View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

prolonging effects of shrooms

kaliman

Greenlighter
Will try to keep this short and sweet but its a moderate amount of information. I'm new to this site and skipped the intro (sorry) because I had an urgent question. I did try to search it and found bits and pieces of my story but couldn't figure out how to go from here. Maybe I'm just overreacting and there's no real connection or maybe I'm onto something. The story starts back in my senior year of High school. there I was on track to graduate and really cool with everyone, had a reputation for starting what I finished and not giving up and just overall being interesting and fun to talk to%).

my junior year was the first time experimenting with acid and I had an amazing trip at first kinda scary because of all the visuals and sudden feeling of awakening. Fast forward to the summer going into senior year and a couple friends and I decided to go to hempfest in Seattle =D=D=D. anyway its four of us and it was initially just going to be me and another friend but 2 others joined after i had sent an s.o.s post. one of the guys was kinda sketchy and had a weird sinister vibe about him. the other was a guy i went to school with for a long time and was known for having a short fuse and overall just kind of a dick. then there was my good friend he was just an alpha cool guy.

I would describe myself as an introvert with a good personality and a people person. so the festival is fun me and my buddy veer from the group and hang out with these chicks that i picked up (back when i could) and we just smoked and chilled and laughed by the bay. after a couple hours the two others show up and we head to get some food and the dick just kinda starts being arrogant about how he got acid and some mushrooms from some guy. at this point we head back home and on the way there the dick says "hey i got a boat house not far from here we could stay at" we agree to go to the boat house get some shut eye and head back home in the morning.

up until now the vibe was kind of weird it felt like everything was part of some kind of script or maybe i was just stoned. so while at the boat house we just smoke some weed and then the dick and my buddy start talking about maybe doing some shrooms. at first i didnt want to but eventually i unfortunately got peer pressured into it. so i took them and didnt feel anything until a half hour later everything felt like a movie. and the dick suddenly changed his whole demeanor into a sort of cult leader feeling. he seemed possessed and not all being himself. it seemed like his sole purpose of the trip was just to badmouth and yell at me so it changed my mood completely and at that point i felt vulnerable. the other two were also being targeted but the sinister kid fell asleep.

my buddy was just kind of ignoring him not saying much trying to ignore him. after a while i just went out to the porch and started ripping the bong. then thats when something very strange happened i took a really big hit and then suddenly i sort of glitched out i then went on to read forums that a combination of weed and shrooms can have this effect because of shortage of oxygen or something like that i cant remember. i sort of rebooted to see the dick staring me right in the eyes with a sort of sinister half smile. like if he knew something i didnt.

at that point my buddy sort of got worried about me and gave me some water and was kind of scared. for the next couple hours me and him both felt a sinister vibe and felt a sort of telepathic connection. we would both feel like there was voices we were hearing then they would sort of scramble away and then come back me and him both felt the exact same thing and would look at each other at the same time with the same reaction. of WTF 8o. after that night i felt sort of a mindblock. I went on to feel that way all of senior year. leading me to miss alot of classes and finally not graduating by a half credit. :\. i didn't let that stop me though i got a job at a dealership making great money better than anybody in my class and then eventually 6 months later i made some stupid choices and lost the job. shortly after that night also my girlfriend and i broke up and i haven't had any luck since. also the old me that had a natural welcoming aura and was really personable is now gone. after that also i couldn't smoke weed without having some mild recurring effects from that night.

my buddy also had the same experience with weed. its now been a couple years since and everything just seems to be going bad as hard as i try to turn it around..... but earlier this week my buddy told me that the day after that night he went to the dicks house and asked him what that was all about and the dick told him "sometimes i do favors for him, sometimes he does favors for me". me being a level headed person dont want to interpret that in a wrong way but i don't know how to interpret it and i don't know if i'm onto something or the shrooms coulda just had a physiological effect on me. but i know what i felt and i just wanted to get a second opinion and dont know where else to turn. maybe you guys have had similar experiences but let me know what ya think :?:? sorry for my terrible grammar I'm using a crappy laptop

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ that is harsh on the eyes. What happened to short and sweet?

sorry, it is all the information as plain and simple as i could write it

Interesting little vignette. What could the dude possibly mean when he said, "Sometimes I do favors for him, sometimes he does favors for me"? He was talking about you, right? How well do you/did you know him?

