(answered) question about image resizing

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
I was just editing a post that had an image in it, and noticed when i image the text underneath it shorter, the image that used to fit just fine automatically resized a little smaller and could be clicked to open full size. i changed the text back, and it was fine again. weird. and do pics that can be clicked always have the dotted line surrounding them?

that also made me wonder, if a pic does not resize for me, could it still resize for other people? because people have a different size or resolution or whatever computer monitor? or if i have a pic that is small enough to not need resizing in my browser, is it good for everyone?

thanks

edit:
hmm, never mind the text part of the question. now it is resizing no matter how i have the text.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh, I've never been clear on how much of the image resizing is vBulletin and how much is Firefox. Someday I may read up and have some answers or I may play around a bit in Testing Grounds to figure some of that out. Firefox resizes any image which has a resolution that is going to exceed the screen size, I think vBulletin resizes any image which has a resolution that would exceed the frame your post is in.

I have had edit pages look a certain way than not the same way later also. I blame gremlins.

You can turn off image resizing in firefox pretty easily in about:config (type it into your address bar). The preference is called "browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing" and obviously you want false. Then you can figure out what exactly vB is up to ;)

the BL software automatically shrinks the *display* of larger images to a width of 700 pixels. however, it doesn't shrink the height or the downloaded file size.

any image that's been shrunk can be clicked on to show it at full size. that is vbulletin behaviour, but Firefox (and maybe IE too?) will then go on to make it 'fit to screen', so in that case another click will show it at full size.

A free app /w ads (not so bad) I use is Gallery (PlayStore)but got the pro version because of the ads. Risize, delete exif data, filter, crop... etc etc etc and it works for me as long as I can remember. Got on all devices. Same.
Not a plug just experience. 2.99 for lifetime of account ascd with.
<3

Peace

Last edited: