• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Potential damage caused by a list of drugs I've dabbled with

I see. The whole idea of taking substances that might permanently effect my intelligence is still quite scary to me. But then again, living in a city and inhaling so many toxic fumes on a regular basis may have comparable effect.

If you are unsure about how you feel about drugs damaging you in such small amounts, I think you shouldnt take anything. There are plenty of ways to enjoy life without drugs, so why cause so much worry by using them?

Um no. Common misperception. Weed is more damaging to synaptogenesis and neurons and plasticity than benzos or pills.

Do you think chronic use of marijuana during my early teens thru mid 20s could be responsible for the ADHD diagnosis I have received as an adult? I started smoking pot when I was 13 and used very heavily til I was about 25, then when I got hooked on Oxycontin/heroin I fell off cannabis pretty much. I'm 32 now.

If you are unsure about how you feel about drugs damaging you in such small amounts, I think you shouldnt take anything. There are plenty of ways to enjoy life without drugs, so why cause so much worry by using them?

I guess I opened a Pandora's box so to speak by experimenting with weed at my age. I know I can still enjoy life without using drugs, but I've enjoyed it so much that I don't see any point in quitting.

Dude, if you don't do it daily nothing bad is going to happen to you. I'm only 15 and iv done worse stuff than you already, and don't think I'm any worse for wear. If you take it easy it won't hurt you that bad. As for the list of stuff iv done, you've probably never heard of alot of it.

I guess I opened a Pandora's box so to speak by experimenting with weed at my age. I know I can still enjoy life without using drugs, but I've enjoyed it so much that I don't see any point in quitting.

Ok, that does make a bit of a difference. Even though you said you enjoy drugs (me too :) ), I was getting the vibe the worries over cognition or development outweighed any fun. But I will take it a face value of what you said.

You are correct the info is conflicting on marijuanas effect on younger brains which makes the choice harder. As I am no longer a daily or heavy smoker and am not in love with weed, I havent stayed current on such things but my gut says both the frequency that you smoke should have minimal impact but waiting until you are in your 20s is still safest.

But pleasureable activities make life bearable as well. It really comes down to you asking yourself is a short term act of enjoyment worth the worry and slight chance long term damage could occur.

It really comes down to you asking yourself is a short term act of enjoyment worth the worry and slight chance long term damage could occur.

You pretty much perfectly summed up the internal conflict I am going through right now. Honestly, I do know that there is a slight chance that even my moderate use COULD cause some minor impairment, but do I really want go go through life locked in a room in the fetal position worrying about what might happen if I try to have fun and enjoy smoking with my friends from time to time?

Listen to what these people are telling you bro, they know what they are talking about. I think it is a good thing you are worried about what you are doing, because it could deter you from following a path a lot of us have took. When I was 15, quitting getting high and partying wasn't even a part of my consciousness. I f I turned out somewhat normal, then for real, I think severe brain damage from drug use at an early age has to be rare.