• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Seed Tea / WD

IvyLeaves421

Greenlighter
Long story short. I have been on opiates/ opioids for over 8 years. Started as Rx, then stealing from my husbands Rx. After the divorce (unrelatedly to the addiction, it was abuse). I turned to the internet for a solution to my addiction, and I found poppy seed tea. At that time seeds were easy to obtain, Walmart, Amazon or any number of internet companies. I started small and was careful with each new brand I received. The high was amazing, lasted all day and no come down later. I work in the healthcare industry(non clinical, I don’t work with patients, just data) and drug tests are standard. Each new job required me to stop cold turkey and deal with the dreaded withdrawal. I consider myself a high functioning addict, at this time the drugs have not affected my life or relationships. The seeds are getting much harder to obtain and many companies are now washing the product prior to sale, which renders them useless for my needs.

Now to the issue at hand, I ran out of my normal seeds on Thursday of this week. I have been supplementing with an inferior product that is getting me by, barely. I am to start my official physician assisted withdrawal on Wed. That is 3 days away. I have diagnosed depression and anxiety and have access to a few things...gabapentin, Atarax, Elavil, Buspirone, and ambien. I am looking for a combo that will ease my symptoms and help with the sleep; I get horrible restless legs. I also have a substantial supply of wild (opium) lettuce, if anyone has info on that.

Any information would be appreciated.
IvyLeaves

Poppy seed tea withdrawal is synonymous with death for most.

You'll need something to take the edge off... like kratom would help but it's just not nearly strong enough to combat the sickness level from seed tea. As everyone will notice--functioning ON opiates does not mean you will be functional off them. The mental health issues with coming off regular doses is appalling i've found. The depression is unique and lethargy hard to combat. I miss the days when I could just do whatever mid-deep in withdrawals and still function. Towards the end I was as useless as a sea sponge facing the sickness.

Suboxone taper from a doctor would be a good bet but I don't know how long you want to draw this out or what your insurance situation is like. Otherwise--I'm not sure how you could come off something as powerful and long lasting as seed tea without pain involved :/ Eventually though no matter how you do it.. one day you'll wake up and feel normal again I promise. It's just what happens before that day that totally sucks lol.

I have had a friend that calculated with microsoft excel a taper schedule and he was successful. That might benefit you? He was on seed tea for years after heroin stopped benefitting him. I assume drug tests are involved now though? Poppy seed tea's morphine content would fail anyone's drug test. Kratom wouldn't show up and suboxone... I really don't know the regulations in the workplace nowadays with bupe. Gabapentin will be a godsend right now.

Last edited:
Poppy seed tea withdrawal is synonymous with death for most.

You'll need something to take the edge off... like kratom would help but it's just not nearly strong enough to combat the sickness level from seed tea. As everyone will notice--functioning ON opiates does not mean you will be functional off them. The mental health issues with coming off regular doses is appalling i've found. The depression is unique and lethargy hard to combat. I miss the days when I could just do whatever mid-deep in withdrawals and still function. Towards the end I was as useless as a sea sponge facing the sickness.

Suboxone taper from a doctor would be a good bet but I don't know how long you want to draw this out or what your insurance situation is like. Otherwise--I'm not sure how you could come off something as powerful and long lasting as seed tea without pain involved :/ Eventually though no matter how you do it.. one day you'll wake up and feel normal again I promise. It's just what happens before that day that totally sucks lol.

I have had a friend that calculated with microsoft excel a taper schedule and he was successful. That might benefit you? He was on seed tea for years after heroin stopped benefitting him. I assume drug tests are involved now though? Poppy seed tea's morphine content would fail anyone's drug test. Kratom wouldn't show up and suboxone... I really don't know the regulations in the workplace nowadays with bupe. Gabapentin will be a godsend right now.
But you agree that it solely depends if seeds are washed and from a low alkaloid/ nearly no alkaloid ( we have huge fields of those. Beeeaauutiful but worthless) or medium/high alkaloid unwashed seeds. I never tried that, better plant potent seeds, so i can offer no help and am out. Good luck!!

But you agree that it solely depends if seeds are washed and from a low alkaloid/ nearly no alkaloid ( we have huge fields of those. Beeeaauutiful but worthless) or medium/high alkaloid unwashed seeds. I never tried that, better plant potent seeds, so i can offer no help and am out. Good luck!!

Seed tea is wild man lol. The government knows about the residual morphine trapped on the surfaces of the seeds.. so of course like anything else fun they're after it to wash them more and more.

In my opinion--suddenly destroying seed tea's viability results in unplanned heroin use just to knock off the sickness. We know where that leads. BUT the US government loves increasing the heroin epidemic ten fold (even way higher) and claiming no responsibility for it. It's not my country to run though. They can deal with what happens. Ya reap what you sow captain murica.

Gabapentin helps a surprising amount with opiate withdrawal, although if you've been using poppy seeds daily, it isn't going to do a whole lot, probably. But really, once I get to light withdrawal, gabapentin basically makes me feel totally better. I would recommend taking 300mg every 45 minutes until you get to 1200mg, and see if it helps. It should definitely take the edge off. The only thing is, it is also addictive, so you can't take it every day. If you don't have a previous addiction to it, you can probably get away with 7 days in a row though, if you then take a break. It helps with the RLS and with your mood.