• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Propylhexedrine

kushportal

Greenlighter
I have been experimenting with Propylhexedrine from benzedrex inhalers, i’ve done the extraction with lemon juice and i have a jar with small amount of lemons juice. i was wondering, what form of propylhexedrine is in the lemon juice, is it still in freebase or is it some sort of salt like citrate or something. and how would it be possible to then convert the lemon juice mixture into a hcl salt. it should be pretty easy if it’s in freebase, but if it is a salt, couldn’t i just base it with sodium hydroxide then go from there?

As I understand it, Benzedrex inhalers contain freebase propylhexidrine. The freebase is actually a volatile oil (similar to meth freebase) which is why it is inhaled as a vapour instead of snorted as a powder. The main acid in lemon juice is citric acid and hence the lemon juice wash of the cotton will contain propylhexidrine citrate. (perhaps a small amount fo propylhexidrine ascorbate from the vitamin C as well)

If you wanted to make the HCl salt presumably it would be as simple as rinsing the cottons with a slight excess hydrochloric acid and then evaporating the water (and excess acid) off.

If you want to get precise,
Molecular weight of propylhexidrine freebase = 155.29 g/mol
Inhaler contains 0.25g of freebase propylhex. 0.25 g / 155.29 (g/mol) = 1.61 millimoles of propylhexidrine
MW hydrochloric acid = 36.5 g/mol
1.61mmol * 36.5g/mol = 58.8 mg of HCl needed to neutralize (0.05876g)
Commercial concentrated HCl is 37% w/v
58.8mg / 37% HCl = 0.158 mL concentrated acid needed.

So, to make a crude form of propylhexidrine HCl, take some distilled water, add about 0.2 mL of concentrated HCl (check hardware stores, pool supply etc) to the distilled water, then rinse the cotton well, evaporate the water gently, and you should be left with the HCl salt.

Thanks for your response! currently i have a jar of lemon juice from this method- (

i dont have any inhalers right now but im trying to figure out a way to get whats in the jar into hcl salt, my thinking so far is i would have to base it with sodium hydroxide, but im not really sure where to go from there if that even is correct. The hydrochloric acid i have is 31.5% so is there an equation to figure out how much i need to use? Im at a pretty basic level of chemistry but i am extremely interested in learning, so dont worry about your response being too long, i will read it no matter how long it is lol.

Thanks again!!

I would just boil what you have down and scrape the residue up, attempting to do an acid/base extarction on such a small amount of material is not going to work very well.