Problem with posting pics

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
I was gonna post a pic of myself but the picture icon doesn't have the click here square which i use, now it just says insert link, which i cant use because their saved to my ipad no a website?

Can't you just 'insert file' then navigate to the image on your ipad? For me, the best thing about this new site is the ease in which you can insert files.

But are you sure the internet is ready for a picture of your fizzog Pete? ;)

I heard it's fucking massive , a two man/woman Job, and I hear the helmets like a sock puppet holding a grapefruit

file attachments are disabled in the lounge and maybe a few other forums, and files/images larger than ~1mb can't be attached anywhere

in those situations you have to do it the old fashioned way and upload to an image hosting site and link to it with img tags

I only like to do it with the big sqaure that says click my im to young and senile to do it any other way

this ^ ? yeah that does the attaching and inserting into the post, you won't be able to use that where attachments are disabled

(also, ACAB ?)

I seem to have completely lost the ability to post images. When i click on the image icon, I don't get the same as Tathra posted above, I just get a text box that says 'URL'. Does this mean that attachments are disabled? If so, how do I enable them again?

I seem to have completely lost the ability to post images.

Are you sure you aren't seeing the other half of the upload interface? Left option is for dropping an image file, right option is for entering a link, and you can toggle between them.

12018 12019

Assuming that isn't the issue. Can you elaborate with WHERE you are trying to upload? I've checked, and it doesn't appear to be a permissions issue for the usergroups that I can tell.

Fuck me. I'm such a retard. 8( Thanks LB... ?

I'll try it now...

Nope. I don't get the option to toggle. All I get is the link icon, nothing else.

Another thing, I seem to have lost the ability to switch styles. I'm currently using the dark style as I find it more pleasant on the eyes, but now the option to change has disappeared. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
you can also paste an image directly into the editor.

alasdair

How exactly? When we first changed over to XF I was pleasantly surprised how easy image posting was. But with all the subsequent tweaking, I appear to have lost the ability. I am on an android phone set to desktop site (though it doesn't make any difference if I swap to mobile).

I suspect it is something to do with the dark style I'm currently using, but I can't confirm this hypothesis because my option to change style has also disappeared. Anyone know how I can change back to the default style..?

depends on where the image is coming from but, for example, do an image search in google for "rabbit". when the results come back, click on the image you want (to expand it) then right-click on the image and choose "Copy image". then switch to the bl editor and just <Ctrl><V> to paste in the image:

boom. done.

i'm using chrome on win10 or macos. i guess ymmv.

alasdair

Thanks Ali, but on a phone I can't 'Right click'. I'm now finding this extremely frustrating...

on ios you can (sometimes) click and hold to pop up a context menu with an option to copy an image. maybe android has something similar?

if not, you'll need to navigate to the image url and use that approach.

alasdair

yeah android you just hold image > copy image location > post in BL reply box and post. that easy
at least with imgur....

Last edited:
I suspect it is something to do with the dark style I'm currently using, but I can't confirm this hypothesis because my option to change style has also disappeared. Anyone know how I can change back to the default style..?
Awesome thanks i had no idea there was an option to change the theme. Anyways, i just figured it out and if you wanna change your bl theme then click on the top left icon( has 3 horizontal bars or lines) then click on your account icon(the one with your avatar picture) then hit the account button towards the top then there should be an option to change your style or color.