• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Prescribed lyrica and gabapentin

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I get gabapentin from my PCP and I get lyrica from my shrink. I have tried several times to get off gabapentin but with no avail. Then my shrink after asking him can I have a PRN benzo got my panic attacks of coarse he said no and let's do Lyrica. I already knew these had abuse potential but I was just trying to get my panic attacks under control.

I am not one to abuse klonopin or any other benzo. The lyrica doesn't even really do anything I don't think. So now I'm here just wanting to abuse lyrica and fall back on the gabapentin when I'm out. Idk what to do.

First, abuse and trying to get better do not add up. In Europe, pregabalin/Lyrica is actually prescribed for anxiety. Battle through a few weeks of feeling cruddy, and stick with the Lyrica, or even the Gabapentin. Lyrica will (for me anyway) stop the need for a benzo, at the correct dosage.

Good luck, I wouldn't take them together. I tried them for pain and they both gave me a charly horse in my calf muscle in the AM when did wake and stretch. I am titration myself off clonozipam right now. The posts about it scared me and I am still in the first stage but it has not been a problem, however I have been on it for chronic headaches. I have taken 2mg a day for several years and am now on 1.75mg a day. Next week I'll drop to 1.50. I wish you well. Life ain't easy but it is something you can do. Try to stay positive and know what your realistic goals are and do it, if you can.
J

They call this combo "super pregabalin"! It will definitely fuck you up!