• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Propylhexedrine ("Benzedrex") comedown guide V1.1, Prepare for a hard landing!

Ventrusii

Bluelighter
Propylhexedrine ("Benzedrex") comedown guide V1.1, Prepare for a hard landing!

I love propylhexedrine, let me say that before all. It has serotonergic activity, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I have used 17 FULL inhalers total in various ways of extraction and only oral RoA. Also, in
the way of stims, I have tried high dose Pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, caffeine, Dextroamphetamine, IR Adderall, XR Adderall, and DXM polystirex as a eugregoric (It works if you constantly keep track of how much is in your system and time your doses, as well as dose the correct amount.).

Also, I feel that Propylhexedrine is much much more recreational (euphoric) than any other stimulant I've taken, and I've seen lots of people comparing it to short-lasting meth. I much prefer it over everything
(besides the idea of meth) I've ever done for any purpose, except appetite suppression. Propylhexedrine inhibits appetite sporadically and therefore seems to be largely norepinephrinergic.

But the problem, (you know, aside from the relatively short "good" part (~6 hours for a full cotton, ~ 4 hours for a half cotton))

The goddamned comedown.

Since the peak seems to be the only part of the experience besides the aftereffects, It seems that the reason the comedown is so harsh compared to anything I've ever experienced (I'd say that I'd rather be coming down from opioids than propylhexedrine) because the propylhexedrine exits your system in one moment and then steadily declines. This causes the comedown to be the harshest bitch that, in the moment, is the worst feeling in the world. Luckily, I have spent the after-effect period of every single dose I've taken to research how to get rid of it, because I knew that the stuff was too good to pass up doing ever again. I did something very stupid the first few times, and some other misc. average stuff a few other times, but after the last few doses I've taken, I believe I have the best comedown cure. The comedown cure is so effective for me personally, that It basically became a long extension of the motivation from propylhexedrine. The rest of the post talks about how to improve your experience as well as prevent or cure the after-effects.

(OPTIONAL) Use Well Before:

If you plan on doing Propylhexedrine, or any other stimulant for that matter, consider regularly taking helpful supplements like...

L-Tyrosine (Major prodrug to many neurotransmitters that are depleted with use of TAAR1 agonists / VMAT2 antagonists)

L-DOPA (Precursor to dopamine, helps replenish dopamine faster than tyrosine)

5-HTP (For serotonergic stims only, like meth/propylhexedrine, like L-DOPA, except 5-HTP replenishes serotonin)

Any antioxidants (Helps protect against neurotoxicity, this is really useful for regular use, because without antioxidants you can cause serious brain damage)

LACK OF caffeine (Caffeine tolerance seems, at least to me, to be a major hindrance to any stimulant experience. Make sure you try to keep tolerance down

TAKE IMMEDIATELY BEFORE:

Use as many of these supplements/nutrients as you can or have access to to improve your experience

WATER! (HYDRATION ON PROPYLHEXEDRINE IS INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT! You want to drink a bit more than you usually do, maybe even to the point where your pee is very light)

COMPLEX CARBS (Low blood sugar can kill the motivation as well as the high. Make sure you either have lots of glycogen stored or eat lots of complex carbs beforehand.)

A good source of protein (Whey is the best, you want to have protein to allow for protein synthesis, reducing loss of muscle and also allowing for more synthesis of neurotransmitters)

Standby medicine in the case of something going wrong (Make sure you put aside medicine for any possible effects that may occur. If you can, I recommend Ibuprofen)

Diphenhydramine (50mg), any medicine that lowers blood pressure, like guanfacine, and if you really want to be prepared, a benzo.)

Ibuprofen (If you don't take ibuprofen, count on a pounding headache that might not seem annoying during the experience, but it will kill afterwards.)

Any choline source (Alpha-GPC is my choice, it provides for a precursor to acetylcholine that will be depleted during your experience, causing a headache. To prevent this, take a centrally-delivering choline source.)

TAKE DURING:

Water (Keep hydrated, dehydration is quick and can not only kill the experience, but make the comedown absolute hell without reprive)

If you want, any GABA-ergic drug (It reduces anxiety if you are prone to such.)

If you possibly have it, a BP lowering medicine (This reduces the twitchiness accociated with Propylhexedrine and makes for a more mentally-stimulating experience rather than physically)

(AT THE END) Sugar or candy (Doesn't matter if you want it or even if you can barely get it down your throat, you need a good increase in blood sugar, because let's face it, you didn't eat at all during it.)

WHEN YOU FEEL THE COMING DOWN:

The best way to tell you're coming down is that you feel a sudden "Lagging" feeling, you stop caring so much about completing tasks, you stop feeling so much empathy towards others, and in my experience, the head tingles will get very intense around this time. The tingles are probably misleading to new users, because the tingling is incredibly pleasurable, so they could think they're rising even further rather than the reverse.

