Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Psychedelics and Aphantasia

MissTerra

Greenlighter
Hello internet,

I've been experimenting with psychedelics for quite some time now.
I have aphantasia (blind mind's eye). I don't hallucinate nor do I have closed eye visuals on psychedelics.
I'm using psychedelics as a form of neurofeedback to address things like this.

However, I've recently made some progress on how to overcome my aphantasia.
It ties into my capacity to feel emotions and recall memories, which I've also had difficulty with.
I'm still working hard to figure this out.

Can anyone suggest the best place to write up my experiences? I feel like I've got some valuable insight that I'd like to share.
I want to get feedback from other members of the community as well, because I'd love to get references to studies or articles highlighting the concepts I've been exploring.

I guess I'd love to throw theories about life & shit and have studies and research articles thrown back at me.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello internet,

I have aphantasia (blind mind's eye). I don't hallucinate nor do I have closed eye visuals on psychedelics.

It ties into my capacity to feel emotions and recall memories, which I've also had difficulty with.

Can anyone suggest the best place to write up my experiences? I feel like I've got some valuable insight that I'd like to share.
I want to get feedback from other members of the community as well, because I'd love to get references to studies or articles highlighting the concepts I've been exploring.

I guess I'd love to throw theories about life & shit and have studies and research articles thrown back at me.

Thanks
Welcome MissTerra! Very interesting!!

I've created a new thread for you to share your insights with our community in Bluelight's Psychedelic Medicine subforum here:
Looking forward to hearing much more from you regarding aphantasia - studies, articles, reference materials, your experiences etc - going forward!

mr peabody

Last edited:
Welcome to Bluelight @MissTerra :)

mr peabody has been working hard in the psychedelic medicine forum, so be sure to check out his link.

If you have any other questions just ask.

Peace!

Last edited:
Welcome! The article mr peabody posted has already gotten some conversation in my local over-30 autism group. (We've been talking about different kinds of thinking/thinkers, and aphantasia is associated with a nonvisual type.)

Hello internet,

I'm using psychedelics as a form of neurofeedback to address things like this.

Thanks
I wonder if I'm the original poster, from an old profile.
Idk, my memory is wack.

Uh, so I took 5 tabs of acid, a gram of mushrooms, a bunch of weed, some caffeine, and some DMT today all about the same time...
I'm proud to say I, I still have no visuals after all these years of brain muckery.
xD

But my spine feels greaatt rn.

I wonder if I'm the original poster, from an old profile.
Idk, my memory is wack.

Uh, so I took 5 tabs of acid, a gram of mushrooms, a bunch of weed, some caffeine, and some DMT today all about the same time...
I'm proud to say I, I still have no visuals after all these years of brain muckery.
xD

But my spine feels greaatt rn.
Have you checked out PD’s social thread and DPMC? They would be good places to talk about that. Sounds awful, I love the visual and sensory aspects of psychedelics.

Have you tried microdosing over a longer period of time instead of macrodosing?

It’s a shot in the dark, but could maybe work.

I presume that you’re not on antipsychotics, SSRIs, or anything that would be inhibiting the effects of psychedelics.

@terrainfinity I’m gonna move this over to our Psychedelic Drugs forum so that you can maybe get some better suggestions in there.

Wild. I also have aphantasia, but I decidedly get CEVs from psychedelics. I also at times get hypnogogic imagery (flashes of nonsensical closed eye imagery just before I fall asleep, usually when very tired.) After years of regular psychedelic use, I've started getting small fragments of mental imagery where none had been since very early childhood.

Speaking of memory, my autobiographical memory is also trash