Possibly not the right place for this but.......I dont like being homeless

painenduser

Bluelighter
I learned a late lesson of mixing OTC meds and Narc pain meds. I have been battling a cold for a while now (could be allergies) and I have had a pretty bad cough, so I figured, let me try something new, and something with out APAP (liver disease, APAP, no no). Little did I know until after I got home from the pharmacy and took the cough med did I realize it has dextromethorphan in it. Now if I am not mistaken that is aka DXM?? All I can tell you is that DXM and my pain meds together??? NOT A GOOD IDEA!

Look I am far from new to getting fucked up. I spent quite a few years gettig fucked up when I should have just been getting laid. HOWEVER, This combo is unreal! I had no intention of getting high or anything else. I came home from my Dr's to take my pain meds, take my cough meds, and then just crash in bed and enjoy a relaxing slow rest, watching TV then fall asleep.... NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<snip>
Advisory: The statements made herein are not of some one who at the time of this writting was of sound mind. However do note that this was not the intent of the evening as all I was trying to do was feel better. <snip>
Now comes my responsible nature. As being a recovering alcoholic, any substances or combination of substances that cause me to be come, well, high, should not and will not be repeated as I refuse to get back into my addictive behaviors. That being said, I am going to <snip>remember to wait an hour or 2 before taking the other medicine if need be.

Oh and Don't drink and drive, get high and fly, or tweak and tweet lol

Last edited by a moderator:
haha. looks like you r having a ball. "I am going to enjoy the fuck out of it while it's here".
Take care

PEU, your liver disease is probably affecting the metabolism of these drugs. Also, this post is probably triggering for many readers, and may be better for "Drug Culture" or "Trip Reports." Is there a question or concern buried in there?

PEU, your liver disease is probably affecting the metabolism of these drugs. Also, this post is probably triggering for many readers, and may be better for "Drug Culture" or "Trip Reports." Is there a question or concern buried in there?

Per my DR my liver is functioning perfectly even though it's damaged, so other then the possibility that the same enzymes that break down the opiates are also breaking down te cold meds, that could be an issue. As for this post being a post that could trigger someone, read through the forum. There are post all around that could trigger people. Do not see this as being put in "Drug Culture" nor "Trip Report" as this was an unintended consequence of taking the 2 together and me just sharing what was going on at the moment, as I needed to post to help ground me. This post was not placed here to condone what happened, but to explain what happened, and if it happened to give me a good time while I was at it even though it isn's something I had planned to do, or even expected to do, then why not share it. It will allow some people to laugh at my idiocy and naivety as well tell people what not to do as it probably wasnt entirely safe, but sure was fun lol

By no means I am belittling nor taking anything away from harm reduction, you and everyone else here who knows me should know better then that Missy.

Title of thread does not make any sense whatsoever in regards to the content of your post - Where does 'homeless' come into this??

Haha welcome to my world I was fucking high from DXM for 2 weeks cause something went worn dehydrated or soemthing. Or ebcause I took a asprin before taking DXM. Like you said NO GOOD IDEA! I was floting and robo walking for 2 weeks straight. Then to top all the shit yeah you guessed it the side effkets off DXM started to kick in. Got me high for a nother 2 weeks staright now I am almost on week 9 since my last DXM trip and I can say FUCK DXM never agaionb holly fucking cow I got so sacred by that trip I really dont have to do it again but the mental adiction is stil lthier :/

Whenever in doubt as to whether something is triggering or not, try to refer back to the guidelines. I realize that what is triggering for one person is not necessarily true for another so it is best to err on the side of caution. If you are extolling the fun of any particular substance, it could trigger someone that is trying to quit that, or all, substance(s).

<3 carry on people, we're all friends here!

Whenever in doubt as to whether something is triggering or not, try to refer back to the guidelines. I realize that what is triggering for one person is not necessarily true for another so it is best to err on the side of caution. If you are extolling the fun of any particular substance, it could trigger someone that is trying to quit that, or all, substance(s).

<3 carry on people, we're all friends here!
Even though thast is a very HQ coment and is very intresting and true, Id like to argue about that. Since I went though the exsact same as he did I dont think that his mental state caused the problem but more the fact that he took pain pills before.

OP: what kind of pain pills did you take?

Homeless thread is my guess.

Yes that is correct, the homeless thread, was trying to avoid that place :) In thinking clearly now, I should apologize for all for that post, it belonged in my blog and not in TDS, I was just in a moment I hadn't been in in a REALLY long time... Head was a tad fuzzy so I apologize if I confused anyone or gave anyone wrong impressions. My bad! :(

Even though thast is a very HQ coment and is very intresting and true, Id like to argue about that. Since I went though the exsact same as he did I dont think that his mental state caused the problem but more the fact that he took pain pills before.

OP: what kind of pain pills did you take?

And you are correct, it had NOTHING to do with my mental state, and everything thing to do with the mix of the DXM and I'm guessing the Dilaudid as that's the short term pain med I take. I believe fully that had I not taken one or the other, I would have been my normal lovable quirky yet serious self. Rather I spent the night just laughing at the predicament I had gotten myself into. :p

I am on a Fent patch 50mcg/hr and I had taken my last dose of 4mg's of dilaudid as I always do so I can sleep with out pain. Needless to say that the mix too any dreams of sleeping out of the question. I'll tell you for an OTC med, DMX is some fucked up shit. I am not trying to trigger anyone by the following, but it is pertinent to the conversation, it was not by any means a bad trip / high or whatever you call it, but it was totally and completely unexpected. Anyone not in the right state f mind, or someone who has never tripped out on anything before, any greenhorn recreational user or someone like me who innocently mixed the meds not realizing what they were in for, could have a severely bad trip, wind up in a loony bin, or worse do something like drive and kill themselves. That shit is not to be messed with unless you know what the F your doing. I am by no means a greenhorn, nor had a trip I could not recover from or control, but Ill tell you this one was close to being the first!

I do not recommend, unless you do it at your own risk and my post is NOT to be used as a post to learn any how to's, but rather, what not to's :)