• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

possible way to get rid of niccotine addiction?

dankstaker

Greenlighter
Hi guys, im new so I don't really know where to put this post lol

but anyways, I started smoking cigarettes about 3 weeks ago (about one or two a day). Ive been experimenting with drugs for a very long time and I thought cigarettes would be something interesting to try. At first I really liked the buzz I got from them, but the more I read online about addiction associated with them the more weary i got of them (Obviously Ive seen anti smoking PSA's but nothing hits you harder than a personal addiction story) I found myself starting to get addicted to them, having really strong cravings to go out and smoke. Then something weird happened. I went out for a smoke about a week ago. I had a shitload of time to kill as it was the weekend so i decided to stay outside for a while and smoke. I smoked 2 cigarettes pretty quickly while sitting down. When i stood up, my head hurt like a bitch (Which i had gotten before so this was kinda normal) and my stomach felt terrible (This i had not felt before). i tried for 20 minutes to make myself throw up but i couldn't. about an hour later it had passed. Since that happened I have had 0 urges to go out and smoke. In fact, whenever I think about smoking my stomach gets upset. I read online that its a common thing for new smokers to get upset stomachs and throw up. I was wondering if you could use that idea to get someone to quit cigarettes, like have them smoke until they're sick, maybe make them do it multiple times, then they wouldn't like cigarettes anymore? just a thought

p.s.: Dont smoke it fucks u up

People have tried this but in my experience the effect is unlikely to be that permanent as the discomfort and eventually your memory of the sickness fades.

In my case I was able to quit smoking cold turkey with basically zero cravings after being diagnosed with a condition where if I continued to smoke I had a much higher, close to definite risk of eventually going blind. After this it was basically a no brainer.

Obviously not everyone will have this experience, fortunately. But everyone is vaguely aware that smoking increases their risk of a range of horrible diseases that may lead to a slow death but for many these are merely abstract possibilities, like the chance of getting hit by a bus... sure, it happens to some people, but it's not guaranteed, and at the moment I feel fine, so... Regardless, perhaps if you can find some way to make this danger more real it might help, visit lung cancer/emphysema wards, or something... perhaps just hang out outside a hospital and witness the few inevitable decrepit patients walking with various fluids bags attached to them, perhaps being wheeled out, to choke down one more cigarette which quite possible being treated for a serious disease caused by cigarettes... but even this won't work for everyone.

Besides that, although I don't smoke vapes and they get a bad rap for various reasons, many (in my opinion) a little unfair, I would recommend switching your addicction from actual cigarettes to a vaporiser. Yes, I know, they are largely created by the tobacco industry to keep people hooked on nicotine, and yes, they are not 100% safe either, long term effects are relatively unstudied, there may be other harmful chemicals produced as a byproduct of the vaporisation process, and yes, possibly nicotine itself plays a role in carcinogenisis.

BUT that said vaporising compared to combusting dried plant material is just intrisically a safer method of administration. Unless you are vaporising uranium or something, inhaling vapour is ALWAYS going to be less harmful than inhaling smoke.

And yeah, I know, they don't look at cool, they're not the same, you don't get that coveted burn and all that, well, suck it up. Who gives a fuck if they don't look as cool, and as for not being the same, in the future everyone will be using vaporisers and direct-combustion as a method of administration will be looked at as a quaint and probably quite stupid quirk of the past, so you may as well get used to it now.

In my opinion people who cling to old style cigarettes may as well be luddite anti-progress fanatics clinging to a worthless and dying tradition out of stubbornness or fear as the world changes around them.

Best way is to quit cold turkey imo, with some kratom to help you relax. Even after the physical cravings are gone, the psychological ones will probably be there intermittently for the rest of your life.

I have being off tobacco for over two years now mate. My tip stay the fuck off them:). Its the one thing in life that still makes me smile, the very fact I gave those stinking rotten complete crap of a drug up. I do other substances but I'm trying to balance it with a work life bit recreational fun while trying to keep fit and healthy.
I understand the light head feeling and the vomitting and feeling like shit inside. That will pass if you continue to do it and it becomes easy as. Dont. Thy are expensive and you will spend a hefty sum in no time.

Cbd oil is helping people quit it helped me stop smoking joints with tobacco in i only vaporize now