View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic drug effects on pre existing brain states

MattMVS7

Greenlighter
I am back and this is actually a new question I have. I am first going to explain something about dreams/nightmares and then ask my question regarding psychedelic drugs as well as near death experiences. The dream states you have reflect the mental state you are in your waking life. What I mean by this is that if you are in a normal healthy state of mind, then your dreams will tend to be normal healthy experiences. They will tend to be stable experiences. This would even apply to any nightmares you would have. If you are in the most joyful and happy state of your waking life, then you will tend to have dreams that are far more powerful joyful/beautiful experiences than what you've experienced in your waking life. These dreams will be completely different than the normal stable ones you've experienced that were induced by a normal, healthy, stable state of mind which only offered you somewhat of a joyful/beautiful experience.

Lastly, if you are in the most horrible state of your waking life such as being traumatized or in the most miserable/depressed waking state, then the experiences you will have in your nightmares will tend to be far worse than the normal, healthy, stable state induced nightmares. What I would like to ask here is, does this also apply to psychedelic drug trips and ndes (near death experiences)? In other words, if I am in a normal, healthy, stable state of mind and I either have a near death experience or take a psychedelic drug and that trip is a horrible one, then will that horrible trip not be that bad at all in comparison to if I had a horrible trip when I was in a traumatized or miserable/depressed (hopeless) state of mind before I had the nde/drug induced trip? Or is it still somehow possible to have the absolute worst trip that is just as bad as one induced by taking a drug or having an nde in the most miserable/hopeless state of your waking life?

If that is somehow still possible, then is that extremely unlikely? Or could it be very likely? The reason I ask this question is because I have been through the most horrible, miserable, traumatized state of my waking life, but I have now fully recovered back into a normal healthy state of mind. This makes me think that if I were to now take a psychedelic drug or have an nde, then any horrible trip I might have won't be anywhere near as bad as one I would experience during my traumatized/miserable state. Sure, I could still experience the most blissful trip during my traumatized state, but I would still run the risk of having the most horrible experience if it were a horrible trip. But now that I've fully recovered, then would I still have to worry about such horrible trips? If I do have a horrible trip now and these trips can't be anywhere near as bad as ones I would experience during my traumatized/miserable state or the experiences I have had in my nightmares during my traumatized/miserable state, then I have no reason to worry and I would feel free to have an nde or a psychedelic drug trip anytime.

Last edited: