• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Propylhexedrine/any amphetamines with a heart problem

Ventrusii

Bluelighter
I have a heart problem that is called Uni/Bi-cuspid Aortic Stenosis, and basically that means instead of three flaps to prevent regurgitation into the heart, I either have two flaps (lowering the ability to prevent regurgitation) or just a hole in the center (Barely preventing regurgitation at all) as opposed to the normal, efficient, three flaps. There are pictures describing it online, if you want to see what it really looks like.

Problem is, this means I'm not really supposed to use stimulants of any sort, my cardiologist was weary about even letting me drink coffee, still is.

I LOVE propylhexedrine (Probably meth as well, seeing as the two are commonly compared as two very similar substances) and stimulants in general, problem is, my heart problem is pretty bad right now and I'm probably having surgery later in this year to have a valve (or two) replaced, and I was wondering how much would anyone who is versed in this kind of science would say taking propylhexedrine or other other stimulants would damage my heart, if at all.

Also, would nicotine damage my heart, considering it's a vaso-dilator and not constrictor?

Stimulants could cause your heart to fail. You should be avoiding them like the plague. I think it's less likely to cause "damage" than it is a serious, acute cardiac event.

Thank you, both for the quick reply as well as the info. I think after hearing that and thinking back to a few bad stimulant experiences I've had I'm just going to lay off the stimulants altogether... RIP my little speedy gelcaps...

That's really for the best. If it's serious enough that they have to replace the valve, you really need to be careful about what you're putting into your body and paying close attention to what your docs are telling you.

Stimulants could cause your heart to fail. You should be avoiding them like the plague. I think it's less likely to cause "damage" than it is a serious, acute cardiac event.

Tbis
And propylhexedrine is like the worst stimulant as its more of a PNS stimulant instead of CNS, so it's incredibly bad for your heart.
If you're supposed to not drink coffee don't take any stimulants!

Your heart already has to pump harder because of the regurgitation. Taking stimulants is thus a radically dangerous idea and may affect not only the already damaged valves but potentially the ascending aorta and root (dilatation > rupture), atrium, ventricular function (hypertrophy) and reduce the ejection fraction, ultimately leading to heart failure.

You should also drop the caffeine, as your cardiologist suggests, unless you're willing to undergo heart surgery and valve replacement prematurely.

I would listen to ALL of the advice given above by the 3 mods. They said what I would have said....IT ISN'T WORTH THE RISK(or rather.."the inevitability") of heart failure.

Taking stimulants, especially very potent ones like those, is reckless given your heart condition. You are teasing death.

If you still have to think about it and come on BL and ask for opinions on this subject, I would guess that you more than likely have a problem that you should seek help for. If your desire to use stimulants is greater than your desire for self preservation to this degree, than you are likely not in control of your drug use and would very likely benefit from some sort of rehab.