I have tripped around people like that who completely throw off your vibe. You're having residual effects from what your brain and body interpret as a traumatic experience -- and whether it fits the textbook definition of "trauma" or not, it's clearly left a mark on you that you're feeling to this day. I wish I could tell you how to make it go all away, but of course there is no easy way; somehow you'll have to learn to accept it and carry the experience with you as a tool instead of a hindrance. BTW, if you figure out how to do this, let me know for my own sake, lol

Sounds like you had a bad trip. I'm going to move this to Psychedelic Drugs for you.

I had an experience kind of similar to yours, I made the unfortunate decision to take mushrooms with a complete tool. I literally thought killing myself was the only way out during that trip but luckily I had some Xanax to knock me out that night before I did something stupid.

Luckily I had no lasting negative mental effects from that night, but that was probably due to being hardened by lots of really bad paranoid/ego crushing weed experiences when I was a teen. Those weed experiences left me with a lasting negative impact on my mental health that wouldn't subside for a few more years after. What helped me was staying away from weed and anything remotely psychedelic for a couple years. It might seem like it's not helping but sometimes weed and other psychedelics can put you in a persistent delusional state so abstaining is very important for your recovery.

I think you can completely recover from this, good luck.

Interesting little vignette. What could the dude possibly mean when he said, "Sometimes I do favors for him, sometimes he does favors for me"? He was talking about you, right? How well do you/did you know him?

I have tripped around people like that who completely throw off your vibe. You're having residual effects from what your brain and body interpret as a traumatic experience -- and whether it fits the textbook definition of "trauma" or not, it's clearly left a mark on you that you're feeling to this day. I wish I could tell you how to make it go all away, but of course there is no easy way; somehow you'll have to learn to accept it and carry the experience with you as a tool instead of a hindrance. BTW, if you figure out how to do this, let me know for my own sake, lol

I think I've worked past my trauma from many bad experiences but other than the advice I gave above I can't say for certain what else helped me through the rough times.

I really wouldn"t worry about it... And I suggest taking that literally.

If you sit there thinking about it you'll just continue to freak yourself out. All that happened is that you went to a festival with some odd kids, possibly someone a bit disturbed thrown in for good measure, and then took psychedelics with them. Sounds to me like you were just picking up their bad vibes. Weed + psychedelics is very powerful. It sounds like you blacked out and he was probably looking at you because he found it funny. It's very easy to see a sinister face on a psychedelic... Especially if somebody has one and/or is laughing at you. And what he said to your friend could mean so many different things.

Worst case scenario, you went to a festival with some crap kids who were dicks and they fucked with you a bit. Then again, maybe they just had crap social skills/you didn't bond/you were just a bit fucked etc etc. Either way, trust me, he's not omnipotent. He's just some kid. I think this experience was already on the way by the point you started thinking everything was scripted.

When you start to think about it, just be aware of yourself and kind of merrily move onto the next topic, otherwise you become obsessed and dig yourself deeper and deeper into it. :)

I remember my first bad trip 7g of mushrooms and a blunt and it turned sour quick. Couldn't smoke any weed after that for a couple years.. one thing I had previously enjoyed so much. I felt robbed. Also felt like I would never return to normal again, anxiety levels were always high and was in a mild state of paranoia. Sounds strange but what I felt was very real.

After a year or so I was back to my normal self, just took some time for my brain to reach homeostasis. I'm sure you will be fine!

I've tripped multiple times since then but never exceeding 3gs of shrooms and I will NEVER smoke weed on it again. I want to experience the shrooms by them self. When you combine the two many times you are just asking for trouble because your mind is just over stimulated.

no he wasnt talking about me, he was talking about a third entity or person. who or what that could be idk. but yeah thanks for the advice i hadn't thought about trying to use it as a tool. I'll keep you posted. my logical explanation is similar to what your saying and that it affects my abilities and life on a subconscious level.

yeah i plan on joining some kind of martial art to establish discipline and start exercising, i think thats a good place to start

your probably right.:). i think that maybe im just bringing this up as an excuse for my bad luck. The main point of the post was to see it from someone else's
POV.

Glad to hear that man.. Im interested by what you meant by " paranoid/ego crushing weed experiences when I was a teen". what kind of paranoid thought would you have?