without making a common error for many: applying too much heat / not knowing when or how or where to apply the heat, what your heat source, either fuel, BTU, how fast it heats (AND HOW FAST THE PIPE SHOULD COOL AND RECRYSTALIZATION TIME) it all depends on a lot of things that can lead to amateurs applying too much heat! (Using a bic lighter? candle? butane torch? propane torch? MAPP gas / welding torch? Oxyacetylene torch?, electric stove heating element? etc)

The risk:reward ratio for me with rectal and oral ROA's for meth vs the IV ROA was way on the risk side and the rewards were less desirable IMO compared to my preferred oral and rectal ROA's, both of which are safer and pose less risk that's associated with intravenous drug administration (IDA) it's extremely dangerous and especially with crystal, even if you acetone wash your shit you don't know what's in the final product unless you made it yourself or sent a sample of a homogenized batch to a lab for GC/MS testing of purity.

There could be either remnants from production although this is rare, but there also could be the more common issue with the adulterants dealers use to bulk up their product and thus their profits, commonly using MSM.

But if it's not the quality of your shard, I bet it's your application of heat, you're probably heating too much, not hitting the right spots on the bowl, and overheating and burning your meth and thus destroying it just because of the appearance of a larger cloud. If I were forced to smoke methamphetamine, I'd go with the welding torch (everyone who smokes crystal probably has their own preference of heat source, some like my choice are more difficult because it's so easy to overheat and destroy your product if you don't know what your doing, but I've gotten the best results on the lowest possible setting of my welding torch in a ventilated area of course, and use a high quality pyrex thick borosillicate glass pipe and have a slightly dampened napkin nearby for cooling the pizzo after use.

I would give up on the inhaled ROA it's just not worth it for meth IMO..... $0.02...

Just to add, smoking is the most wasteful yet extremely fiendish. Yeah it's not as satisfying to wait untill oral doses kick in, but they are far more smooth and euphoric feeling.

Just to add, smoking is the most wasteful yet extremely fiendish. Yeah it's not as satisfying to wait untill oral doses kick in, but they are far more smooth and euphoric feeling.

This ^

Oral + Rectal is my preference of ROA combination, the oral gives it long lasting legs and and the rectal kick starts everything instantly so there's no wait. But I only enjoy taking low doses (usually between 5mg and 30mg), like pharmaceutically low doses I don't abuse crystal or any street drug anymore, It's been a long time, the shame old game doesn't change tho. Doing a line of shard here is like doing easily 100+ milligrams of methamphetamine right off the bat. Shit's fucking dangerous and soul destroying and everything happens and goes, so fucking fast, it's horrible, avoid it if you can.

I totally agree with you when you say smoking is bad for fiending, but I never get euphoria from meth, any drug actually, only twice have I ever felt euphoric after drug use, once was a very pure big line of coke, and the other was methylone which was crazily euphoric. I am wondering if being bi-polar interferes with my ability to feel euphoria, as the only other times I have felt euphoria is when I am in the hypomanic cycle of my disorder escalating into full mania, and am usually massively disinhibited and hypersexual, all symptoms associated with meth intoxication, but I never get when I smoke it, I get focus, alertness and energy and get all the rest of the effects just not euphoria,disinhibition and hypersexuality. It would be interesting to hear from a bluelighter with a psych degree and and interest in pharmacology, if they feel they may be able to shed a little light on my missing effects from meth.

I totally agree with you when you say smoking is bad for fiending, but I never get euphoria from meth, any drug actually, only twice have I ever felt euphoric after drug use, once was a very pure big line of coke, and the other was methylone which was crazily euphoric. I am wondering if being bi-polar interferes with my ability to feel euphoria, as the only other times I have felt euphoria is when I am in the hypomanic cycle of my disorder escalating into full mania, and am usually massively disinhibited and hypersexual, all symptoms associated with meth intoxication, but I never get when I smoke it, I get focus, alertness and energy and get all the rest of the effects just not euphoria,disinhibition and hypersexuality. It would be interesting to hear from a bluelighter with a psych degree and and interest in pharmacology, if they feel they may be able to shed a little light on my missing effects from meth.

It could be possible you are ADHD or your bipolar is interfering somehow, I don't have a degree that is just what I could logically assume.

EDIT: You could also just have a high tolerance naturally and you are getting shit stuff.

Last edited:
How observant of you...you prob have an incredible tolerance to certain substances right??...if u shoot ice its pretty far along

I'm not trying to sound rude or anything but whoever says that smoking shit doesn't get them high must not know how to properly take a hit. The classic glass tweak pipe is waaayy different than any other pipe such as crack or weed pipes. There's a technique to it and it takes practice. Most importantly, you have to use the right amount of heat and hold the flame about an inch below the bowl or you will burn the shit, which means it will taste nasty as hell, you won't get very high or feel any rush, and worst of all the entire bowl will be ruined or even evaporate into nothing. You have to twist the glass dick side to side every time you melt down the shards and whenever you're taking a hit. After you melt the shards into a puddle, let it crack back aka recrystallize/dry up before hitting it. Then when you're ready to take your hit, hold the flame an inch or so below the bowl like I mentioned before, start twirling the pipa while the shit is melting, and don't start inhaling until the entire bowl fills with smoke and all of the shit is completely melted into a puddle. Blow a little tiny bit of smoke out first, then start slowly inhaling lightly at first while you continue to twirl the pipe. You want the bowl to look evenly thick and smokey and keep inhaling faster and harder as you feel your lungs filling up with smoke. Then remove the lighter/flame from the bowl and suck in as much smoke as possible until your lungs feel completely full and you can't take it any more. Finally and best part of all, slowly exhale and watch the big ass thick cloud blow out of your mouth while you enjoy that nice big heart pounding rush of pleasure and happiness tingle through your whole body=-)

One more thing I wanted to mention is that I've been smoking shards for a long ass time (almost 7 years) just about everyday and even though my tolerance is hella high, I still get high as fuck and the intense rush always hits me, unless of course the shit is bunk.

Last edited:
The process is--well, it's simple:
Step I: Grab some meth
Step II: Procure the pipe
Step III: Take the pipe, put the meth inside.
Step IV: Obtain a flame source (lighter, torch, match, candle—any regular flame will do, nothing special or fancy or technical or newfangled necessitated).
Step V: Put the flame in contact with the pipe, positioning said flame directly or almost directly under the meth inside the pipe.
Step VI: Making sure to keep the flame steadily under the meth, bring the mouthpiece of the pipe to your lips and, without removing the flame, begin to inhale the vaporous billows which should rapidly begin to form as the flame heats the meth.
Step VII: Continue to inhale said billows of vapor until sufficiently satisfied and sated.
Step VIII: Congratulate yourself on the successful completion of an activity so simple I didn't really need to explain it at all!

But in all sincerity, man—you take a pipe, you get the drugs, you put the drugs inside the pipe, you light that motherfucker, and then all you gotta do is breathe in an breathe out.

We're talking vaporizing meth here, not building a goddamned nuclear reactor out of everyday household appliances. And I don't mean to sound rude, contemptuous, and offensive but I am.