Diphenhydramine (25mg-50mg, The diphen. will calm you down and allow you to sleep if you wish, as the insomnia from Propylhexedrine seems to last long enough to keep you up twitching all night.)

Nicotine (If you wish)(Nicotine will allow for a slower and gentler comedown, as it releases pleasure chemicals so you don't feel the effects of the comedown as harshly.)

Gabapentin/Any GABA-ergic (This will also allow for sleep, but mainly this is for the anxiety. The anxiety from Propylhexedrine is the worst stimulant comedown anxiety I've felt. Low doses will suffice for this, 400mg Gabapentin does it for me, personally.)

DXM (DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN 1MG/KG!!! IF YOU TAKE MORE, YOU RUN A GREAT RISK OF SEROTONIN SYNDROME!!! Dextromethorphan, as an SNRI, seems to allow for a great mood during the comedown, without the irritability that usually occurs. The norepinephrine will also allow for you to not experience the large "crash" of usable energy. Don't take CCC's, the CPM will cause a lot of discomfort in this situation because you'll be incredibly confused on top of the confusion and scattered thoughts that happen because of the comedown. The DXM seems to be the main reason why the symptoms are alleviated, since without the DXM, the remaining combo is okay at best.)

(OPTIONAL): Stimulants (Well... Just don't redose Propylhexedrine. Many people have reported delirium-like hallucinations from extended use), Multivitamins (Quickly replenish used stores of such), B-COMPLEX supplements (Replenish them as well as allow for more generation of energy after the crash.) lastly, Trazodone (A HT-xx antagonist and serotonin reuptake inhibitor. If taken on an empty stomach, any dose at or above 50mg will allow you to stay awake for at maximum like, one hour.)

DISCLAIMER: MAKE SURE TO CHECK ANY SNERGY THE SUPPLEMENTS YOU PLAN TO TAKE HAVE WITH THE SUPPLEMENTS YOU ALREADY TAKE, IF APPLICABLE. BE SAFE, BE NICE, AND BE HAPPY

TYPE OF COMEDOWN PER DOSE:

With propylhexedrine comedowns, the dosage is incredibly impactful on the type of comedown and the symptoms thereof. This handy chart will detail to you the effects that I have found in my endeavors.

LIGHT (GOOD FOR SUPPLEMENTED APPETITE SUPPRESSION WITH WILLPOWER OR MINOR STIMULATION (1/4 Cotton = 62.5mg)) : A little irritability, headache if you haven't eaten enough carbs, and less organized thoughts. Nothing too bad. This comedown is easily ignored and nothing really needs to be taken for it. Make sure to stay hydrated and usually you won't even notice it vanished.

MEDIUM (GOOD FOR APPETITE SUPPRESSION, STUDYING, HAVING ENERGY, AND SUBTLE MOOD LIFT (1/2 Cotton = 125mg)) : Mood decline, more irritability than Light doses but not very noticeable, pretty scattered thoughts, and headaches if you don't eat enough carbs and drink enough. The comedown is noticeable, but it isn't too dis-pleasurable and is easy to be fixed with the right stuff.

STRONG (GREAT FOR APPETITE SUPPRESSION (sporadically), STUDYING MIGHT BE A CHALLENGE OR A BREEZE, AND INTENSE MOOD LIFT (Full soaked part of cotton = 250mg)) : Headaches no matter what you do except for taking NSAID's, belligerent irritability to the point of you might want to avoid any social contact, scattered mind, bad anxiety, and either much lethargy or annoying, twitchy energy (I have heard reports of both and experienced both myself and there seems to be no evident reason for one over the other). The comedown is extremely evident and can NOT be ignored on its own.

EXTREME (UNKNOWN EFFECTS, EXPECTED TO BE HALLUCINOGENIC DUE TO EXCESSIVE NEUROTRANSMITTER SIGNALING, POSSIBLY DEADLY FOR A USER WITH NO TOLERANCE DUE TO MUCH ADRENERGIC ACTIVITY (More than 1 cotton)) : Don't do it. Even if you have a tolerance. Tolerance builds very slowly to the vasoconstriction, so the chance of necrosis is increased proportional to dose. If you feel the need to do this, take a tolerance break.
_

Progressive Dosing
(Full soaked part of cotton = 250mg) : An odd, but oddly common dosing method is to add the cotton to an acidic drink, soda or lemon-water usually, and sipping the concoction for a few hours and the reports on this sound like a light to medium dose, with a much lesser but drawn out comedown. It seems to make it much better than it would be, but this is just hearsay, I have not as of yet tried this, but I will make sure to when I do.

