• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pscy. Appt. Need benzos

mister right

Bluelighter
OK, guys/gals. So I finally got an appointment coming up with a phsyciatrist who is somewhat legit. My question to you is what do I say to him to MAKE SURE I leave there with a script for xanax or klonopin???
There are a couple of problems.
1.) If (and I'm sure they will) ask for my family Dr. info, if I give it to them and they contact him it's over. He known that I had problems with addiction and will NOT give me anything addictive and he's really a dick about it. So, do I tell them I don't have a family doctor??

2.) I have medical assistance as my insurance and in N.E. PA. when a doctor hears you have MA coverage, for some reason they think Oh, no another addict. Unless that's just in my head, I don't really know.

Please post your thoughts ASAP, as my appt. is tomorrow.

Thank You!!!!

Just remember what you say the first time my doctors a dick and took advantage of the fact I was sick and he's bipolar and did a questionare on me why do you need them? I am in the same boat all I want is 4 to 6 miligrams of lorazepam a day and id be straight 3 to 4 would be cool too as long as I keep getting restoril. You don't get how to get benzos from a doctor if you don't have panic attacks don't try it

Why not just up front with the doc and tell him you need this meds for what you're experiencing? We can't help you score meds from your doc as that's not the purpose of the site.

Any info you wish to disclose to your doc is up to you.

ya i thought it was not allowed to post about how to get drugs on here anyway???
if ya need benzos for a lagitamit reason yull get them by being honest.
Asking how to get certain pills is a ridiculous statement on here.....

It's actually easier to get benzos from a general practitioner than a psychiatrist in general, but the key to getting any controlled script is to first build up a rapport between you and your prescriber first. And don't seem fake or too desperate.

Alot of psychs won't give you benzos till after you have been given SSRIs for panic disorder/anxiety. I am actually in the same position as you, ive been having legit panic attacks and am going to my psych next week. I fucking hate SSRI's for so many reason, especially the erectile dysfunction they cause. If she tries to put me on a SSRI or SNRI im just going to say that I will never take SSRIs again due to the side effects they give me and I think a benzo would be a better choice because I can take it as needed (which I fully intend to do)

some general practitioners always say SEEK PSYCHAITRY FOR THAT. some psychiatrists say ABSOULETLY NOT TOO ADDICTIVE (just bullshit, yet he gives me amphetamines, hypocrite) when i was 14, and had real insurance i got a 90 day supply ativan 4x day....i went to doctors first APPT and said i dont have a previous doc or dont remember cuz i was a kid, or say u just never went to a doc never been sick, an dnow want to keep ur body in check, dont sign releases!!!!

OK, guys/gals. So I finally got an appointment coming up with a phsyciatrist who is somewhat legit. My question to you is what do I say to him to MAKE SURE I leave there with a script for xanax or klonopin???
There are a couple of problems.
1.) If (and I'm sure they will) ask for my family Dr. info, if I give it to them and they contact him it's over. He known that I had problems with addiction and will NOT give me anything addictive and he's really a dick about it. So, do I tell them I don't have a family doctor??

2.) I have medical assistance as my insurance and in N.E. PA. when a doctor hears you have MA coverage, for some reason they think Oh, no another addict. Unless that's just in my head, I don't really know.

Please post your thoughts ASAP, as my appt. is tomorrow.

Thank You!!!!

1. When i started seeing my psych and they asked for my PCP i just told them I didn't know and they never brought it up since... so that could help with that problem since you don't want them talking to your doc

2. If you have anxiety and really feel you need a benzo but your psych isn't treating you for it this is what you do.....

i had been on xanax or klonopin for about 2 years now from my PCP, then i started to see a psychiatrist and she WOULD NOT give me any benzo, and straight told me she never will.

so just recently at my last appt I told her I was having bad panic attacks, I was missing class due to excessive sweating and racing heart beat, and I also said my school work was declining because I couldn't focus in class due to racing thoughts and poundnig heart.

Sure enough she wrote my original script from my PCP X60 1mg klonopin

I'm not telling you this so you can get drugs, I hope you truly need these meds. I know what it's like needing a benzo and your doctor not giving them to you

good luck

Psychiatrists often have a different attitude towards benzos than primary care doctors - not surprising given that they are the indicated treatment for a number of mental health disorders.

For what it's worth, saying you don't have a usual physician or giving the name of one who is uncontactable has been on every checklist for drug-seeking behaviour I've seen.

just wanted to state after reading ,,,the post about erectile dissfunction?????
I just want you to know that benzos cause erectile dissfunction also...
mostly do to train of thought ,but trust me benzos are not good for your libido at all....

just wanted to state after reading ,,,the post about erectile dissfunction?????
I just want you to know that benzos cause erectile dissfunction also...
mostly do to train of thought ,but trust me benzos are not good for your libido at all....

Ye for me ive never had big problems with benzos and ED. Ive always used low doses and I admit that they can hurt my libido but physically they have not ever caused me any trouble. If anything I had more random sexual encounters on benzos than any other type of drug.

