Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Proposed changes to DMT legislation

Rock1084

Greenlighter
Just stumbled over this:

"Proposal to amend the entry for N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) in schedule 9 to allow exemptions for naturally occurring DMT in very low concentrations and liquid form for religious purposes. The quantity of DMT found per serving of the tea is approximately 0.25 mg/mL."

https://www.tga.gov.au/consultation-invitation/consultation-proposed-amendments-poisons-standard-july-2016-medicines

It specifically mentions typical serving sizes, and reads as though the intention is to allow ayahuasca ingestion. I have no idea how much DMT is usually found in in an aya serve (they mention 0.25mg/mL - but don't know for sure they are referring to aya). Can anyone shed light on this?

That's amazing. Great find Rock1084.

Lets hope it passes without anyone fucking it up.

Very interesting. Harmaline is still schedule 9 though and the penalties for extremely small amounts are very harsh. The DMT is no good without it orally.

Ah gotcha. But MAOIs are found in plenty of substances, does aya specifically require harmaline?

Strictly speaking, ayahuasca does require harmaline alkaloids but there are countless ayahuasca analogues.

This is great though. Think about how present DMT is in Australian plants, its impossible and futile to prohibit it. I'd like to know why this has come about...

Strictly speaking, ayahuasca does require harmaline alkaloids but there are countless ayahuasca analogues.

This is great though. Think about how present DMT is in Australian plants, its impossible and futile to prohibit it. I'd like to know why this has come about...
Oh I am dying to know what initiated this, but can't find anything online. FWIW the original source that I am aware of is on this guys page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/ross.heaven?fref=ts

It's accurate that skin lesions and liver damage are associated with kava use, but "apathy" is a strange side-effect, don't you think?

Michael Bock told us at EGA that the liver damage problem came about because a certain company that sold a lot of Kava some time ago used aerial parts as well as the rhizome to bulk out their product. The aerial parts of Kava are not normally used as they cause damage to the liver. This information was not taken into account when the Australian Government rescheduled Kava some years ago.

Very interesting, i didnt know that.
How disturbing and indicative of how unscientific the govt approach to 'drug' regulation is

Weird phrasing - low concentrations AND liquid forms? Does this include pituri, or is it still baninated if it's in chewable form?

Bocky loves his Kava and is quite passionate about it. He went into great detail about how flawed the government was in this case. He also brought along some traditional kava ceremony items that he smuggled home from Fiji.

The video is here: http://youtu.be/gR8s0Y5fTeU