• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Question about HIV

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
I don't use needles after people for shooting. Had a couple scares in the past for HIV and was lucky and never did it again.

I also don't shoot dope anymore because we pretty much only do fentalogues and stinky pinky these days so I don't even shoot that anyway, however I do squirt the liquid up my nose and my rigs were all malfunctioning so I got one from a using "buddy" to do that with if I needed to. I used it to squirt and I accidentally poked the skin of my hand with the needle tip, It wasn't a stab or deep or anything, no bleeding, probably less than a millimeter, just a quick poke. But I'm kinda worried. I know he has Hep C, he says he doesn't have HIV, I don't think he does, but still.

Theoretically, if the needle WAS infected with HIV, would it be possible I could have contracted it by what happened? It's too late for antiretrovirals now. I'm just worried.

The virus cannot live outside of the human body (on needles etc) after 24 hours. You said it was just a surface poke and didn't penetrate the skin, so in all likelihood, if your friend WAS infected, he'd had to have very recently used that needle.. and a minor surface scrape wouldn't transmit it. HIV is actually not as easily transmissible as most are lead to believe. Even through direct sexual intercourse etc..
You should just get yourself tested for peace of mind nonetheless.

Hep C is transmitted by blood to nasal passages, it is the one to be concerned about. You need now to wait and then get tested.
You know this already but don't share any equipment with anybody ever.

Hep C is transmitted by blood to nasal passages, it is the one to be concerned about. You need now to wait and then get tested.
You know this already but don't share any equipment with anybody ever.
I've read now that HIV can be transmitted the same way.. God that was dumb. Is it a realistic chance it could have transmitted if the needle was infected?

No one here can give you an absolute answer. The chances are there and you need to get tested for Hep C as well as HIV. Just go and ask for full bloods including all of the STDs..

Take the HCV but you can't have. Even those who shoot don't have shit, not all of them. HIV it's subjective and can happen from what you never thought, a simple thing. This being said, no. You can relax.

I got Hep C years ago by drawing up from the same spoon as someone who was doing their second shot with same needle. The amount of bood involved must have been microscopic. In the described situation I would say Hep C is the risk - especially as the other person definitely has it.

My Hep C spontaneously cleared in time (thank god) but these days treatment is cheap and easy so don’t worry too much about it.