I finally tapered from 10 years on benzos and now my libido is back at full force! My girlfriend is pleased. Damn those benzos...

Asking a doctor for how to get drugs prescribed to you isn't allowed...reported.

Wow for a mod that was pretty harsh.....

Although the OP didn't clarify WHY he wants the prescriptions it doesn't mean he's out looking to get high.

I was just recently in the same position as him where my PCP had me on benzos for over a year then I started seeing a psych who wouldn't give me any benzo for my anxiety.

I was able to explain how my anxiety was affecting my daily life and school work because anxiety can be crippling.

OP... just re-word your question to "how do i approach my psych about getting benzo's for my anxiety"

no problem with that. good luck

Wow for a mod that was pretty harsh.....

Although the OP didn't clarify WHY he wants the prescriptions it doesn't mean he's out looking to get high.

I was just recently in the same position as him where my PCP had me on benzos for over a year then I started seeing a psych who wouldn't give me any benzo for my anxiety.

I was able to explain how my anxiety was affecting my daily life and school work because anxiety can be crippling.

OP... just re-word your question to "how do i approach my psych about getting benzo's for my anxiety"

no problem with that. good luck

That isn't harsh at all, he's simply stating what the forum rules are. We can't tell the OP how to get drugs from his doctor. If the OP is suffering from anxiety, he needs to be seen, diagnosed and treated by a medical professional who can decide what course to take. It might include benzos, it might not.

Unless you're having debilitating anxiety attacks don't bother asking for them, mainly because they'll do more harm than good.

My suggestion, go to your appointment and be COMPLETELY honest about your symptoms/problems and see what they have to say, I say this with your best interest in mind.

It's been my experience that you get the best treatment from doctors and psychiatrists when you have a history with them and see them at regular intervals.

Sometimes it seems like Basic Drug Discussion is the virtual waiting room for The Darkside.....

P.S. Don't ask for benzos, that's the worst thing you could do, meaning if you actually needed them you'd be less likely to get them because they'd look at you as a drug seeker and not someone who is seeking genuine relief from a condition. They went to school for a long time and some have a lot of experience and they don't want to be looked at as some kind of Pez Drug Dispenser.

That isn't harsh at all, he's simply stating what the forum rules are. We can't tell the OP how to get drugs from his doctor. If the OP is suffering from anxiety, he needs to be seen, diagnosed and treated by a medical professional who can decide what course to take. It might include benzos, it might not.

I'm sorry, I guess I was just under the impression that the OP had already been seen by a doc and diagnosed with anxiety but his doc wouldn't give him a benzo.

I respect you guys and the rules I was just trying to give him some suggestions because I was thinking he really needed a benzo and was being denied them.

Asking a doctor for how to get drugs prescribed to you isn't allowed...reported.

This isn't some game I'm playing with Dr's, although I can see how it would seem like that. I have severe panic attacks and anxiety. I'm currently in college and sometimes it's unbearable to even thing about sitting in a classroom for 2 hours. Because I did have an addiction to pain pills many years ago my family Dr. won't give me shit. I've been to several phscy and they keep giving me Effexor XR, Atarax, Abilify, Risperdal and NONE of these meds to anything for anxiety. I'm NOT depressed, just anxious.

Sorry If it seemed like I was trying to "score"

This isn't some game I'm playing with Dr's, although I can see how it would seem like that. I have severe panic attacks and anxiety. I'm currently in college and sometimes it's unbearable to even thing about sitting in a classroom for 2 hours. Because I did have an addiction to pain pills many years ago my family Dr. won't give me shit. I've been to several phscy and they keep giving me Effexor XR, Atarax, Abilify, Risperdal and NONE of these meds to anything for anxiety. I'm NOT depressed, just anxious.

A psychiatrist is more likely to start you with an antidepressant or anti-psychotic before deciding to put you onto a benzodiazepine. That is seen now as a last resort medication nowadays. If you "really" have debilitating full fledge panic attacks maybe a low dose benzodiazepine on an "as needed" basis would help. Daily use of benzodiazepines is a bad idea. Easily can lead to addiction

You haven't told us what the psychiatrist said.

When I suffered major panic disorder many years ago I honestly couldn't have given a shit what they gave me as long as it worked. I think doctors are understandably cynical when patients seem to have tunnel vision about possible treatment options, especially when it comes to drugs which have a high abuse potential and the patient seems uninterested in any additional forms of treatment such as therapy. Given that benzos are only intended for short-term use, that resistance to other supportive intervention is kind of like declaring that you intend to rely on benzos long enough to become physically dependent on them and not make any effort to manage your anxiety by other means.

For what it's worth, several of the meds you listed are used off label for anxiety (whether or not that use is based on sound research is another story entirely) and it is becoming increasingly common to try them as a starting point - even moreso because many patients present with symptoms of both anxiety and depression whether they "feel depressed" or not.