DO NOT COMBINE:

Make sure to not use any of these supplements in an effort to cure your comedown!

Long-acting Hypotensives (The comedown from Propylhexedrine causes your blood pressure to go down to a lower level than usual, and if you have hypotensives still in circulation, this could pose a threat to your health and if not that then it also causes lethargy and brain fog.)

In my opinion, Stimulants fall into this category, but others may disagree so it's in both cures and do-not-use (Using stimulants to cure a stimulant comedown will just make the experience of the second dose less pleasurable and just prolong having to deal with the comedown. In addition, the comedown would be worse, as your neurotransmitters will be even more depleted in the end.)

Tramadol (Both stimulants and tramadol lower the threshold for seizures, and combining them makes for a possibly hazardous experience.)

Post-Script: My recommended schedule is to, when you feel the slightest slowing, to take just below 1mg/kg DXM, as the minor serotonin increase will assist in warding off headaches and give you much better mood. In addition, dosing gabapentin throughout the day seems to alleviate any sort of comedown, but it gives an incredibly drunken feeling and will render the propylhexedrine null for assisting concentration.
Edit: Just to let you know, I wrote ALL of this in the time that I would have been irritable and unmotivated from the comedown of propylhexedrine, able to bounce back due to the DXM and gabapentin.

Thank you for reading, if you want me to add/change/remove anything, just let me know and I'll be sure to consider it.

Last edited:
Very informative guide. Suprirsed nobody responded to say thanks or anything...

And yes PPX has a LOT of serotonin activity. It seems that the things you do leading up to it and the batch you get, make a huge difference in the roll.

Every time I do PPX it is different but this last time I finally took an entire inhaler and WOW! This was on par with MDMA. It was out of this world strong, just like MDMA and the APB's.

The funny part is...they sell it at walmart. We are almost to the year 20/20 and you can buy stims equally as strong as MDMA at the super market. Awesome!

Actually PPX is stronger than the MDMA of now a days. The MDMA back in the 90s was way better and more compareable to a good PPX roll.

I was starting to see eye wiggles and everything from the full inhaler dose. I had never rolled that hard from benzedrex before. But I always did 1/2 of the inhaler because I was scared of the effects and the comedown. Even off the full inhaler the comwdown wasn't that bad. I had some super strong weed though, Jenny Kush which gets over 31% THC so it's up there with the strongest strains in the world. So I am sure that played a part in making the cowndown easier. Also I didn't drink any alcohol during this last experience, like I always did with PPX before. And in ceretain aspects, such as the headaches, this comedown was even LESS HARSH than the other experiences where I took Less PPX.

I always eat candy before, DURING (and after) the experience. I was told this is crucial to prevent the comedown. Its not hard to eat half a candy bar while you're rolling. Even though it does inhibit appetite.

This is a rather unusual drug honestly. I've used it quite a bit. I'm on it right now actually. The effects do not feel at all like Adderall/amphetamine, which it's often compared to. It can in low doses, but it has a very strange quality to it that's entirely different when one takes enough. It can be very "sharp" in its effects, kind of like amps are. However, it can also have an odd, almost psychedelic-like cloudiness to it. And a somewhat reminiscent headspace even.

I'm on it right now and am getting these odd "slips" almost kind of like I'm lightly tripping. It's weird. Like I'll feel a strangely 'trippy' sort of high from time to time. And just feel kind of 'weird' in a way that I have never gotten from any other stim. What's even stranger is that I've done it a lot of times. And sometimes, it'll cause this sort of headspace. Yet many times it doesn't to this extent. It has a sort of psychedelic-like quality of sometimes feeling like a different drug from the last.

It's weird. In a way, it almost feels like maybe it acts on a similar system as psychedelics (e.g. serotonin). However, instead of making you trip, it does something different that's difficult to describe exactly. For some reason, I never really "crash" from it per say either. It has more of an "afterglow" sort of quality the next day. However, it doesn't have the mess with your head quality that being on a psychedelic would. One can actually be focused and productive on it even.

Good stuff. I also have found PPD to be a fun and euphoric stimulants high

One thing I will say is that taking L Dopa snd 5 HTP in close proximity to drugs that act on serotonin and dopamine can be very dangerous. Drugs such as meth, MDMA, suboxone, oxy... Too much serotonin can cause Serotonin Syndrome which is not something to take lightly.

I gave myself SS affect a weekend long Binge on mdma, cocaine, Suboxone and cocaine prior to the mdma. On the 4th day I was coming down HARD. I was in despair I took a bunch of supplements, and a few L dopa and 5-HTP and I still had too much MDMA in my system and basically I "fried" my brain for a week. It was a terrible feeling.

Last edited: