• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Seed Tea color meaning? the darker the stronger it is?

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
I got an unusually dark colored tea and it's hit me perhaps the strongest it ever has and haven't drunk nearly as much. I guess maybe this is what people mean when they say each batch is different. I do remember one time noticing it was way clearer than usual and I thought I had done something wrong but I came to the conclusion I had used too much water, it was too diluted. But after that I think I always kind of got that color, this one is unbelieavably strong. Does anyone if the color does mean something? or perhaps I used too little water this time?. I've been using only once a month since September so I don't have a tolerance. I remember I used to down 1 whole pound of the lighter clearer one, always used the same brand though. Last time I used 13oz or so, there's 16oz in a pound. This time I've prolly drank 7-8 oz and it's hit me way more.

yeah, darkness is a fairly good indicator that the seeds were coated in more opium latex. this isn't always the case though, as some batches of seeds/pods may contain less opium goop but have a higher morphine/codeine content. you should always go easy on a new batch, but i'd be especially wary of darker tea.

Smackydowner, If I remember correctly from the summer you used to use PST correct? If so, have you noticed that even when using very sporadically like once a month that you still get at least some WD's, like maybe 1 day or so of feeling like shit?. Maybe it's just a hangover instead of WD's. Or maybe it's just me. Before I started using once a month I went 2 full months completely clean

i used to use every opiate i could get my hands on for years. and yes, a one off use will have me feeling a little shitty and wanting more.

i think this is because we've been addicted before. wd's seem to come on farrrr easier once you've had a habit. it's never that severe if it's a one-off though, even with heroin - mainly just some gastric discomfort and a slightly weird detached irritability.

if i use for 3 days in a row i'm absolutely fucked and spend 4-5 days miserable afterwards.

Taste is the better indicator you could fuck up and leave it too long or leech off the oils. Third washes will usually be incredibly dark but have no effect.

(Does this mean endless posts about you quitting in a few weeks?)

I hesitate to recommend this but I've had great success using very small doses of dxm and chelated magnesium coupled with only using once a week. I used to cheat and do two or three times a week after dosing and pretend because I was still high that it didn't count. I've almost felt like I've od'ed a couple of times using dxm though so be careful. I only feel like killing myself one day of the week now while I go to sleep crying.

I think in general color is a good guide, but taste is better. I've also heard of some poppy seed companies spraying the seeds black, or something? In which case the tea is very dark, but not good quality.

Imho it's just as good as oxycodone or heroin.
And it has a very long duration.
It lasts the whole day if I remember correctly.

Imho it's just as good as oxycodone or heroin.
And it has a very long duration.
It lasts the whole day if I remember correctly.

wow really, would u happen to have any links on learning more? i know nothing about pst, would love to learn about it and maybe try it, wouldn't know where/what to purchase either though

Honestly I don't know why people say PST last longer than regular opiates. For me I barely get a few hours of relief. Oddly enough I get longer lasting relief from IV heroin, which can easily last half a day with a good dose. Poppy seed tea is just to random.... Good to use once to get high, but not something to use regularly

Honestly I don't know why people say PST last longer than regular opiates. For me I barely get a few hours of relief. Oddly enough I get longer lasting relief from IV heroin, which can easily last half a day with a good dose. Poppy seed tea is just to random.... Good to use once to get high, but not something to use regularly

half a day wow im jealous

I've had it lasts days when I had no tolerance. This sounds like a good thing but it ain't. I would kill for oxy or dope instead of this dirty unpredictable drug.

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing you just end up feeling empty inside after being high for a few hours unless you start using other drugs and drinking.

I usually make poppy pod tea cos I can get pods however yesterday all I could get was seeds, so I made pst, the high was nothing in comparison and I threw my guts up, it sucked

Poppy pod tea was the only thing comparable to a decent shot of brown. Those days are pretty much over though, and I used to love making Pod tea while I lived in Texas. They were cheaper than norcos or a balloon, and the real advantage to using pods was the insanely long duration of effects. Pain relief all day, cravings eliminated better than a dose of bupe or methadone IMO. PST can never come close to it.

Those were the days...

Poppy pod tea was the only thing comparable to a decent shot of brown. Those days are pretty much over though, and I used to love making Pod tea while I lived in Texas. They were cheaper than norcos or a balloon, and the real advantage to using pods was the insanely long duration of effects. Pain relief all day, cravings eliminated better than a dose of bupe or methadone IMO. PST can never come close to it.

Those were the days...
Well, you could grow your own.

It's all relative bullshit. When you have little or no tolerance 30-40mgs of oxycodone will "last all day".....when your tolerance is like mine, which is where any opiate user will end up with enough gear and time used....nothing will last all day. 500mgs of oxycodone will give me a light buzz for 30ish minutes but the buzz is nothing like it used to be. It isn't that all encompassing warm, euphoric noddy high its more a peripheral buzz. Like I've said a billion times in my experience certainly with oxycodone that tolerance not only changes the amounts required for a high but it also dictates what that high feels like - it's personality changes, and taking more simply wont change that.

Rotating different opioids and opiates will likely help prolong the fun but either way it's a losing battle.

....nothing will last all day. 500mgs of oxycodone will give me a light buzz for 30ish minutes but the buzz is nothing like it used to be.

Really 500? Is somebody hiding it in your food, or something? That much would probably cause even seasoned heroin users into a nod. So I'm just guessing you eat these oxycodones, right? I'd slap anyone who claims 500mg IV'd doesn't do shit, and take their shit.

Really 500? Is somebody hiding it in your food, or something? That much would probably cause even seasoned heroin users into a nod. So I'm just guessing you eat these oxycodones, right? I'd slap anyone who claims 500mg IV'd doesn't do shit, and take their shit.

i watched a buddy load 3 syringes each with 10 30mg roxycodones in them... 300mg's oxy total... he shot one immediately after the other... i asked if he was finally high he said "i guess"

Yes 500mgs orally as a powder, but I've taken close to double that....there will be plenty of others that have done it and more, that's just where tolerance will take you.

The only reason I wasn't IV'ing oxy was because of the high oral BA of the drug. I'm on 20mg of suboxone now though.