Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Psilocybin Mushrooms (7.5g) - Experienced

anonymous_mouse

Bluelighter
(Not my first time doing mushrooms, but my first time on more than an eighth)

The other night I took the spiritual journey I'd planned for a week. My friend M, an experienced sitter, came over to A's house, and we made some mushroom tea. It contained 7.5 grams, or two and a half eighths. I should have gone into such a state as to forget my own existence, but that didn't happen at all. Apparently I am so entrenched in reality that nothing can tear me away.

Five minutes after I drank the tea, I had to lay down. M and A came in and talked to me. Five minutes after that, I felt myself receding. I told them that "I think I'm getting to the point where I can't talk anymore." I put on my headphones, and closed my eyes. First, I saw a myriad of moving rainbow fractal art, with pictures of spirits that I can't even describe. As the music became darker and darker, I saw darkness enclose over the images, and then light, and then light and darkness mixing together. I felt fascination, but then the fear crept in. My body was vibrating with energy, and I felt heavy and tired.

M checked on me, and then A checked on me. Each time I said "I'm okay!", but I wasn't sure if that was true. After a while, I crept into the bathroom to pee. M and A were talking in the kitchen. I tiptoed back into the room and lay down, and did not put the headphones back on. The music did not seem right for this moment. The universe became more and more chaotic. I crawled under the blanket, shivering, and my thoughts became faster and faster. When I opened my eyes, I saw that the door had disappeared, and the room was sealed off, and I wasn't sure if I was alive or if I was simply a ghost that thought it had a body. But I couldn't even speak to call to A and M. For the second time, I had to pee, and then I discovered the door actually existed. And when I came out of the bathroom, I heard one of my friends say hi to me. It was the most immense relief...

After a while, both M and A opened the door. M knelt next to me, and asked me what I was thinking.
"I feel like the whole universe is unbalanced. It seems like all possibilities can happen right now."
"Things are getting a little weird, aren't they?" said M.
"Yes..." I said. "I... I think I want to smoke a cigarette."
M said he would roll one for me, and I could come out when I was ready. A few minutes later, I did. I tried to zip up my coat, but my hands wouldn't work. A zipped it up for me. Everything looked very beautiful and the colors were bright and just amazing! We went outside. M asked me what my vision looked like.
"You both look normal." I answered. "You look like my friends." Then I said, "I'm really grateful. I love you guys. You're like angels." I felt a lot of love for them, and all my friends and family who weren't there at that moment.
It was a brief moment. The fear returned as soon as I lay down again.
I thought about a lot of things. I thought about the possibility of God - or rather, the impossibility. I thought about existence. I thought about how I had heard about this enveloping love and light in the universe, and that I would never be able to reach it and be embraced by it. I rocked back and forth on the bed and repeated things out loud to myself, like "I don't know why things happen. And I'm scared of the question. This is really terrible. I am really scared. I am not okay with the question."

The question I was scared of was the question of our whole existence. Life, and death, and beyond life and death. I felt that my human mind had broken open because it couldn't comprehend any order or meaning in the chaos I was feeling. M said I would be back to normal in several hours, but I didn't believe him. I thought about how I had gone insane forever, and how I would starve to death on the streets because I wouldn't be able to hold a job or do anything normal. I thought about how I would die, and then rush screaming into another incarnation, another body, because I could not see the light that I've been searching for my whole life. I kept repeating words out loud to myself. I felt the rise of terror, repeating and repeating. Then I felt sad that I would always be this lost spirit, a sad ghost that could never be at peace. I saw the universe crumbling, as all possibilities began to manifest in my own mind. In the meantime, I felt every single physical feeling at once. My skin was crawling, I was weak and tired, but I couldn't sleep. This lasted about three more hours.
I fell asleep for half an hour, after my ten hour journey.
I woke up and M was gone. I was calm and things had sort of gone back to "normal". But I was sad, because even though I had discovered the ultimate source of my own anxiety, nothing had been resolved. But I was grateful - I felt a lot of love and compassion for other humans, especially my friends. I was awed that I had so many people watching over me and loving me.

