Psychedelic drug survey

Not sure I understand the last post but thanks anyway

I was annoyed that there wasn't an option for me to say "I don't ever drink alcohol so I can't say anything about it"

Also, it's not a good survey for those with limited experience with drugs. If someone's only tried one thing, how are they supposed to answer the questions that asked which of the following psychedelics best [blank], you know? The info from those questions are bound to be skewed by those who have only tried a few of those substances on the list.

done, also the question about a dreamlike state is funny lol. I mean dmt is what causes you to dream correct?

Done. I hope these surveys help to add hallucinogens (namely LSD) to the list of acceptable psychiatric medicines.

Last edited:
done, also the question about a dreamlike state is funny lol. I mean dmt is what causes you to dream correct?

Nope, DMT isn't what causes you to dream.

Congrats to BristolRob on the publication. Although - for next time - Bluelight is bluelight.ru not bluelight.org ;) But seriously, thanks for doing this kind of work.

User perceptions of the benefits and harms of hallucinogenic drug use: A web-based questionnaire study
Carhart-Harris, R. L.; Nutt, D. J.
Journal of Substance Use, Volume 15, Number 4, August 2010 , pp. 283-300

Abstract:
This study used a web-based questionnaire to investigate user perceptions of the benefits and harms of hallucinogenic drug use. Over 600 forms were submitted. Users were asked to comment on the acute and prolonged effects of different drugs and to provide more specific information on how particular drugs have harmed and/or helped them. Subjects reported relatively less harm associated with the classic hallucinogens, LSD and psilocybin, than other drugs specifically focused on in the questionnaire (MDMA, cannabis, ketamine and alcohol). A wide-range of benefits was reported, including: help with mood disorders, addictions and migraine as well as more general long-term improvements in wellbeing. Symptoms of hallucinogen persisting perceptual disorder were reported by a number of subjects and these were most closely associated with use of LSD; however, few users regarded these effects as troubling. Eighty-one per cent of users reported having had a `spiritual experience' on a hallucinogenic drug and over 90% considered `access to the unconscious mind' to be a specific property of the classic hallucinogens. With caution, these findings support recent calls for a systematic investigation of the therapeutic potential of the classic hallucinogens and highlight the scope for empirical investigations of spiritual and psychodynamic phenomena.

Mods - this thread appears to be something we'd like to have archived at Drug Studies. Feel free to send it over to us. If you'd rather keep it, I'd like to arrange a link to it from DS or something similar.

I also have the pdf if anyone is interested - PM me.

It seems I am unable to participate in this survey.

You are a couple of years too late. This study has been completed and published; you can read the results in the post a few above yours :)

Check out some of the other studies in this forum with the prefix 'Recruiting' for studies you may be able to contribute to now.