I'm still trying to decide whether the journey was productive for me or not. Somehow it seems like some things haven't changed. In other ways, they have. I feel more sad, but more of an existential sadness than any kind of depression. How could I not be sad, knowing that I am still stuck in this constant fear? How could I not be afraid when I could not understand any reason for anything that existed? That there seemed no point to life, that the whole universe was chaos, that there was no light of peace and love that I had been hoping to reconnect to. But I am also fascinated by the ultimate terror of everything that is. I'm "calm" now, but I want to experience the fear again. And why? When I was scrambling, my skin crawling, begging for it to stop? I think it's because I learned so much, and I have a lot more to learn.
And I want to know the truth.

I'm just not exactly sure if this is the way I should go about it. Maybe I should try again, but even more.

well, that sucks you had a bad trip, were the people you were with tripping too? if they weren't i could see how that could lead to a bad trip because when i'm tripping and everyone else isn't i feel really out of place and never can enjoy my trip.

i guess my advice for your next trip would be to not to think about your life and your future etc. when you're tripping.. just enjoy the moment.

o and btw, you said next time, maybe even more -- you can't really get much higher after a quarter of shrooms, that's about the limit.

No, the people I was with were sober. I didn't feel out of place because of that, though... I had asked them to stay sober because I had planned a very internal, spiritual journey and I was not about to deal with other trippers. And I had actually planned to think about life and existence - and face my fears. That was my intention, and the only thing that made me sad/frustrated was that I could not break through the fear part. But I might be willing to try again. Not sure about mushrooms, though... Maybe I need a different way to go about it.

dude... that's pretty gnarly... definetly make a post when you have a life changing revelation or whatever... I would very much like to read that, good sir.

That was a nice read dude, i was reading your report and could def. relate to some of the things that happened. How ever during both of my shroom trip (mainly 2nd) i would go into moments of connection with everything and warmth but then it would quickly switch over to confusion and fear and so on basically a shuffle through feelings and emotions. I would have this constant feeling of this odd confusion though, like i had to get something done or something needed to happen but it really wasn't anything. The next shroom trip i have i am really going to try to let my self go and go with the flow, but like you i really have a tendency to always be in control and know whats going on in my reality.

i have felt the same kind of existential sadness on shroom trips. the key message to take away is that even though you may feel lonely as a spirit in the dark, remember that we are all spirits in the dark. when we connect with another loving being on a human level, that is when our own light shines out for another spirit to see and vice versa. the beauty of the human condition is our personal suffering that can be communicated so eloquently to other beings who can understand us on their own personal level.

Thank you!

F1n1shed: It really is a problem, isn't it? Always trying to be in control. I guess it's good in a way... I mean I am probably never going to tear off my clothes and go screaming into the highway (lol) but on the other hand I am not sure how I'm going to reach the point where I can let go of my ego and really feel the experience instead of just thinking about the experience.

greenmeanies: That's true... I felt, and still feel, so much compassion for other people and so much love for my friends. I am so small and insignificant in the universe, it's just amazing that I'm alive and that I have all these people around who care about me and are happy to love, care for, and protect me in the world. One real benefit of this trip was that I am able to express my love, compassion, and gratitude towards others... much better than I was before.

At first, right after the trip, I thought I wasn't getting anywhere, but now (about a week later) I feel that it was actually really good for me. I have been thinking a lot, in a productive way. I also feel like I am developing a relationship with the mushroom spirits, and I think I am going to be ready for another trip very soon.

Next trip, some things I would change....
-Go camping and trip in a lush natural setting
-Take stronger mushrooms (I think these might have been a little weak, and that may be one reason I didn't go as far as I expected to)
-Keep my headphones on the entire time so that the music can take me deeper away from thought and into experience and emotion
-Get PLENTY of sleep right before I trip
-Have my friends closer to me physically, like right next to me